(and really, I'm embarrassed that I went looking online before coming to you guys first...)
1. I need some really good hair care stuff. I have shampoo I like, but I need some good conditioner. Last week, I dyed my hair. It's a dark brown. I used the temporary kind because I am scared of damaging my hair and was told the the semi-permanent dye was gentler. Now, I want to condition the carp out of it to keep it soft and shiny.
What do you recommend?
2. Do I have to wash my eye makeup off every night? I'm doing really good with the rest of my face, but have a hard time wanting to attack my eyes. What difference does make if I leave a little mascara on until I shower in the morning?
Thursday, December 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




12 comments:
Hmmmmmmm why not give your hair a V05 Hot Oil Treatment?
I get lazy and don't always wash the mascara off but then I look like a racoon in the morning. I sometimes think I really need to wash it off every night just in case a tornadoe comes through my area and I have to be interviewed on tv in the middle of the night. :-)
And, L'Oreal has a shampoo and conditioner called Vive. It's formulated for colored or highlighted hair.
I spent decades not washing off mascara at night. It makes no difference if you wait until morning and it is so much easier to wash it off in the shower.
No real products to recommend on the hair thing. Use a "for color treated hair" conditioner and leave it on your head for at least a few minutes. The little conditioner thingie that comes with the home hair dye kits (at least the ones I used to use) is just fabulous. I don't know why they don't sell it in big bottles, but they don't. I always tried to squeeze 2 or 3 uses out of the little bottle.
Yeah. What Nookie said.
Nutz <--- totally not into the whole hair & makeup thing
I've tried the V05 stuff before, but not recently. I'll get some of that. I think you are only supposed to use it once a week? Anyhow, maybe I should go into a salon and get something for colored hair there?
Ok, I'm relieved I won't get wrinkled from not removing the mascara (that's what you're saying, right?). I kinda like the smudged makeup in the morning look. :)
Why pay a fortune for salon stuff? Go to a pharmacy and try L'Oreal or Pantene.
And yes, I believe the V05 stuff is a once a week thing. I haven't used it in the longest time. I should get some also.
Good point. I bet it's all the same, anyways. I read that Dove has a good conditioner too. Hmmm.
Pantene has always been a favorite of mine, and they have some stuff made for brunettes, too. I think I'll try that one.
Just make sure that the conditioner you buy is for color treated hair. That's the important thing. I have tried every conditoner on earth and unfortunatley because my hair is so thick, it's hard to get a smooth finish to it. But since I started using the color treated stuff, it has gotten better. I use some stuff that I get at the salon. I forget the name. American something or other.
I don't wear makeup to go to work so I don't have to deal with eye makeup daily. But otherwise, I don't usually wash it off. Michelle does though because she breaks out on her face and her eyes puff up badly when she doesn't remove it. She ended up having her eyeliner tattooed on because of that.
Neutrogena used to make something that you used for the first two weeks after getting a perm or coloring your hair.
I have been using some kind of Pantene stuff for the past month or so. I love it. It smells wonderful. But my hairdresser apparently thinks it's crap.
Also John Freida makes a line called Brilliant Brunette. I think there's some for really dark hair. I love this line - I only switched to the Pantene to give my hair a break.
And the V05 stuff is good as well.
And the L'Oreal stuff is good too. I have a body building spray from them that's good, and it smells terrific.
L'Oreal also makes an eye make-up remover. It's in a little blue bottle with a white cap. It's very gentle. I tried to wash all of my make-up off before going to bed. Is it a pain, yes. I just hate waking up with that "haggard" look. And I also hate it rubbing off on my white pillowcases.
Lazy as I am, I don't even wash my face at night, but I don't really wear much make-up. Just some eye liner, mascara & a little blush is all it takes!
As a teen I used to use straight alcohol to clean my face (not the eyes) so that cleaned the dirt well! Somehow I still manage to have great skin! It's the daily Oil of Olay!
Maybe you'll get more wrinkles if you wash off the mascara, because you're rubbing the eye area more often.
The only part of the mascara I'd be concerned about is it flaking off into your eyes at night. You should get some of those pre-moistened eye makeup remover pads. I don't recall who makes them.
I love Pantene Ice Shine conditioner. I'm also a fan of the Vive line and almost anything Pantene. I also echo the love of John Frieda's Brilliant Brunette stuff. I, however, wasn't a fan of any Dove conditioners.
Good for you for taking care of your hair and skin.
Post a Comment