Wednesday, October 11, 2006

My Secret Identity



Yes, now you know my secret. *grin* If only my mother had taught me how to hold my tummy in. *frown* In this pic, I am around 5 years old and my brother is 6. We were going to try to fly off the roof that night, but our plan was foiled by my father. (we had little capes made out of towels and everything)








In this picture, I wanted to show off the lovely furnishings of the late 70's (this is for you Carey, a trip down memory lane *smirk*). Notice the carpet, the old Kirby vacuum cleaner, and the awesome sleepwear we are sporting. I am 7 here, and the baby is my younger (obviously) brother.






Last, but not least, is the costume party picture. Little brother appears to be around 3, so that makes me 10 years old. Back then, I was wearing white legitimately. *grin* (thank god)

Ok, that was my little trip down memory lane. I found these pics at my mom's house today, and brought them home and scanned them. Thanks for letting me share.

I'd *love* to see pics of you guys, from childhood, if anyone wants to share them. EmilyRugburn's always cracks me up. :)

19 comments:

HistoryDetective said...

Cute pics!

Send me a scanner and I will post some...

Bravie said...

Awwww, look how innocent you used to look. *grin*

Zombs said...

Those are freakin adorable! I love the underoos picture!

I did not know you had two brothers. I thought it was jsut one. Where is your bigfoot pictures?

Swami said...

I love the superhero pose! You look very cute, and your brother does too. Love the jammies!

Posting childhhood photos is a good idea! I will do it later this week since I have a few already scanned in. Just don't laugh because some of them are black & white.

I posted a pic of my culinary failure from yesterday and that's enough photos for me today!

Jen said...

OMH. That first pic is priceless. Too cute!

LOL @ you wearing white (legitimately).

kim (weltek) said...

I love those! What a great idea! The superhero pics are my fave. I promise to look for some pictures in the next few days & post.

Aislinn Sirk said...

I was hatched fully grown.

mtw said...

They are all so adorable, but I like the second one the best because it brings out your smile so nicely!

I would swoon, but, hey, they're little kid pictures, so that would probably be creepy!

MTW <-- not creepy!
MTW <-- thinks you're really cute!
MTW <-- bets your mom was/is a hottie!

mm said...

HD, I'll scan the scanner and email it to you.

*ignores Carey*

Zombs, yep, two brothers. One nice, one not so much. The Bigfoot pics are being held onto until I get my money from the Enquirer.

Swami! Don't be embarrassed. Just because your mom chose to use B&W doesn't mean anything. *pretending not to know it was the only kind of film back then*

Thanks Jen. I want to see some pics of you, when you were a kid, too! /whiney voice

Kim, do you think that Supes will come to my blog and fall in love with me, now? *hopeful*

Bob, I thought you were grown in a little dish or something. *confused*

MTW, you just reminded me that I wanted to blog about that Dateline show, To Catch a Predator. LOL. Umm, no offense.

Emily RugBurn said...

Awww, those are awesome, MM! I love seeing other people's kid pictures like that!

As you've probably guessed from that pic over there ----> I've got a few more doozies to share. Expect something tomorrow!

mtw said...

So, MM, are you saying you think Supes is a predator since he might fall in love with you based on your kiddy pics???

Because I totally would have fallen in love with you based on those pics if it didn't seem "predator creepy". That's why I had to add the comment about your mom!

Schnookie said...

Wow, those truly are fabulous pictures MM! The first one is priceless LOL. Love the smiles on your faces in the 2nd pic. Precious.

Thanks for sharing them with us.

mm said...

Yay Em! Can't wait to see them!

MTW, *can't think of a proper retort* Grrr!
And it makes sense you made the comment about my mom, since she is closer to your age than I am. *smirk*

*smooch* Nookie. It was fun.

Monstah said...

These are so sweet!

MM wears underoos! MM wears underoos!


So, so fun! :)

Jen said...

I have no kid pictures of me at my house. They're all at my mom's. I'll try and remember to look for some next time I'm over there. Although... my family still teases me about how much I loved to be naked when I was a kid, so most of the pics might not be suitable for posting. LOL.

arkie said...

Too, too cute!

Puffy said...

You were an adorable little girl. How pretty! I'll look for some to post, too.

~Nutz said...

Oh how friggin' cute! Love that superhero one.

*smooch*

Surveysez said...

Cute pics. But now I have the theme from Greatest American Hero playing in my head.