After reading Weltek's blog account of our meeting, I believe I need to set the record straight.
Let's begin by addressing my "strolling" towards her. I would call it halfway running, which we had previously agreed not to do. However, since I got lost in my own GD town and I couldn't get to Old Sac easily, I knew she was waiting for me and I felt awful. I was happy to see that she was smiling and didn't seem angry. She was dressed far more appropriately than I, and I was wishing I had worn a short sleeved shirt instead of my stupid blazer. We hugged and said hello, then began window shopping and looking around. We had fun in the sock store, like she said.
I *did* want to go into Evangeline's, BUT, it is a fun store with tons of neat things. It has costumes, knick-knacks, cards, books, candles, etc. Then I noticed a curtain hanging and of course my curiosity got the best of me. I went to peek inside when Kim kinda shoved me in. The next thing I knew, we were face to face with all kinds of naughty things. Mostly gag gifts and games, not actual naughty toys, I don't think. I stood there frozen with my eyes closed while she shopped. *grin*
I finally dragged her out and we went into a Round Table and found a quiet place to sit and talk. The time absolutely flew by! I had made plans for that evening to see a movie with my kids and my brother and his kids, but I was SO disappointed when I actually had to leave. I really could have sat and chatted with her forever. If anyone here ever has the chance to meet with her, I'd highly recommend it. The only person we actually talked about was Carey, btw. ;-)
I really hope she comes back soon and I can spend more time with her. Oh! And I want to say Thank You Kim, for driving over this way to make this meet possible. Next time, I'll try to come your way so you can skip the nasty California traffic. :)
____________________________________________
Also, if anyone gets a chance to see Sea Monsters at Imax, you should. Other than making a fool of myself by gasping and jumping, it was really educational.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
I'm really not happy with the fact that you are going to smut shops without me. I thought that was OUR special thing. Hrmph.
I did love my gifts though and laughed out loud at each one. Just ask Kimmer. *giggle*
Glad you had a good time and glad that the two of you got to experience the wonderfullness that each of you are.
Okay, your account of the day? Not much different than Kim's. LOL Glad you two had a wonderful time. She's much fun to be around.
I love you both bunches, and I'm glad you got to spend time together.
Glad you had a fun peep meet!
THanks for the good words on the IMAX thing, I think the sea monsters are HERE now, and the kids have free passes from their summer reading contest ! Off we go!
But it just wouldn't have been YOU without a blazer. I hear the salespeople in Evangeline's knew you by name.
You tell it your way, I'll tell it the RIGHT way. :-)
I miss you already.
Carey, glad you liked your gifts. You are easy to shop for!
Momma, the most important difference was that SHE was the one wanting to look in the smut section, not me. *grin*
*smooches Boo* Thanks!
mom2bjm, you should definitely take the kids to the Imax for this one, it was great!
*snort* @ Puffy!
Kim! I was so bummed I couldn't stay longer. Next time I'll plan better!
Post a Comment