Monday, June 04, 2007

8 Randoms

Thanks for tagging me MTW! <--not a random

1. I saw a wild brown bear this weekend. It was rummaging for food on the side of a mountain road. I now realize my parents were always lying to me when they said bears don't come out during the day. It was 2:30pm.

2. On the same road, I saw a car accident. A truck drove off the road and went down a deep ravine. Fortunately, a large boulder stopped it from crashing into the river. Everyone appeared to be ok.

3. I spent the night in the most disgusting "lodge" I could ever imagine. The small town I went to was all booked up, and it was the only place left. My dad reserved it, so I felt obligated to stay there. I barely slept and could not even shower there. Nothing was newer than 35 years old. Plus I saw two spiders in the room. Even the "nicer" place is somewhere I would never have wanted to stay in, but our relatives house where we normally stay was hosting a wedding, and we assumed they'd be full.

4. My brothers fiance is what inspired the "rude comment" question in the last post. They were out to dinner and the couple at the next table had a crying baby. The people were not doing anything to hush the baby, and I guess she kept looking over at them. The dad finally smiled and said, "sorry about the crying" and "Cheryl" said back, "it's ok, you're just ruining our dinner!". {insert gaping mouth} I actually understand how annoying it must have been, and I know she just lost a family member (the motorcycle rider I blogged about), but still, her comment was shocking and just plain rude. So many other ways to deal with it. What do you think?

5. These randoms are taking way longer than I expected.

6. The day after my cousin's wedding, she came back to her parents house to say goodbye before leaving for the honeymoon. Because the bride and groom had both "saved themselves" for marriage, there were some childish comments (made mostly by the bride's younger sister) involving how she was acting funny, (ok, walking funny) or whatever. By the time the bride came into the house, I had composed myself so as to act normal, and not make her feel uncomfortable. The first thing out of the newlywed's mouth? "Man, I got ATE last night!". Then she paused and added, "by mosquitoes". I have no idea if she knows how hard it was for me not to laugh. I just totally agreed with her and pretended not to notice how it could have been interpreted.

7. I got two mosquito bites at the wedding. :)

8. I wish this week was over already. Every day is going to be busy in preparation of my kids promotion from 6th grade. Might not be commenting much, but I will be reading!

5 comments:

Swami said...

*glides into blog on too-small skates*
*gives MM a big, wet garlicky smooch – with tongue!*
*skates off to next blog, giggling like a maniac*

Uh. I''ll be back to read later. I'm on a mission!

Schnookie said...

My boss just told me that his parents saw a bear with 3 cubs on their property this past weekend. I think they are coming closer to the houses because of the drought.

Your lodge story made me shudder and remember one time when I went camping in PEI. It was cold and rainy and my boyfriend got sick so we decided to rent a cabin rather than stay in the tent. There was something inside the wood chewing and I could literally hear it. I didn't sleep a wink and left the next day. *shudder*

Wow your brother's fiance was rude. There isn't anything you can do about a crying baby. I suppose the parents could have taken the baby into the bathroom or outside but I would never have said anything, especially anything as rude as what she said. Yikes. Now, when peeps bring their young kids into the restaurants and they spend the whole time kicking the seat, I then give them dirty looks and if they don't stop I say something.

mtw said...

I have two comments about the cousin. First of all, I'm having a hard time with her grammar. Did you point out that she got EATEN; not ATE?

Second, did she say how the sex was? :)

And is it me, or is your number 7 rather smutty?

*random smooch*

Jen said...

While it was very rude of your brother's fiance to make that comment, I think it was also rude of the parents to let their baby scream and make no attempts to quiet it. They may be used to the sound or able to drown it out, but that doesn't mean that everyone else in the restaurant should have to. But I agree, many different ways she could have handled it without that comment.

I hope you're around more after this week! *besa*

Bravie said...

What Jen said.
And ick just ick ick ick on your number three. Ick.