Ok, ever since my Sephora wish list, I got the impression that most the bloggers here are not especially girlie, and into makeup and whatnot, but I want to blog about makeup damnit...so;
1. Liquid eyeliner. Have you tried it? I just started, and I only use it on my upper lid. It makes a thin smooth line, and looks better than the pencil, IMO. I haven't dared to use it on my lower lids yet, because I can't figure out how to get the eyelashes out of the way.
2. I recently noticed that when I get out of the shower (other times too, but especially at this time) my cheeks are naturally very pink. Since I do my makeup right after the shower, I noticed that my blush was nowhere near my natural color. It was more of a peach-ish tint, instead of my natural pink. I changed my blush, and I think it has made an improvement in the overall look. Did everyone else already know you were supposed to match the blush to your "natural" color, and if so, while in the store, how do you *see* your natural color?
3. Skin care - what is your regime? Wash daily? More than once? I have to buy the disposable wipes, because bending over the sink and splashing water all over my face is *not* appealing to me at all. It looks really refreshing in the commercials, but IRL, it's messy and cold. How often do you wash, and what do you use?
4. Wrinkle control - I will be *gulp* another year older soon, and now I am wondering if now is the time to think about wrinkles. Is there some magic cream that will help keep them at bay? What should I use?
and finally (un-makeup related)
5. Who here wears bathrobes? I? Was a bathrobe virgin. Other than using one when I get out of the hot tub at my mom's house, I never use them at all. But my mother just bought me one, and I must say, I can't imagine how I lived without one for this long. For me, it's like a blanket with the arms cut into it, that I don't have to hold onto as I walk around. It's black, and super soft, and not too thick (bathrobes can be so unflattering!). And I love petting the arms. So soft! I am in love with it. Am I late to the world of bathrobes?
Friday, December 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




15 comments:
Makeup? Yawn.
I want to pet your bathrobe. :-)
Makeup? Yawn. *grin*
I love bathrobes.
*pets bathrobe*
1. I wore it briefly years ago but I didn't like such a defined line. Pencil you can kind of smudge in and your upper & lower lids will always match.
2. Uh, yeah I knew that. My technique is to guess wrong and buy the wrong stuff 8X before I finally get the right shade.
3. I wash twice at least. Once in the morning shower, before I go to bed and usually a partial wash sometime in the late afternoon. I never put soap on my face. I rinse the face a long time in the shower & gently rub it well, especially around the eyes.
4. Look at your mother; as she wrinkles so will you.
5. Bathrobes are too hot.
Yay makeup!!!!
1. I tried liquid eyeliner once and did not like it. I like the self-sharpening soft pencil eyeliners. (Cover Girl in Espresso is my everyday shade.)
2. I have rosacea so my face is always very red (thank god for BM's) so I actually use a brownish shade and it covers up some of the redness. I have never tried to match blush to my natural shade. I hate my natural shade (the redness).
3. I wash my face with a cream cleanser in the shower in the morning and then again at night. I use eye-makeup remover before I wash my whole face (at night only, because obviously I don't have any eye-makeup on when I wake up in the morning.) I do the bend and splash at the sink. I don't find it cold, but yes, it can be a little messy sometimes.
4. I'm not worried about wrinkles yet. *grin*
5. I had a bathrobe when I was younger and I didn't like it. I like the big huge towels that you can wrap yourself up in.
*pets MM's bathrobe*
6. *besa*
You're such a girlie girl. *grin*
I'm not sure I'd try the liquid eye liner on my lower lid. You don't want to look like scary goth girl.
I don't wear blush, and I just Noxema in the shower. Ima is getting close to 60 and she has gorgeous glowing skin. I feel very blessed.
I guess at some point I'll start wearing makeup regularly, but for now I just save it for special ocassions.
1. I think I tried the liquid eyeliner years ago and didn't really like it much. But I put eyeliner on the outside of the eye - under the eyelashes. Hopefully this makes sense.
2. I put my makeup on after my shower and before drying my hair. That gives my hair a little time to dry so that I'm not blowdrying it in a "soaked" state. I also learned long ago to run my blush brush along my eyes in an effort to sort of tie my blush into my eye shadow.
3. I wash my face twice each day: once in the morning and once at night. I use toner each time, regular moisturizer during the day and an intensive one at nigh like Oil of Olay or Neutrogena. I do use a mask weekly. I have recently switched my cleansing and toning products back to Aveeno, and I have had fewer breakouts.
4. I use Oil or Olay or Neutrogena overnight stuff.
5. I use one at the spa or at a fancy hotel. But normally around the house I am in shorts or sweats and a short sleeved shirt, which is functional.
Yay! I love girlie stuff!
1. Eyeliner: Liquid looks either really great on people or really trashy. I think it's a fine line (no pun intended), so I'm too nervous to use it.
2. Blush: I usually match it to what I'm wearing and my eyeshadow/lipstick tones. Although, BM Warmth is a nice blush for my skintone.
3. Skincare: I use an exfoliating scrub in the shower for my face in the morning (B&BW lemongrass scrub). That's it for the a.m. At night I do the full routine. I use a gel cleanser. I've talked about my oily skin in the past & how I need a really strong cleanser (I now either use MD Formulations or B&BW Oat). The wipes are too gentle for me. I then use a salicylic serum. Right now it's Mario Badescu. I otherwise really like MD Formulations. Then I sometimes follow with a light moisturizer. Always use some under eye wrinkle stuff. Not sure if it makes any difference.
4. I'm also starting to worry about wrinkles. So much of the wrinkle stuff is bad for oily skin. Although oily skin is a great preventer for wrinkles, or so I hear.
5. I love bathrobes & have always used them.
While I'm not especially girlie, I'll answer your questions.
1. Never tried liquid eyeliner. Just the boring old black pencil type for me.
2. A girl I used to hang out with sold makeup (Alouette) and she picked out the shade she thought was right for me. I've still got one more unopened and the one I've been using for a year or so. Once they're gone I'll be in search of a replacement. I'm not good at makeup.
3. I wash my face in the shower each morning. I never use soap on my face. If I've been working in the yard or something, I'll wash my face with a warm washcloth but that's about it.
4. I use some kind of L'Oreal wrinkle stuff that contains sunscreen. It goes on before my foundation.
5. I've owned two bathrobes in my entire life. One was a red silk kimono type and the other was a white bathtowel-like one. They're both long gone. I'm more of a pajama pant and sweatshirt kinda girl (like I'm wearing now) until I go to bed, then it's a short nightie. If someone comes to the door I just throw a sweatshirt over the nightie.
I love my bathrobe. Microfiber and as soft as anything I have ever felt.
1. I started using liquid eyeliner maybe 15 years ago. I love it. In all that time, though, I've never managed to get it on the lower lids without looking bloodygawdawful. Revlon makes the best, IMO. Avon is good too. I don't care for Loreal or Maybelline.
2. I'm not sure how to check for a natural colour. Maybe you could slap yourself?
3. Face-cleansing routine: splash plain water on face in morning. Use cleanser in shower at night.
4. I actually plan on just letting wrinkles happen.
5. I don't really wear bathrobes/housecoats.
um questions in no order.
I love my bathrobe. It weighs about 50 pounds and is warm and cozy.
I only wear blush if I am wearing foundation, so I wear blush twice a year. I colour very easily, so anytime I talk to ANYONE I blush. Unless, it's someone whose opinion I care about. Then I turn crimson.
Never wear eyeliner. I wear lip colour and gloss and mascara now. I used to wear no makeup, but after 30 I started. It's kinda cool. I look better now than I did 6 years ago because I was a fashion slob 6 years ago (ie, If my hair got brushed once a day, it should be happy).
I bought my first bunch of overnight wrinkle cream. It was $15 on sale for $3. I use it in the winter so my skin doesn't dry out.
Makeup! Yea!
-I love the liquid eyeliner, but it is difficult to deal with.
-I like my peachy blush
-I was w/ noxema in summer, Oil of Olay in winter. Very dry skin has this Scot.
-My bit** of a Sister in law looks like crap. Must be all that tanning. I love it. Me? too young and gorgeous to start worrying now. *giggle*
-bathrobe? I prefer a full length cotton knitted sweater. Now I just have to make one.
*smoochies*, and I really miss you!
Makeup? Yawn.
*pets bathrobe*
*grin*
Thanks for all the tips and suggestions, guys!
*purrs for everyone who is petting me*
Post a Comment