I finally went out to dinner with a friend I've known for well over a year now (almost two) for the first time tonight. We totally hit it off, which I was slightly worried about because she is only 20 and I'm used to older friends (than myself). It was so much fun! The only downside? The ridiculous fact that we have to hide it from the mutual friend who introduced us (I've mentioned her before...Jenn). Anyways, we're not exactly going to keep it from her, but we are not going to announce it either. We just don't want to deal with the backlash. How silly is this? At my age, hiding this kind of thing. *rolls eyes* But on the bright side, this girl has fantastic shoes. She is one size bigger than me but we are going to see if we can give each other our misfits. Yay!
So, on a completely unrelated note, I have a question for you all.
Have you ever snooped somewhere you shouldn't have and disliked what you found?
I did this today at my mom's house. I went to sign into my email and my brother's email was there... anyways, I saw the title of an email (didn't open it) and it made me unhappy. Now I have to deal with the fact that I may know something I *didn't* want to know. Have you ever done anything like that?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




12 comments:
I have snooped in the past and saw things I wished I hadn't. That was a quick cure for me snooping where I shouldn't have.
Speaking of shoes, I got 3 new pair of flip flops and two new pair of tennies last night. :)
I've seen things I wish I hadn't, purely by accident...similar to what happened to you. I generally don't snoop intentionally, but you can't help but see what's right in front of your face sometimes.
I finally got a new pair of black flip flops! Yay!
And new friends are good.
Carey, I thought of you yesterday when I was looking for my other flip flop. I thought, "I bet Carey would think I'm an idiot for only owning one pair of flip flops...", LOL!
I need some platform flip flips. Maybe they're not called that, but I need some to give me the extra inches I lack. *waves to momma*
Yes, I've ended up knowing things I'd prefer not to have known. Like Bravie said it was a quick cure for snooping.
New friends are great!
I don't recall ever snooping like that, but I saw something by accident at the airport last week.
Let's just say that if you're 20, wearing a tiny miniskirt, and going commando, you probably shouldn't reach WAAAAY into the farthest reaches of your trunk to find something unless your goal is to give the guy in the SUV behind you who is waiting to pick up his daughter, a show.
Oh, I'm glad you enjoyed time with your new friend! It reminded me of when I was 16. I had two friends I did different things with. One day we all did something together (the three of us) and from then on, they became best friends and soon wouldn't hang out with me any more. :(
Actually, they found it entertaining to endlessly make fun of me and it got so bad, I got tired of it and stopped hanging out with them. It hurt a lot. Shortly afterwards, my best friend from junior high moved to the city we had moved to and we became best friends again.
Yay for the new friendship! And yeah, it is pretty silly you have to worry about backlash, but I can see where it comes from.
Can't say I've ever found anything I wished I hadn't. Ack, wait. Yes. It has to do with my parents.
I know things about both of my daughters that I wish I didn't know. At the time, I had to find out what they were up to as part of that great parental imperative to protect your child.
Neither girl knows I know what I know, and they never will. For my middle child this meant I knew I had to step between her (when she was 12) and my 26 year old nephew.
Yay for your new friend!!!
Years ago, I snooped and found a little box that I thought was something it wasn't. That sucked.
I have also snooped and found things that I am glad I found.
Sometimes the "snooping" means justifies the end. I know that sounds wrong and horrible. But sometimes it just does.
That friend crap is so high school. *rolls eyes* *acts all mature & stuff*
I never snoop... uh... well yes I do! I snoop in DD's room sometimes to make sure she's not doing anything teenagers do. :)
I agreee Boo. I have done it and while I should not have I was glad I did and was able to rectify something.
Oh I did come clean about it too.
As for with kids I'm all for it.
Post a Comment