Thursday, December 21, 2006

Whoa! Another update! :P

Hey! They're out of Beta! Did you see that same message when you came to your blog? Yay!

Coupla things to say here;

First, I know I said I needed a break from my blog, and I did/do. The thing is, for me, saying, "I am on a break" makes me feel released from any self-inflicted pressure I feel to update. Things at home are about the same, so I may or may not be updating often, again. Unless something really cool and exciting happens. ;-)

Right now, I am focusing on myself. I have been trying to exercise, drink more water, take better care of my skin and hair (and damnit my nails too, until I broke one yesterday. The only upside is that it was my middle finger, so at least I got the joy of showing everyone. *grin*). I know that sounds really selfish, but it's keeping my mind occupied for now.

I finally requested a new psychiatrist, but have not heard back from them. They wanted to know why I wanted to switch, and it was hard to explain. I felt awful saying I just didn't feel comfortable with the current doctor. I still don't know why I am going... it seems the biggest question I always have is, "is this normal?" when referring to my feelings about things. How can someone tell me if I am normal? {*smirk* go ahead and make jokes, I made it easy}

One thing I want to know is, can we change our feeling about people? If we don't like someone, but we *want* to, can that be changed? Can we make ourselves think someone is funny? Or smart? Or attractive? *sigh* If I get these answers, I'll report back to you, lol!

In the meantime, my children are now home for two weeks. Wish me luck, prozac and rum, please.

Everyone have a great and safe weekend!!

14 comments:

Zombs said...

OMG! I got in!

OK it took no time and it did not crash! I noticed you have a section called "pictures" on the front of your blog. Everything is all "x's" on my screen. Is that for everyone or is that what was giving me trouble?

OK now on to your post....

*ignores MM*

Zombs said...

Yay I can post also!

You were on a break? I am glad you are back.

My nails are crap.

I hope everything works out for you with a new doctor. YOu should never feel bad asking for a new one. It is your right.

AS far as normal I don't know. How does one define that?

I know I am scared to look out a window at night for the fear that Bigfoot will be looking back. Even though I am in the suburbs.

Anonymous said...

*smooch*

I agree with zombs about the doctor. And I too don't really know how you define normal.

You can probably learn to like some people. I guess the biggest key in that is accepting who they are and living with it.

Schnookie said...

*HUGS* Never feel bad about wanting to change your doctor.

I suppose it is possible to learn to like someone. Depends on the initial reason for not liking them.

mtw said...

LOL @ Zombs talking about defining NORMAL!

That's really all I have to say. I'm glad you suck at taking breaks. Yes, you have the right (and obligation to yourself) only to post when it feels right to you; without feeling *pressure* because, hey, this is supposed to be FUN. But frankly, it wouldn't be the same in this little group of friends without you. I, for one, would miss you terribly if you completely disappeared.

*smooch*

Lasann said...

Normal, maybe, is what you are when you feel calm, settled, at peace.

Oh, what would I know?

Have a happy holiday!

Bravie said...

I have trouble learning to like people. I either like them or I do not. I'm so stubborn that usually it's impossible for me to like someone once I do not like them.

Merry Christmas. *smooch*

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

Good luck with the kids at home! I've managed not to be at home much with my part time job, pawning the kids off at my brothers! They'd be bored with me at home probably!
However, I'll take them to the AZ Science Center on day next week, so that will be fun!

Swami said...

I am the poster child for Normal.

I don't think you can make yourself like people but you can make an executive decision to just ignore your dislike and carry on.

Puffy said...

I don't think it's normal to feel calm, settled, and at peace. There are always situations and problems arising. I want no worries, but I don't think I'll ever get that. It's none of their business why you want a new psych; if you want one, you should get one. Oooh, maybe they wanted to know if he made sexual advances...

Merry Christmas!!

Seana said...

Merry Christmas, MM!

*hugs* and *smooches*

Swami said...

Merry Christmas, MM!

(I'm following Seana around.)

Bravie said...

Merry Christmas, Tab.

kim (weltek) said...

Merry Christmas! I hope you had a good day, despite the stress.