Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Things that bug me. A lot.

Guess I'm in an irritable mood, because this is all I could think of to blog about.

1. DH, calling around noon to announce he is coming home because he "does not feel well". He then naps.

2. DH, calling me a couple hours later, (while I'm at parents house with kids swimming) to tell me he is going to his golf lesson.

3. DH, after coming home, saying he is going out to get food.

4. DH, handing the remote over to me because he "doesn't feel up to holding it". WTF?

So is he sick or not? *boggle*

In other news, my brother has finally figured out that his wife has Borderline Personality Disorder and cannot cope with it. I have no idea if it will stick this time or not. *crosses fingers*

Also, I'm seriously considering cutting a friend off. She is draining me and I'm constantly on eggshells with her, never knowing whether I'm in trouble for not calling her enough, not flattering her enough, and never being there enough for her. I've been asked over and over what I get out of that friendship and the only answer I have is "other friends". She is kinda the ring-leader for a large group that I've enjoyed getting to know. She is the one I've blogged about before (Jenn) who crank called me a few months back. She almost ruined my girls weekend a couple weeks ago. I have tried to stay friends with her partly because I sincerely believe she has a medical condition that makes her unstable and irrational. She has not confirmed that exactly but many of her friends have come to the same conclusion after knowing her for so long. For some reason, I'm someone she feels okay lashing out at, despite not doing it to all her friends. Maybe it IS me. I hate always asking myself if I'm doing something wrong with her.

Sorry for the pessimistic post, guys. Is anyone else out there being bugged by anything? Is this mood going around or something?

20 comments:

Breezy said...

Just the normal jgnat bugging me. *grin*

Bravie said...

Nothing new bothering me lately. Just the same ole same ole. It's usually Breezy who is bothering me and annoying me, so that's old news. *grin*

Breezy said...

*kick*

Swami said...

Tom always sleeps when he doesn't feel well. He would go to a scheduled lesson if he felt a bit better after his nap, even if he was still mostly sick.

But Tom is not allowed to hold the remote. I don't care how sick or well he is - the remote is mine!

Pessimistic thoughts seem to multiply - when you have one more always try to crowd in.

Aislinn Sirk said...

Ditch the friend.


Bob <--- doen't like people who make her anxious.

kim (weltek) said...

Sounds like those are all rational iritants. I agree with Bob...ditch the friend. I'm shallow like that.

Mr. Mouth must be sick if he handed over the remote.

My inept coworkers are bothering me. B can't connect her thoughts to save her life. We did a dry run of a presentation and she was all over the map and couldn't effing mouse around our website.

mtw said...

zipperhead bugs me. Nothing much else though.

*smooch*

kim (weltek) said...

It will also bug MTW when he realizes I've taken all his candy.

Anonymous said...

It's really starting to bug me that I haven't won the darn lottery yet.

About the friend, how would you dump her?

MM said...

Great question, Boo. I have no idea. I'd prefer not to completely burn the bridge, but I don't know what to do. I may just wait until the next attack (by her) and catch her off guard by agreeing with her and saying that since I'm such a bad friend, I'll just leave her alone. What do you think?

Aislinn Sirk said...

" saying that since I'm such a bad friend, I'll just leave her alone. What do you think? "

Honestly (don't you hate it when people say that? No-one says anything good after that) I think that sounds a little passive aggresive and slightly over reacting. You aren't a bad friend. She is too demanding and really, really seems to like yanking your chain. That sort of response is playing her game (in my opinion) amd I think she's better at that game than you are (because you don't get off on playing emotional yo-yo with people).

My suggestions.

Next time she goes on about how you are such a bad friend, say something pretty neutral, but still definate.

ie "You know, you tell me quite a bit that I'm a bad friend."
STOP and wait for a reply.

"I don't like feeling like a bad friend and I really don't like feeling like nothing I do is good enough for you"
STOP and wait for reply.

Or
"I don't think I can help you with that. Last time it didn't seem to work out to your satisfaction and I didn't like that feeling."

Anonymous said...

I typed a reply, but it's not here.

I would just ditto Bob's responses.

mtw said...

FWIW, I prefer friends who make me feel BETTER about myself, not friends who make me feel inadequate.

I also prefer friends who don't steal your candy, especially when you would have given them all they needed or wanted if they had just asked instead of raiding your stash while you weren't looking.

*glares East*
*and North*

kim (weltek) said...

*shifts eyes upwards and whistles innocently*

MM said...

Yeah, you're right Bob. It was definitely passive aggresive of me to suggest that. *sigh*

I guess the main point is that I want to exit *while* she is putting me down, so she knows it was HER own doing. I like your ideas better, though.

*notices candy peaking out of Kim's bag*

Bravie said...

Is this where I should complain about the fact taht Breezy is bugging me even more than usual today? *grin*

kim (weltek) said...

She IS rather punchy today.

Breezy said...

*huff* you two are off my Christmas list.

Bravie said...

Whiner!!!

MM said...

*dodges girl fight*
*but trips bravie on the way out*