Friday, August 19, 2005

Out of the house....

At least for a little while anyways. Tonight I met a friend for dinner. She has been my best friend since I was around 15, and she was 12. We lived 5 hours apart, but we managed to get our moms to drive eachother halfway so that we could spend a few days with eachother. As we have grown up, gotten married and had children, we have grown apart a little bit, being busy with life, but we always find our way back to eachother.

She is 7 months pregnant and I wanted to see her before the baby was born, so tonight I drove to her house and we went to dinner. She only lives about 40 minutes away now, so it is sad that so much time goes by between visits. Her husband kept their 2 year old son so we could be childless. It was fantastic! I think I enjoyed the drive just as much as being with her. I loved driving alone, listening to my music with no interuptions. I am definitely going to do it again soon.

2 comments:

Chrissy (woe) said...

There is some saying about new friends being silver and old friends being gold (although I forget the rest of it), I find it to be true. I love new friends but treasure the old, the ones that I may not see or talk to for a year or more but when I do, we pick up where we left off as if it were only yesterday. You are so blessed, too.

I'm glad you could get away, I know you've been needing that, and that you had a good time with an old friend :D

*smooch* Chris

Syren said...

I love to drive by myself. It gives me time to just enjoy it. No talking, just the radio, me and my thoughts.

*spank*