My day started with me preparing for my night out with the girls (and plastics). I had to return some shoes I bought because when I got them home, I realized that they were defective. One shoe had toe cleavage and the other did not.
Which begs the question: toe cleavage, yes or no? I think not.
So I drove all the way back to the store (which took me 30 minutes each way) and got the last pair they had. Fortunately, they were good. :)
That evening, I curled my hair and got ready. I had bought new jewelry to wear and was almost excited about going. My brother had called me at one point and asked if I could maybe drive his wife to the place, since he was going to bring the guys and meet up with us later. I called them right before it was time to go but did not get an answer. Finally, my mom called me and said that my brother's friend Clint had been waiting at the house for 40 minutes to get my DB, but he finally told him to just go on his own. Something was up. *sigh*
My friends and I decided to just head to the restaurant because we knew there were reservations there, and did not want to stand up Cheryl's friends, even though we are not at all close with them. We were there at 8:30. By 9:30, we decided to go sit down and start without the "bachelorette". The guys were calling us periodically for updates on my brothers whereabouts. They were all pretty pissed because they'd been waiting for him since 6:30.
We finally received word that the new married couple would be coming straight to the place the girls were at, and that the boys should meet him there. Half the guys just left, completely disgusted by the fact that they'd been dissed by their friend. Their wives (my friends) were also pretty pissed about it.
Cheryl's friends readily acknowledged that this was the type of stunt that she regularly pulls. Her reason for being so late was something between being upset about her uncle's death (a few weeks ago) to 'not feeling well'. I am not sure why my brother didn't just leave her high-maintenance ass at home, but whatever.
Most the women were fine and were just carrying on without the guest of honor, but at one point, my friend Jenn decided to go off on ME about my brother's rudeness. A couple friends were asking her to please stop it, and that it was inappropriate. I was beyond pissed and sat there across from her, avoiding eye contact, and not saying anything for a while. Finally she said to me that we needed to go "have a talk" and to please go with her. I shot back at her saying, "if you want to tell me what an asshole my brother is again, that's ok, I heard you the first time". She was shocked by that, as I don't usually get that snarky, but then she excused herself and went to the bathroom and cried.
Oh! And one of the bride's "friends" completely bashed her to me saying how she will leave my brother within a year because she is mental and cannot commit. She had lots to say about her, and it was all bad. I finally asked her to stop and said I wanted to form my own opinion about her.
So far, the evening sucked ass!
When the guys and my brother and Cheryl arrived, things got worse. One of the guys was fighting with his wife Ashley who was seated next to me and basically the only person I was talking to. She looked like she was going to cry the rest of the time. At some point, dinner was over and it was time to get to the 'Club' part of the place. To my surprise, most my friends wanted to go in and dance. They all had partners and were in pretty good moods by then. I'm sure the drinking helped. Since I was *not* drinking, I was the token party pooper, I guess. *shrug*
I have to admit, I'd never been to a place like this before. You have to check the link and look at the pictures of the place. I spent the evening in the place titled "decadent outdoor lounging". It's the last pic in the slideshow, I think. Anyhow, I was completely out of my comfort zone and wanted to leave. I sat there people watching for a long time, just playing with my cell phone. I met two men, one who was "looking for his soul mate". I asked him if he thought he was going to meet her there. *snort* It was ridiculous. The other guy was named Carmel, like the city, not the candy. He was wearing a lavender fedora, I believe.
At any rate, by about 1am I met up with my group. I'll add a pic of us. I did not realize I had my camera until the very end, and felt like an idiot. I would have loved to get a group shot of everyone. I would have loved to show you the former model who is now only 39 but because of all the work she's had, looks somewhere between 35-50. Very strange. And every single woman that was friends with Cheryl had fake boobs, lol! Is it really that common now?
I found out later that my brother was kicked out because he was wearing tennis shoes. He protested because his were black and other people there were wearing white tennis shoes. How sad for him. *smirk*
Then his wife stumbled and stepped into broken glass, so they spent the rest of the night in the ER. I saw her injury the next night and almost laughed. It was a scratch on her toe. Didn't even need a band-aid!
So that was my wonderful night. I eventually made up with Jennifer. In this pic, it's (from left to right) Krissi, Alex, me and Justin.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




14 comments:
Yikes!
Wow. What a mess that was.
Just curious, why didn't your DH go with?
Wow! Where does one start?
Okay, first, I thought this was a "bachelorette party", and I thought your DB's thing was a "bachelor party". Have the rules changed dramatically since I last attended one of these things? I thought the purpose was for the guys to go out with the guys and the girls to go out with the girls, and any members of the opposite sex that you met up with were supposed to be strangers?
Second, toe cleavage - indifferent. Maybe if I had a foot fetish I would have a stronger opinion.
Decadent outdoor lounging - were you lying down on one of the beds? Did the guy think *you* were his soulmate or did he want your help finding her? Is there a cheesier pick up line than that? How about "you must be exhausted because you've been running through my mind all night!"? (Did Carmel use THAT line?)
Finally, I love your hair in that pic!
You've had plenty of drama over the last few weeks!
My head was ready to explode just reading about all that! You are a better person than I. I would've left after the one girl started to berate your brother. Cripes.
And who fights with their SO in public like that? Weird. Sounds like a dysfunctional group...with fake boobs. :-)
*smooch* You look darling! And that restaurant/bar/club looks cool! I'm not into the club scene, but I'd hang there early in the night.
What exactly IS toe cleavage? I've heard the term, but don't know what it is.
I would totally have to exclude myself from any future events involving that group.
It's completely apparent to me that this "marriage" will end in heartbreak.
*agrees with Breezy*
Momma, DH is not close with my brother and was not invited to the dinner with them.
MTW, I guess in this case, the rules did change because they are married. The whole thing was unconventional.
As for the outdoor beds, we sat on one early in the night, but I stayed away after it got crowded.
Not sure what the guy was asking exactly. If it was a line, it was definitely cheesy, though your other example was cheesier, IMO.
Kim, it's definitely a dysfunctional group. I seriously doubt I'll see them all again. Oh wait! My brother's MIL is having a wedding reception in two weeks, so maybe I'll have to see them all then. I'll try to get a pic. :)
And toe cleavage is when the lines on top your toes show. Like little lines/cracks all over. Gross, imo.
Nutz, unfortunately, it's already doing damage to my family. Nobody likes my brother the way he is now. They are incredibly selfish. I don't think either him or his wife married for the right reasons, and they still don't know each other well. *sigh*
I love your hair. It looks so long, silky and curly. Very cute how the edge of the table is digging into your oobies.
I would be furious with your bro and his wife. How freaking rude and inconsiderate! It would be bad enough to be 3 HOURS late to his own bachelor party, but to not even call and let people know what was going on? Inexcusable!
You live in CA, I thought everyone had fake boobs there. *grin*
LOL @ Puffy for noticing the boobs!
Jen, I guess in some parts of Cali they do, but not in my part of town. I forget about the rep we have here, though. ;-) I guess they're as common as car payments.
You're a better person than I am, MM. I think I would have just left after a couple of hours of no-show guests of honor and an all-round lousy time.
But you looked terrific and at least you got a new outfit out of the deal!
It's funny, Swami, because one of the reasons I stayed was because I kept thinking it would get better. I wanted to give things a chance to improve, lol.
Yup, I woulda left a looong time ago! Sounds like a crazy kind of party!
That sucks ass. Big time. *hugs*
Uh, wow.
I too don't know where to start.
*smooch*
Post a Comment