Wednesday, June 20, 2007

The Plastics

Remember Mean Girls? Remember The Plastics? Well, I? I am going out with some "plastics" on Friday night. I am not at all sure about it, but at least I have a few of my friends going with me. We're going to some ritzy club place and I think I know what I'm wearing, but need your input. So far, I have some black Bermuda shorts (which are cuffed and seem dressy), a gold(ish) tank and a black short sleeved fitted blazer. And black high heels. I am clueless as to what color jewelry to pair with this outfit. Also, is that dressy enough? I don't want to wear slacks or a skirt, and I'm not fond of capris on me. My SIL will be wearing a leopard print spandex dress and I have no idea what her friends will be wearing. I'm guessing the kind of clothes you see in nightclubs. There will obviously be two different "types" at this thing. Most these girls are size "0" and have implants. And honestly, there is nothing wrong with that...but the whole nightclub scene... ? not for me, or my friends. But this was put together as SIL's Bachelorette party and she didn't want to cancel so now it's just a girls night out, I guess.

I went to Target (and Kohl's, and Mervyn's and Famous Footwear) tonight to get some new shoes for it. The heels I love are too big for me and it's annoying to walk in them. I did see jewelry that looked promising though, there was some colored stuff with gold accents, and thought maybe I needed a big splash of color. What do you think? What color would pick? I thought the purple (plum) colors were pretty with the gold.

P.S. to Jen, I added the two other pics. The "smiling" one of me will be removed shortly. And after looking at it again, I guess it's not a huge smile or anything, but I hate the cheeky look. *sigh* (it's the picture with another Jenn)

P.S.S. Whenever I go to dictionary.com and type a word in, the first ad on the page says, "are you stupid?". I feel insecure every single time I see it, as if it's trying to tell me I spelled the word wrong. MM <--idiot?

11 comments:

kim (weltek) said...

Hm, tough call on what to wear. A dress or skirt would be my first choice, but since that's out, I think your dressy bermuda shorts are fine. As long as your shirt looks a little hoochie, you'll be fine. :-)

If you are anything like me, I always feel I'm dressed quite inadequately at these types of things with "plastics" surrounding me.

Swami said...

And your shirt will be unbuttoned down to 'here', right?

mtw said...

It would help if you dressed in the outfit you're planning to wear, then posted some pics for us! ;-)

I'll be glad to offer my unbiased opinion as to whether you look "hoochie" enough. :)

MM said...

Kim, I'm going to see if I can find a good skirt tonight. I'm not sure about the shirt being hoochie though. I have no doubt I'll feel inadequate, lol!

Swami, *moves hand lower* yes, right about there! ;-)

MTW, great idea! Hold on while I do that...

Anonymous said...

I didn't see Mean Girls. And I'm not quite sure I know what "Plastics" are. I'd go to dictionary.com, but I already feel stupid. :)

Jen said...

I think the bermuda shorts sound cute! They're very in style right now, so I think that is a good choice.
I don't wear jewelry, so I don't feel qualified to give an opinion. At least, not without pics. *grin*

You're insane. That isn't a smile! But it does make your cheekbones look great. I don't get you sometimes. LOL. (Thanks for putting it up though.)

*besa*

Puffy said...

Sounds like a darling outfit that suits you!

~Nutz said...

So basically, she wanted to ditch the having of an actual wedding, but still have all of the fun stuff leading up to the wedding.

Don't be surprised if they wind up having an actual wedding with guests (so they can get presents) later on down the line.

Personally, I could never stand to hang around people like that. I'm not fancy that way.

Bravie said...

I am not one to give fashion advice. AT ALL.

kim (weltek) said...

*giggle* Nutz said fancy.

Sonya said...

Great pics!