Two semi weird things happened yesterday. One, my inbox said I had 6 new messages though I could not see anything on the first page. I started going back, page after page into the archives (knowing it was ridiculous because I clean it out enough to know I didn't miss anything) but eventually, about 5 months back, I had a new email from my mom. The 6th and last one (all from her) was from January '07! Isn't that odd? And wasn't this a story somewhere recently, maybe on OT? Huh. Have you ever gotten a really late email?
The other weird thing was that sometime during the afternoon I developed a headache. I took two Tylenol and sat on the sofa to watch TV. The next thing I knew, I was getting tired. So now I'm assuming I am getting sick or something. The phone kept ringing but I was so lethargic I kept missing it. One time I did pick it up and it was my dad who kept asking me what was wrong. I didn't want him to know I was sleeping so I tried to sound normal. Anyways, after laying on the sofa for a couple hours completely out of it, I got up and was very dizzy. Later in the evening, my mom called and I told her I might be sick. She asked about my symptoms and I told her the biggest two were my head and feeling lethargic to the point of it feeling unnatural. I was really concerned! She asked what I took and I picked the bottle of Tylenol up to read it and noticed the two letters I missed the first time. "PM". *snort* So I drugged myself to sleep in the middle of the afternoon yesterday. Oops.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




20 comments:
Do I need to lump you into the Dorks Club with Boo and Breezy? *poke*
You just made the line "Dork thinks it's gonna rain" from Back to the Future pop into my head, LOL! Do you know that part? Always makes me laugh.
So um, yes, apparently I AM a dork.
*joins Breezy and Boo*
Cod is going to give us a Dork Day, you know.
I have done the same thing before with the Tylenol. Very hard to deal with when you have a child who won't nap.
Sounds like Tylenol PM works well. :) And it sounds like something I would do.
Dorks of the blog world unite!
Ugh, and it should say "you just made ME THINK OF the line..." Now I feel like a real dork.
*waves to Boo* Hey, we should have a dork peep meet, yes?
*invites Debs to the Dork Peep Meet*
Are Nerds invited to the Dork peep meet?
Behold! Let there be a Day for the Dorks.
On this day the Dorks shall meet, and exchange tales of other Dorks, and eat rich foods and drink fine spirits.
And it shall be that the Dorks will one day inherit the earth, for they are blessed.
(they shall share the earth with the Meek and may wish to retain a good probate attorney, just in case, for the Meek can be very aggressive.)
Hmm, not sure about Nerds. There may be enough of those to do their own meet. ;-)
LOL @ Cod!
Hmm, I may have dual citizenship in both the Dork and Nerd class.
What is the difference again? I need to check my credentials.
I'll have to check the handbook and get back to you. We just need to wait for Boo to finish writing it. She insists on numbering every single point which ends up taking longer. *rolls eyes*
*dorky laugh*
Psst, MM, your epidermis is showing!
*dorky laugh*
*proves he belongs in the club*
Ive had emails come in that were delayed by a day or two but never months.
Dork!!!
Can geeks join the dork/nerd club?
You still slay me, bwahahahaha. And btw, you might wanna google dork before you refer to yourselves as one, just sayin.
(It is an old whalers term for a whales penis, just so ya know. The things ya learn working on a ferry, I swear.)
*smooches* to you all
You awake yet? *grin*
I did something similar the week before my vacation when I was fighting a cold. I was trying to keep my nose from running so I took an allergy pill before I went to bed. The next morning I took another one thinking they were 12 hour pills. I was spinny all day and when I checked the package I found out they were 24 hour pills.
My name is lights and I'm a dork too.
Yay! We have a nice group of dorks/geeks and nerds here. I feel lucky to be in suck good company. :)
*smooches Woe*
*smooches Lights*
*snort*
That should read "sucH good company", sorry!
That was me that said I got an email 3 years after it was sent. I've been a dork all my life and it doesn't bother me.
Being the only guy commenting on your blog does make me feel a little self conscious, though.
Post a Comment