when you have nothing to update about. I've been insanely busy, but not had much to report back here, and now, finally...I can update because I have all kinds of complaints and whines and stuff. *grin* Also, a couple new pics! (sorry, while I've been helping my mom clean out closets and whatnot, I've been finding some neat pictures). Bear with me.
So, I'll start with Saturday. We went on our annual family day trip to the local apple farm. It has lots of stops along the drive, with crafts and of course apples. I have no idea why we go, as none of us particularly love apples, or crafts, but hey, it's tradition. We go with another family, and in total there were 16 of us. I finally came clean to the mom (friends of my parents, who's daughters were my friends, as kids) that I had lied to her when I was a teenager. The guilt has been following me, and it felt good to admit it to her. She laughed it off, so it was all good. :)
On Sunday I was supposed to go to dinner with a friend of mine, but my older brother decided that it was time to really cut her loose (they had dated for a couple months and then he slowly broke it off with her, without ever really explaining). She was in no mood after that. I felt really bad for her, as she was still very much in love with DB. It needed to be done, though. Anyhow, so I was all dressed up with no place to go. I ended up driving way out to my brother's friends house (I've blogged about going there before...) and I was late to the party. I ended up going through her old pictures and even stole one (shhhh!) of a guy I kind of dated a long time ago. After everyone had left, her DH and I were cleaning the mess and Jennifer (the wife) was in the other room with her toddler. When I finally went in there to get my stuff to go, it was just in time to see her son pull a very tall bar stool down on himself. It got him right across the head. I felt completely panicked inside because I didn't know what to do. Jennifer picked him up and whisked him into another room (so the crying wouldn't wake her sleeping DD) and the husband walked in to find out what had happened. I explained quickly and then said. "I'm just going to get going now...". I was thinking I didn't want to be in the way, as they clearly had issues to deal with. Later, I felt horrible, thinking perhaps it was rude? Should I have stayed and offered help?
I found out today that they ended up having to go to the Emergency Room, and he had a concussion. Was it ok for me to leave, or should I have hung around in the living room, to see how he was? I feel horrible! BTW, my brother told Alex (the dad) that I had expressed regret for leaving, and Alex said it was ok, that there would have been nothing I could have done. Still, I feel awful about it.
I have to admit though, the idea of staying there any later just sounded horrible to me. I really needed to get going when I did, and on the bright side, as I was coming, I saw several shooting stars.
I am too tired to vent about my mother tonight. Maybe another time. I'm also too tired to share the letter my DD left for me tonight, and the fact that having twins is so hard sometimes, because I can only be in one place at a time, and sometimes, (make that always) field trips happen on the same day, damnit. I had to choose one, and it sucks. :(
Oh, here's a whine. *&%^$%<# blogger won't let me upload my pics.
*kicks everything around me*
*pout*
Monday, October 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




9 comments:
Seeee? I told you so. As soon as Blogger bought youtube...down the drain even further it goes. *grin*
Don't feel bad about leaving. Unless you're a doctor you probably would have just been in the way. *smooch*
You sound like you need a hug *hugs*.
*hugs*
Hey, I know exactly what you mean about having twins and having to choose sides on things like field trips.
Oh wait. No I don't. Sorry. :(
*semi-evil laugh*
*sympathetic smooch*
Geez, look at all the moms who never go on field trips. You're a great mom.
Wait we're not supposed to pick the cute kid?
Motherhood is all about the guilt even though you are doing fine. I guess that is why our Mother's pass down guilt to us. Do you have them on a rotating schedule or something?
My guess too is if you don't worry about how you are doing you are not doing very well to begin with!
LMAO.
as I was coming, I saw several shooting stars.
Woohoo! Good for you, MM! *snort*
*hugs*
Ack! I meant to write, as I was leaving and then thought to write as I was coming home! I must have messed up in there somewhere. Great catch! *snort*
Awwwww. I'll hug you too!
Sorry about the field trip.
LOL at Jen.
BTW, you could make me some apple crisp. My neighbor went to the apple farm, and she made me apple crisp.
And applesauce.
Post a Comment