
I'm still not sure how long or short to make this, so I'll try for somewhere in the middle. ::update:: Screw it, it's long. Sorry.
Day one: we left at around 4:30 for the airport. I took 1mg of Ativan for the flying anxiety. My dad took 2mgs. He was completely embarrassing after that. Thank goodness I didn't over medicate. I know I took just the right amount because I didn't feel overly anxious and also because I remember not feeling overly anxious. Last year I took too much and have no memory of getting home. That was not something I liked. So we got to Seattle and it was cold and rainy. We went to our hotel and ate at the Denny's that was in the parking lot. We decided to never eat at Denny's again. *yuck*
Day two: We had to be awake by 5am in order to be ready to leave at 6am. The ferry to Victoria left at 8am, so we had plenty of time to kill. That was a good thing because US Customs decided I needed proof I wasn't stealing DD from DH, so I needed to call him, wake him up and ask him to write a letter and fax it over. Sheesh!
We finally got on the ferry and enjoyed the ride. We played cards and ate breakfast on the boat. Oh! And I tried Gouda cheese and liked it! *waves to Kim*
When we got to Victoria, dad decided we would walk to our hotel. Gah! I was wearing my very cute but *not walking* boots. My feet were already hurting. We eventually got there and it was right across from the Royal BC Museum, which was good. We then walked down to the pier and looked around.
Finally, our family from Vancouver had arrived so we met them back at the hotel. Mom and I went to our rooms to unpack while they all went to eat. I mostly laid on the bed and did not unpack. *grin*
They wanted to walk back into the city after eating, so we went again, on another long walk. I think I walked ten miles that day. We went to bed pretty early.
Day three: This was the day we got to see the Titanic exhibit. I was so excited! It was extremely crowded inside the museum, but I am so glad we got to go. There were not as many artifacts as I would have expected, but I did learn a lot. It was very interesting and sad. I also learned from my grandfather that we had two relatives on the Titanic that did not survive. It was weird to see their names on the giant board. We were all given boarding passes when we arrived with names of actual Titanic passengers. At the end, we had to see if we survived. I had a feeling that when my room number was listed as "unknown" it was not good. I didn't survive. :(
We just milled around after that, doing the normal sightseeing. My aunt Stephanie also drove my brother, DD and I to 'Mile 0'. She explained what that was but I don't remember.
Day four: On this day we had nothing to do but check out of the hotel and hang around until it was time for the ferry trip back to Seattle. We walked to the mall and did some shopping. It was really laid back and nice. There was also a parade in honor of all the Fallen Officers. It was very touching. I guess Al Gore was there, but I never saw him.
We eventually said our goodbyes to our family and went our separate ways. The ferry ride back was very bumpy. I stood outside and took some gorgeous sunset pictures.
When we got to Seattle, we were all hungry. It was raining though and we did not have a car so we had to find something close by. Across the street was a Bar and Grill place so we went there. We were promptly told by the waitress that they could not serve DD, as she was underage. So in order to avoid the Denny's, we opted for Jack in the Box and Taco Bell. We all set off in different directions to get our food and then meet back at the hotel. Did I mention it was raining? Anyways, because it was so late, by the time we all got to the fast food places, we were told the lobby's were closed and only the Drive Thru's were open. Gah! We were wet, cold and hungry and had to call a cab to get some freakin food? We decided the only option left was Denny's. We all ran back towards it, laughing like idiots because by now we were soaking wet. Ironically, the food this time around didn't seem nearly as bad as the first night we went there.
Day five: We had until mid afternoon before we had to be at the airport. It was very relaxing. Not much to even report on here, other than the fact that I about peed myself laughing because I got to shock both my DD and my dad. I had bought a fake Ipod that sends out an electrical shock when you try to turn it on. After getting DD to do it, we went for my dad at the airport. My mom laughed so hard she woke up two guys who were trying to sleep nearby.
The flight was fine and I was happy to finally be home. Tired, but very happy. :)
Oh! And somewhere up there^ I forgot to mention that I got to go into a Lush store finally! I bought a couple of bath bombs. Haven't tried them yet, though.
As for pictures, I am trying to add some to the slideshow I already have up. I have no idea if it will work. I'll add some more later, either way. :)




16 comments:
I actually like Denny's. They have good pancakes. *yum*
I can't believe your DH had to write a letter to the customs people! How funny.
LOL @ the fake iPod.
*going back to look at pics*
*smooch* I'm glad you had a good trip.
Wow, your Aunt Stephanie is really young! *giggle*
Does your DD have highlights? I really like the color of her hair. I want it.
Sounds like a great, fun, relaxing mini vacation! Yay!
Jen, I updated the caption with my aunt Steph. :P
I don't eat pancakes. In fact, I don't even like the word. It sounds wrong to me. Guess I'm weird there.
DD does have a few highlights. I think there are seven small streaks somewhere in there. I can't see them in the pic though, so that's her natural color. I call it, "light brown", lol!
*smooch* Momma! It really was.
Isn't the Titanic exhibit awesome? Did you get a boarding pass? The one that I got survived the sinking. *grin*
*smirk* SOME one didn't read my post. *grin*
*snort* Actually I did but the phone rang in the middle of reading. So I must have figured that I finished that part when I got back and ended up missing that. LMAO
I hear the Titanic exhibit is awesome. Did you get a boarding pass? Did you "survive"?
Loved the slideshow pics! :)
Thank Cod for another Denny's Snob!
I got distracted in the middle of reading by the pictures. I love pictures.
LOL at Bravie and MTW.
Yeah, not so much a fan of Denny's. It's a last resort place for us, and only when traveling.
Nobody has asked the most important question:
Which bath bombs did you buy?
So you never answered my question. Did you survive?
did you stnad in the silloutte (how is that spelled) of the boat?
Did you get a boarding pass?
Were you Rose or Jack from the movie? Jack dies, ya know.
*waves to another snob*
LOL @ MTW.
Kim, I got the Sex Bomb and the Happy Pill. DD got one too but I can't remember what it was.
*eye roll* No Carey, I did not survive. Yes, I got a boarding pass. *wonders if I should let her know that Jack and Rose weren't really on the Titanic* Didn't see a silhouette anywhere.
I don't see any photos.
I love Victoria. I like the waterfront walk with all the street artists. Did you have High Tea at the Fairmont? I love all the large totem poles around the museum. (Thinks we're talking about the same museum.)
I hate Denny's! Their food has made me sick twice and I've only been there three times. Plus their corporate culture seems to be racist.
??? Seattle has many lovely restaurants! Next time take a cab to one your hotel's front desk can recommend!
Anyone with children under 16 should carry a letter from the child's other parent giving permission for the trip. Customs started getting fussy about that a few years ago. It seems like a pain in the neck, but overall I think it is a good thing.
Swami, the pics are in the slideshow to the right...can you see it?
We did not do High Tea this time, though my grandfather really wanted to. We just didn't have the time. We defintiely learned a thing or two about what to do next time, lol!
What do you mean they weren't really on the titanic? I saw them. Rose was the owner of the blue diamond. *shakes head*
At the exhibit at the Metreon, they projected from the ceiling to the floor, a silhoutte of the actual life boats. The encouraged people to stand on the projection so you could see just how many people could fit in the boat. They also had a huge iceberg at the end of the exhibit so that you could touch it and see how cold it was. Cuz prior to that, I had no idea that ice was cold.
Oh I feel stupid, you're right of course. Umm no, I didn't get Rose or Jack. What a shame. *pats Carey on head*
The Metreon exhibit sounds way cool. They did have the iceberg at this one though, so that was neat. It was cold! Who knew? I was bummed that we couldn't take any pictures of any of it.
Post a Comment