And the rest of you can be the Beauties I guess. :)
*raises hand*
I? Am a dork. Not a geek because I'm not smart enough, not a Nerd because I don't wear a pocket protector and I suck at math, but definitely a DORK. In fact, here's a tidbit I have no doubt I'll regret sharing with you: My name Tabitha is biblical in origin. How many of you knew that? *notices the Geeks who raise their hands* Dorcas is the Greek word for Tabitha. I believe this more than qualifies me, right?
Moving on...so far my week sucks. I've not had one day to just be home, despite my "stay at home mom" status, and it won't be getting better. I have a job to do Thursday and plans on Friday. I should just be happy about my plans, which I am, but still, it's another day I won't be home. I miss just being home. *sniff*
Here's the upside: I get to see my RLBFF Thursday evening. :) Not sure what we'll do but she mentioned Nordstrom Rack, so maybe we'll go there. On Friday, I am getting up early. As in, AYFKM early. But after I have some coffee and I wake up, I'll be very happy because I get to go kayaking! Yay! I'm a tad nervous but very much looking forward to it. After that, my mother wants to go to a movie with me. It'll be a busy day!
Last thing: I was wondering if you all have a favorite comedian? I was watching a clip from Mitch Hedberg recently and realized my list of favorite comedians is fairly short. At the top of my list is Ellen DeGeneres. I've loved her since she started on 'Improv Tonight'. Second to her is David Letterman followed by Dennis Miller. They all have a wonderful, dry sense of humor that I love.
Who are your favorite or stand out comedians?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




15 comments:
I love Ellen. Steve Martin used to e my favorite. I haven't been keeping up with my comedians. Sorry your week has sucked!
I like Ellen, but I love Bill Engval and Jeffffff DunHAM. *snort* Ok the guy is Jeff Dunham, he's a ventrilogist and he made me pee myself.
I think you need to change your screen name in blogland to Dorcas. *snort* I love that.
Being busy is good. Being busy when you have lots on your mind is VERY good. Enjoy it.
What is AYFKM (or whatever you said)???
Comedians? I honestly don't know anymore. How sad is that?
I love Jon Stewart more than I can say. Ellen's good too.
I'm definitely a dork. Chris tells me all the time. :-)
I love Ellen. I honestly don't keep up with comedians. I know who I don't like: Carlos Mencia, Carrot Top, and Larry the Cable Guy.
I'm a dork leaning toward geek because I like gadgets. I have a computer in my entertainment center.
*hangs head in geek shame*
I've been in the office twice this week already and am going in again tomorrow - making for the most time I've spent in the office in nearly 6 months. I wish I could say I miss the office but I SO don't.
I don't know if I have a favorite comedian. I'll have to think about that and come back.
You forgot freaks.
I'm not sure I have any favorite comedians. *thinks* I have some lustful tendencies that make me want to say a certain somebody named Dane but hmmm... I don't really think I have a favorite.
I'm pretty certain I'm a DORK.
I know what RLBFF is but not that other one. I feel like I'm in the middle of that Verizon texting commercial.
I actually know two different women named Dorcas.
I don't have a favorite comedian. I think I mentioned somewhere that I have been enjoying that Arliss guy on his HBO school show, but I don't even know enough about that to tell you what it is.
*smooch*
I hope your week gets better.
Sorry guys, I guess I made up the "AYFKM" acronym. It's, 'are you fucking kidding me?'. *grin*
Next time I'll look one up.
(just more proof that I'm a dork)
What does it say about me that I knew what AYFKM meant LOL.
I would say my current fave stand up commedian is Kathy Griffin.
Fave commedian in movies would be Steve Martin.
I do like Jon Stewart and Ellen D.
*welcomes Nookie into the Dork club*
Or maybe we should call it the NDaGC? :P
Be careful of the alligators when you are kayaking.
I love Ellen and I love Chelsea Handler. She makes me pee myself. Margaret Cho can get a good giggle out of me. Especially when she imitates her Mother. *snort*
Joy Behar cracks me up even though she doesn't do standup anymore. David Letterman cracks me up as well.
Does Chelsea Handler still have her show? I loved that.
Yes, she does. She has her standup act and her late night talk show.
She also has a couple of books.
Breezy says I'm a cheater but she's a dork so what does she know. *giggle*
Bill Engval is probably my favorite. I used to like Steven Wright but haven't heard anything from him for so long. "You can't have everything, where would you put it?" *snort*
Hope you survived the kayaking!
Post a Comment