Monday, December 11, 2006

Can I update while on a break? *head tilt*

What the heck, here I go....

Okaaay, so, where shall I start? It's hard not to make a list *waves to Boo* of all the sucky things in life right now, so in an effort to be upbeat, I am going to instead, make a list of the *good* things in life right now.

Here goes;

1. Ok, here's something: I went out with a GF that I had missed, recently. She was a breath of fresh air, after dealing with another friend who would have made the *other* list, had I decided to make it.

2. I have lots of good drugs. I realized tonight after stabbing my tooth with a sharp piece of ice, that I need to go the dentist (ok, I already knew it). I have been clocking the pain much like a woman in labor times her contractions. I have no idea why I'm doing this, considering it means nothing. Since 4pm today, I have taken some Tylenol with codeine, Vicodin, and lots of motrin. 11 pills in all, I think. *begins to levitate*

3. I have saved a lot of money recently because when I go shopping, I keep coming to the conclusion that nothing in my cart seems to be worth waiting in the long lines, for.

4. Ack, my mind keeps going to the sucky things....*trying to get back on track*

5. I know! I do not carry a concealed weapon. Trust me, this is a good thing. ;-)

6. I think I need new boots. This is good because usually when I buy boots, I don't need them. Right now I have 4 pairs of black boots, and the Skechers seem to be breaking apart at the heel. When I take big steps, I can feel the heel 'give a little' too much. Now I get to go out shoe shopping! :)

7. I have rediscovered the nature trail I love to walk, and have decided I can do it alone. I used to be too skeered to walk by myself, but now I find it relaxing. If it's not raining, I'll try to walk it several times a week, at least.

8. ::TAR SPOILER::

The boys won! Or more accurately, Alabama didn't! Yay! I realized that as awful as Rob and Kim were to listen to, the reason I didn't dislike them nearly as much as I disliked Alabama, was because their nastiness was mostly directed at each other, and they otherwise seemed to have a decent attitude. Guess I just didn't see anything like that in 'Bama. Tyler and James had a great edit, and I think they may be as nice as they were portrayed. I was happy they won.

Do you have anything for a Happy List?

13 comments:

Aislinn Sirk said...

1)Dilbert make me laugh today.

2) I have a clean house and I did nothing towards making it happen. I love my househusband and my dishwasher and my scuba.

3)I have a red rose with a sticky note with a heart on it on my desk that makes me smile and my husband doesn't mind that it wasn't from him.

Swami said...

I had to make a trip to the dreaded WalMart because my Xmas tree lights (after 10 years) had too many burned out bulbs that couldn't be replaced.

Anyway, I was at WalMart because everywhere else I tried was totally out of the kind of lights I wanted.

WalMart had 3 packages of what I wanted. I picked up two and another woman picked up one while I was putting the 2 in my cart. Turns out, that was all the store had left.

Two wasn't enough for me - I wanted three strings. So the lovely woman gave her string to me because I was there first! Yes, a total stranger was nice to me in the Walmart!!!! It almost makes you want to like people again.

Jen said...

I need new boots, too. Or actually, just boots period because I don't have any now. But that is not a positive for me because I hate shopping.

I was happy that they won TAR. I liked them.

Be careful with those pills, sweetie.

*besa*

mtw said...

1. So, is the GF cute?
2. Made me think of the Rolling Stones "Mother's Little Helper"
3. I have saved a lot of money recently because - oh wait! No, I haven't!
4. Funny, when my mind goes to the sucky things, it's always good. ;-)
5. Whew.
6. I am badly in need of new shoes and would love to go shoe shopping with you!
7. Just be wary of potential stalkers. ;-)
8. TAR - I was glad they won. Cared less about all these finalists than any previous set of finalists.

Bama pissed me off when one of them commented "that's some thinking!" as if they had planned it, when they *accidentally* ended up getting a flight to Orly airport.

MTW - NOT a stalker!

kim (weltek) said...

*smooch*

1) I was able to serve real grown up food at the wine party. While I love me some meatballs & nachos, it was nice to serve other noshes.

2) I have lots of B&BW coupons to use this week. Sure, they will mostly be used for gifts, but I'll sneak something for myself in there.

3) I still have a job despite my complete laziness.

Debcapsfan said...

1)I was in HD's apartment on Saturday.
2) Nyah, nyah, nyah.

~Nutz said...

Ummm... if you do #6, won't #3 happen? *grin*

Of course you can update when you're taking a break, silly! Your blog. Your roolz!

*smooch*

Anonymous said...

I am happy the boys won also. I was very nervous that Bama was going to win. Especially after watching Dave & Mary on The View. They really didn't mention Bama and they praised the Chos. I knew something was up.

I could use some new boots myself. My feet are hurting today. Mainly because I was on them all day yesterday. All day.

Swami said...

Lol at Deb.

mm said...

Bob, you made *me* laugh today, outloud. My DH even had to ask what was so funny. "Do you work for Verizon?" OMG! LMAO!

Swami, Yay for nice people!

Jen, you want me to come take you shoe shopping? Hold on, I gotta get some pills (fear or flying, you know). ;-)


MTW, I thought the same thing about Bama's comment. *rolls eyes*

Kim! Get yourself the Pink Buttercream Frosting hand cream. Then we can both smell like cake!

Has anyone seen Debs lately? *looks everywhere but doesn't see her*

Nutz, quit with the logic already, sheesh! *grin*


Boo, stay off your feet. It's easy. Watch: *sits at computer desk all day* See?

Jen said...

Yes, I do want you to come and take me shoe shopping. And bring the pills with you! *grin*

Debcapsfan said...

Nyah, nyah nyah.
:)

kim (weltek) said...

Update...I only snuck in some refills for my White Barn plug-in thingies (wallflowers I think they are called).

I'm hoping someone got me B&BW stuff for Christmas. If not, the post holiday sale will greet me with open arms.