Umm, there's no rule about being constantly depressing in blogland is there? Because I want to stick around, but this is getting ridiculous. So...DB has been in Tahoe since Saturday night, but called my mom today and basically asked if he and his new bride could live with my parents while they "save money". They had rented a place out in the country already that was a fantastic (almost unheard of) deal, but they are letting it go now. Am I wrong to be pissed that they want to mooch off my parents? Ugh. This whole thing makes me sick, and it makes me sicker because I HATE being judgmental. So it goes against everything in me to be mad at him for something that is *his right* to do. Of course, my parents have the "right" to say no to him, too. But how likely is that? I'll let you know later in the day when I find out...
And since I'm here ranting *grin* I'll just get it all out now. Another thing I hate? I hate parents who can not and will not accept that their children are flawed. I hate it when the parents are passive aggressive, but completely slink away when you invite them to have an adult conversation. Taking your child's side is a wonderful thing, when warranted, but frankly, it's not always the right thing to do. And before you do it, perhaps trying a tiny bit to make sure you have facts straight would be helpful?
This all comes from a mom who let her daughter miss the promotion party because she insisted she had been "uninvited". When I provided proof that she had NOT been uninvited (and in fact, encouraged to come) she glossed over it (well, completely ignored it, actually) and tried to hint that it was some other reason that was everyone else's fault, and not her precious Maddi's. *groan* Poor kid. I finally wrote, " I am not sure what you are implying here, but as the adults, I prefer a direct approach. If you'd like to share more, feel free to do so." she has not responded. After hearing another mom talk about her, I guess this is her M.O. It's too bad because I really like her daughter a lot.
FTR, when I approached my DD with all this, I went into it completely undecided as to what her level of guilt was. I try really hard not to assume my children are above reproach. None of them are, IMO. Fortunately, Jess is a good girl and until now, had never been accused of anything like this, so it was not hard to understand what had happened. In the end, nobody was at fault except the girl's mother. She should have stepped up and taught her DD how to handle misunderstandings.
So a big fat F U to the mom who is socially retarding her brilliant child by not teaching her communication or coping skills. She'll probably be very successful when she grows up, but will she have any friends? *sigh*
P.S. Please forgive this entry for it's scatter-brained presentation. I've edited several times and even removed an entire tirade about people who are judgmental and gossip. Maybe another day...nah, who needs more of that right now?
P.S.S. How about I share a couple of pics to make my blog not so "blah" right now...
I love this one of Jess, taken after she read whatever my dad wrote in her graduation card.

Finally, the promotion swim party. Some of the kids are hiding in the hot tub and not pictured. There were not many kids there, but chaperoning pre-teens was a hard job! Oh, and notice the ground all wet? That's because my DB overfilled the pool that morning, *snort*!





13 comments:
If your parents let your brother and his new wife stay there, they will be socially retarding him. *grin*
Nutz <--- putting it all together for you
I find it sad that people don't teach their children communication skills. Because you are correct, they can end up successful but with no friends. And I find that to be irresponsible. *shrug*
Love the pics. How nice of brother to get the kids the gift cards. Hopefully they will still be valid in a few years when they start to drink coffee. *snicker*
I understand your frustrations. I'm not a big believer in children living with their parents once they are grown. Unless they are going to be homeless, I don't think children should move back home once they are out. But that's just me. *shrug*
*smooch*
I don't care what you post, as long as you post. :)
Can I move into your parents house, too? I could really use some time to save money. *grin*
Jess is beautiful, just like her mom!
*besa*
I find it odd that your brother didn't tell your parents that he was eloping, but has no problem asking to live with them.
I agree that parents should teach their children to communicate and handle conflict directly and properly. I guess that's hard if the parent doesn't know how to do that him/herself.
Great photos! That pool is beautiful!
Wow. Just wow.
Michael's nephew and his girlfriend moved into my BIL's house for over a year to try to "save some money." They had a daughter who lived there too. And there were more nights than not that the parents were left to child duty while nephew/gf went out.
I agree with you and with Carey on this one.
Upon further review, I agree with Nutz, Jen and Frodis too.
And Jess is a doll. She looks very grown up in these pics.
Maybe DB could ask your PARENTS to move to the little place out in the country while he and GF, oops - DW, live in the house. After all, he has young kids that live with him sometimes too, no?
Plus, that would really be the icing on the cake for *NERVE*
Oh, and I agree with Jen! :) Jess is a gorgeous girl!
I agree with everybody. I'm so agreeable today.
Oh, the drama continues. Frankly, I'm too tired to get into it anymore right now. Suffice it to say, DB is a Asshat for the time being.
Thanks for the comments everyone. And I passed a few on to Jess too. She was all embarrassed (but pleased) after that. :)
I want a pool. Sigh.
I can't believe peeps that get married ask to live with their parents. Should've done that BEFORE getting married, IMHO. Cripes.
Weird abotu the kid and the party. I don't understand people.
Is that your backyard? I'd pay my kids for the Starbucks cards and use them myself. Your daughter is lovely. What a great smile!
No Puff, it's my parent's house. On the upside, I don't have to worry about pool maintenance. :)
Post a Comment