Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Favorite new thing



My brother got me a Vintage 1985 Cabbage Patch Doll. :) He got it at the Antique mall. I was very touched. Not sure if I should open it or not. I'm hoping she still has that smell they all had.

Funny how a thoughtful, sentimental gift is worth so much more than something more costly.

So, what's your favorite new thing?

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is her name? I had one back in 1985, but I can't remember her name.

I can't decide on a favorite new thing yet. I'm pretty psyched about my Red Door Spa gift cards though.

kim (weltek) said...

I was going to ask the same thing, Boo! I think I lost the birth certificates to mine. I had Ellen Pamela, Quinby Hilda and Perry Joshua.

My friend got the astronaut one & I was quite jealous.

Bravie said...

We were just discussing cabbage patch dolls this weekend. Neither Michelle nor myself ever had one and thought about buying one for ourselves. *giggle*

arkie said...

I had one. Her name was Freda Gillian. I wanted Freda Johanna, but Mom wouldn't buy it for me because she said I was too old for a doll. So what if I was 16! She had my name! (except for the "hanna" part)

kim (weltek) said...

Is that legal, carey?

Swami said...

I always thought Cabbage Patch dolls were weird.

My favorite new thing is a frog wall sculpture (for the porch). Tom's is his weather station.

Debcapsfan said...

My cousin threatened to boil mine and my sister's when were little. I cried.

Puffy said...

Boiled Cabbage Patch Doll tastes very good on St. Patrick's Day, Deb.

mm said...

Her name is Merla Carlota. It's funny to me when I hear you all remembering the names of yours. When I first got mine as a kid, I *always* changed their names.

I have a funny (mean) story about a cabbage patch doll from when I was a kid. Maybe I'll share it later.

kim (weltek) said...

Change their names? I think you should have to fill out legal paperwork for that.

LOL at boiled Cabbage Patch Kids!

Zombs said...

That is very thoughtful. I never had one. I never wanted one. I was not into dolls for some reason. Except when I was very little around 4 and I had Baby So Alive that ate and pooped.

Sort of foreshadowing on my life now.

Puffy said...

LOL at Zombs!

Anonymous said...

LOL at Zombs.

I have been trying all night and morning to remember my fricking doll's name. I know I hated it, but I wouldn't change it.

I also remember wanting a bald boy doll, but I ended up with the girl doll. Hmmm, I did get the bald husband though.

Anonymous said...

*whacks MM*

Do you know how hard I've been thinking of that damn doll's name?

I want to say Roberta was one of the names. It had an "R" name.

Bravie said...

I loved Baby Alive. But you had to be careful to remember to put a diaper on it.

Bravie said...

I have a stuffed alligator that I could send you.
*runs*

Monstah said...

Hello MM. What a thoughtful gift from your brother. And also, I should mention I love the slide show pictures on your blog.

For the most part, the adults in our family (both my family and the in laws) get charity donations made in our name. Usually, Mr Monstah and I give a gift from heiffer.org to eachother but this year he surprised me. He gave the gift of warmth (heat) to a family in need this winter. They have two small children so I was really happy. I guess that was my favorite gift...that and watching my son walk around in his dinosaur pajamas.

mm said...

LOL @ kim for needing legal paperwork to change names! *worries that names weren't legal*


Zombs, did the Baby So Alive prepare you adequately??

*squinty eyes at Carey*
*wonders if alligators on nature trail could be stuffed*

Sorry Boo. I would have changed the name had it been Roberta. *grin*

Hi monsty! Thanks (about the pics)!

I love what you do for gifts...isn't it true that nothing feels as good as giving, especially to someone who needs it more? *smooch*