On Saturday I went to the Renaissance Festival with my parents, kids and niece and nephew. My mother decided at the last minute to dress up. *snort* I embarrass rather easily so this was a big deal to me. She brought a costume for my son too, so they at least had each other. To be fair, most the people there were dressed up, so if anyone should have felt silly, it would have been us (the gawkers). I'll post a pic or two from that day. It was so much fun!
On Sunday we went on our annual trip to Apple Hill with the family we've gone with for over twenty years. I'm not sure I ever remember *not* going with them. Anyhow, I took tons of pics of the kids and of trees (I'm fascinated by trees). :) It's the one time a year that I have pie. I love the dutch apple pie. For the first time ever, they were sold out. I settled for regular apple pie and while I'm sure it was good (as far as regular apple pie goes) it was *not* what I wanted so I was bummed. Do you all love Apple Pie? Isn't it American to love it or something? Does Canada have a kind of pie that belongs to them? What kind of pie is your favorite? I think coconut cream is my all time fave. *yum* Why don't we have a coconut farm here? *pout*


Today, I scheduled a massage from a friend who is visiting from Hawaii (no pics!). She did both my mother and I for over two hours each for only $125! Of course we tipped her, too. :)
Today, I scheduled a massage from a friend who is visiting from Hawaii (no pics!). She did both my mother and I for over two hours each for only $125! Of course we tipped her, too. :)
I think I'm going to schedule another one for next week. If I were rich, I'd do that every. freakin'. day! If money were no object, what one thing would *you* want daily? I'd also want someone to exercise for me, lol! Right after my massage, I went for my walk on the nature trail. I would have rather slept. *yawn* Wish me a good night's sleep, people! I've had insane insomnia again.
P.S. somewhere in my computer is a program that allows me to choose a font and write on a picture. I actually made some very amateur sig pics years ago using the sample pics (dorky!) and it was kinda fun. Now, I love the picture of the leaves (up above) and need to know what I used...does anyone know if there is a standard program on all computers that allows us to write on them?




22 comments:
I think it's great that your mom got into the festival. She and your son look terrific!
I'm not a big apple pie fan, but then again, I'm Canadian LOL. Not sure if there is a national fave in Canada. I know that sugar pie is popular in Quebec. I could never eat it though because it's just too sweet. My fave pie is pecan pie. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.
If I had unlimited funds, I would have someone style my hair every day. I would also have a personal trainer come to the house. And, if there were any money left over, I would have my own personal chef. If I could only choose one, I would go with the personal chef.
I believe the Paint program from Microsoft is standard on most computers and has a text feature on it.
I forgot to answer your question about pics. I never have trouble viewing your blog at work. It's only at home I have trouble because I use Firefox there.
I do not think you post too many pictures. I love them. Love, love, love them.
And I have no problem getting in. I do not know of that program. I know of a program from Yahoo called Picassa that lets you do neat things to pictures as far as black & white and color go.
I agree with you about the daily massage. I have one scheduled for next Wednesday. I am using my last gift card. I really need an 80-minute, but this will be a regular one because that is what the card is for.
If money were no object, I would have a trainer kicking my aras into shape every single day. Then I would have a massage after that. Every. single. day. And I would also have weekly facials.
Oh Schnookie, sugar/maple syrup pie is just so good. You can only eat so much of it, though and you really do need a cup of coffee (no sugar) with it. And you really have to scrape your teeth afterwards. :D I would name that my favourite pie, tied with butterscotch.
I have no trouble viewing your blog, MM.
With unlimited funds, I would get my nails (feet and hands) done a lot. I have weird nails and I can never make them look normal.
How cute are your mom and DS?!?!!?
I like apple crisp much better than apple pie. Mmmm...I may need to make one soon.
If I had unlimited funds....I don't know what I'd do. I wouldn't work, I do know that. There would be a maid, a chef, and a errand-runner.
And keep posting pics! I love them!
Never too many pics for me. I love pics! Your blog takes about 2 seconds longer to load than most others, but that is no big deal. (For some reason, Bob's blog is the slowest one I visit.)
It's more fun to dress up! Your son looks so dashing, and mom looks pretty hot too. I have a perfect Renaissance dress but I've only worn it a few times. It has a lace-up bodice. :)
I love massages but I get excellent massages with benefits from Tom. So I guess I would say a personal trainer. I need to get whipped into shape and I really liked the physical therapist who came to the house for a couple of weeks after my knee surgery.
Mostly though - I would have a chef so that I never had to shop for groceries again. I hate that! And chef's always buy their own stuff to cook, even if it's on your budget, right?
Love your pictures!
I think the Canadian national pie is Moose Pie.
Your mom looks so young and beautiful. I can see where you get your hotness from. :-)
I'm sorry, but for undisclosable reasons, your post sent me into giggle fits. I wish I could tell you why.
I am rather blase about apple pie.
Your pics don't bother me or my computer.
I want a massage every day! Just a quick 30 minute one would be great, concentrating on my neck and feet.
I love apple pie and pecan pie. Apple is my favorite, I think.
Love to see all the pictures on your blog. As with everybody else, the only thing wrong with your blog is that it can't be viewed well in Firefox or Safari ( often used by Mac owners). Also, it's wide, which isn't a problem for me, but is a problem for peeps with older monitors.
Your mom and DS look great!
I can't think of anything I'd want every day that MONEY could buy me. Nothing in particular. I guess I'd love to have a crew of people to clean my house and care for the yard, and I'd love not to have to work every day, but then again, I've NEVER had a professional massage, so maybe I should try one and see if I'd feel the same way. :)
Nookie, Mimi's Cafe has a really good pecan pie! It's small (personal sized and has chocolate chips in it). A hair person would be good, I hadn't thought of that...
I bet the program is in paint. I looked, but couldn't find it there. I'll look again and mess around with it. I've heard of Picassa, too.
Boo, I knew a trainer would be a popular choice, too!
Seana, would you get acrylic nails or just manicures and pedicures? I could see wanting that done a lot, too.
Swami, wouldn't it be nice to have someone cook for us? All healthy stuff that tastes good...no wonder movie stars look so good.
*snort* @ Moose pie!
Kim, no fair! What's so funny? *squinty eyes* I'm with you on the neck and feet. :)
MTW, you'd love massage I bet, especially with all the sports you play, I bet you could use it. :)
I only have trouble viewing when I open it in Firefox.
I love strawberry rhubarb pie with ice cream, and pumpkin pie with whipped cream. Oh, and Lemon Meringue, with a really big meringue.
As far as what I would like everyday, I would say a driver, and a hair stylist.
Firefox, yep.
Your mom and son look great! I just got an email that I should forward to you. Lots of pretty tree pictures.
If money was no object, I would have a personal trainer and do lots of drugs.
First of all, keep posting pictures. Second, I'm surprised that your son, at his age, consented to go in a costume. They look great!
I like Dutch apple (is it the same as French apple) pie, too. Love those crumbs on top! I have never heard of sugar pie.
Let's all chip in and get MTW a massage for his next birthday!
Yes, MTW definitely needs to try a massage!
*giggle* I'm sworn to secrecy, MM. :-)
I don't think there is such a thing as too many pictures. I love pictures. :)
I love their costumes! (I probably would have been embarrassed by it, too. *grin*)
I don't eat pie very often. Apple is certainly not a favorite, but it's ok. I love pumpkin pie and pecan pie. Seana- Butterscotch pie?? I've never heard of such a thing but it sounds awesome!
I would want a personal chef (who would also do the grocery shopping) and a maid. I don't like massages. Strangers touching me? no thanks!
How did you sleep? *besa*
The pics don't bother me.
I may or may not have dressed in costume whenever I went to the Ren. Faire. I'm not saying.
*glares at Weltek*
Okay, Pecan Pie with chocolate chips in it is all wrong. Just wrong!
I thought sugar pie was what you did with left over pie crust. Spread the crust with butter, sprinkle on some brown sugar (and cinnamon if you're lucky) then stick it in the hot oven with the pie and cook until the butter melts & the sugar bubbles up. It's way good!
Pecan pie is the best. We should make that Canada's pie.
OK, now I have a song stuck in my head:
Sugarpie honeybunch
You know that I love you
I can't help myself
I love you and nobody else
In and out my life
You come and you go
Leaving just your picture behind
And I kissed it a thousand times
I need backup dancers. Anybody?
doo whop, doo whop
*waves hands back and forth and shakes hips*
Wooohooo! Look at DF shakin' it! ;-)
Post a Comment