We got to the lake and parked at the docking place (is that what it's called?). You can see in the picture there was no one else around. After we put the kayaks in the water I was informed I needed to actually walk into the water, to get in. Great to know. *sigh* I had to remove my socks and tennies and roll up my jeans. And it was cold water! After I got settled into the kayak, I had to learn to balance really quickly as I put my shoes and socks back on.
This is a picture of my Aunt. I was playing with that feature where you highlight one color and make the rest black and white.
There were so many places to kayak on this particular lake. There were swampy areas and little...ugh, can't think of the word. Maybe I don't *know* the word, but basically like trails to follow. Skinnier areas that were not on the main lake. What are those called? Anyways, because the water level was so high, we were able to get to places that she normally can't get to. This is a pic of a tree I liked that was behind an ancient concrete structure.
Here I am, under a tunnel. We should have stayed there, as a few minutes after we were through it, it started pouring on us! You can see how shallow the water is here. My aunt said normally she has to walk her kayak across this!
Ok, here's where it gets really scary. I was pretty sure I spotted an alligator up ahead, so my aunt offered to go first and check it out. Here, she is tapping it on the head. She thought it was a log, because it didn't even flinch when she hit it, but c'mon, a log?? Nope, this was definitely some sort of creature, playing dead. Very intelligent!
Soon after, I noticed a pair of true lake monsters. Good thing I had my camera! These ones also froze up and played dead as we cautiously floated past. I was very proud of myself for exhibiting such bravery. I knew Carey would have felt awful if something had actually attacked me, after she taunted me in my last post. *sticks tongue out at her*
Here is a blue heron we saw as we were being drenched. You can see the rain on the water. My aunt kept asking me if I wanted to go back, but there was no way I was gonna let a little water scare us off. It was totally worth staying through. We are making arrangements to go back again soon, especially if we can find a better day weather-wise. She said now that I've proven I can do it, we can even separate for a while and enjoy the solitude out on the water.
Overall, it was a fantastic experience. I can't wait to do it again.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Other than that, my weekend was ok. I went to a play on Saturday with the kids. I skipped a party at my friend Jenn's house. Oh, I also went to the movies with my mom on Friday. We saw Tyler Perry's Why Did I Get Married, and The Heartbreak Kid. Both were ok. The Heartbreak Kid was almost difficult to watch because the main female character was exactly like my ex-SIL (crazy). They never said what her "disorder" was, but it was very weird to see the same behaviors in her.




12 comments:
Wow, MM. I have to say I'm impressed and very proud of you, braving the cold, the wet, the morning, and the monsters to go kayaking with your aunt! Way to go!
*smooch*
No, haven't seen those movies, but DID go see Seamonsters 3D - loved it - funniest part was watching people reach out to touch stuff!
Good for you on the Kayaking! Sounds like loads of fun!
Wow I'm uber impressed. I've always wanted to try kayaking but am a bit chicken about it. I can't imagine going off alone.
LMAO at the lake monsters. You are just too cute!!!
Beautiful pictures. I love the B & W one with your aunt in blue. I've been kayaking and want to go again. I prefer two in a boat so I don't have to do so much rowing. Is the word you're trying to think of called an "inlet?" I think the docking place might be called a "pier."
Puffy<--- boat and water expert.
Thanks MTW! :)
mom2bjm, glad you saw Seamonsters. I had to restrain myself from reaching out, lol! It just strikes me as silly. I did jump a lot though.
Nookie, you should try it. You'd see that there is really nothing to fear. With the right kind of kayak, the chances of tipping are very slim!
Puffy! Thanks for the missing words! *snort* I believe you are absolutely correct. *slaps self on forehead*
I've not seen two person kayaks, but then, I'm not a boat and water expert either. ;-)
Cool pics. I did gasp a little at the monsters in the lake. *giggle*
Looks like a great time. I'm proud of you. *smooch*
p.s. haven't seen either movie.
*giggle* You are too funny. Those lake monsters look very scary!
I'm so glad you had a good time! That's rather impressive.
Look at you, sporty girl! I'm usually not attracted to jocks, but I have to make an exception in your case. ;-)
*besa*
Thanks Carey! :)
Thanks Kim! :)
Thanks Jen!
*adjusts jockstrap*
*feels extremely unsexy right now*
Psst! Jockstraps are for guys, not hot chicks.
Heh, I think that's why I felt really unsexy afterward. ;-)
Well sometimes wearing guys clothes can be sexy, but apparently not jockstraps. ;-)
Post a Comment