Backstory: Recently, both my children had the same field trip coming up. I wanted to volunteer, but had to choose one class to go with. I decided that my son's class needed the help, since it only had one parent volunteer, whereas my daughter's had at least 8. After making my decision known, my DD decided I then "owed" her. I don't really agree, but here's the letter I found the morning after my decision was made, placed on my chair...
Mom <--written on the outside
"All things to make the Monterey Bay "thing" up to me" <--titled
1. We could get away for a weekend (just us) and shop, see movies, or get our nails done.
2. You could get me a pink razor cell phone.
3. You could re-decorate my room.
4. You could take me to the mall, on a school day.
5. You could let me shave (legs only). <--as if she has anything else to shave, lol
So far, there is only one out of the five things that I'll consider. Any guesses?
Wednesday, October 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




16 comments:
Weekend Getaway for $1000 Alex.
I want to come too.
I'm kinda bummed that she feels you 'owe' her. I'm of the thought that you owe her nothing. You had to make a decision as a parent and you did. Now if she was disappointed well, I can understand that but writing up a list of demands? No way. I would just tell her that next time a decision needs to made between the two kids' activities, you'll choose her field trip and be done with it.
She's cute.
#1 sounds like such a great idea. I think it's absolutely wonderful that she even has it on the list. How many teenagers want to spend a weekend with their parents?
LOL at her wanting to shave her legs.
I suppose you could get her the razor phone and tell her that's the only razor she's allowed to use. :-)
Tell her she can shave your legs instead. That pesky bending over is quite bothersome.
I don't think you owe her anything, but I would go with taking her to the mall on a school day. After school, that is. She didn't say that she wanted to take the day off school and go. *grin*
Ok, I wanted to clarify that I don't agree that you owe her anything. You don't.
However, it seems like she wrote the list as a fun thing. Is she seriously mad at you or is she playing around?
Jen has the right idea with the mall thing on a school day. She didn't specify the time of day. And, it might be the least expensive thing and you still get to spend alone time with her. Dinner?
Oh yeah, I wanted to add something else.
Again, I'm not sure what tone the letter is in (serious or semi-serious or just silly).
However, speaking as a twin, I can understand how she might be hurt. Of course, there was no possible way for you to attend both. She must understand that. She is a young girl though. It sounds like she likes your company.
Again, I have no idea if she's being a whiny beyotch or just playing around with you.
*smooch*
I should have written more in the original post, I guess. She knows I don't "owe" her. She has been begging me for all the things on the list, and thought of this as an opportunuty to guilt me, I guess, but in a playful way.
As for my decision on the field trip, we actually compromised and I rode the bus with her, and then chaperoned my son at the aquarium. It worked out really well. Since I recieved this note, my DD hasn't even mentioned it to me.
Because they are twins, they learned very young, how to share, and that things are not always equal.
Glad to hear it's a playful thing.
Soooooooooooo, which one did you choose????
When I read it, I figured she was just being playful, using the opportunity to give you a "sales pitch". Heck, she probably threw a few of those in there KNOWING you would never go for them, but hoping they would steer you towards one of the others that sounded more reasonable. She has a future in marketing!
My guess is you'll let her shave her legs. I figure you've seen them and you have an irrational fear they will start looking like Zombie's legs if you don't let her start shaving.
I think you should surprise her and go to a salon where you both can have a Brazilian wax done. Sounds like a fun mother/daughter thing to me!
Boo, if I do a weekend getaway, I'll let you know. That's not the one I'm choosing this time, though. :)
Nookie! You're aging me! She's not quite a teenager yet. She was 11 this summer. I do hope she still wants to spend time with me when she's older though.
LOL, Kim!
BINGO, Jen! That's the one. I will probably take her out of school an hour early though, so we can beat some of the crowd at the mall.
MTW, you're right. She knows that most of the things on the list won't happen for a while. LOL @ the brazilian waxing. How about you ask your DW and DD to try it out first, and let us know how well that goes over? *grin*
Yessssssss! I rule!
Oh. Not all about me? Whatever.
PS- I think you are a fabulous person, not to mention a wonderful mom. I *heart* you so much.
*besa*
*whacks* MTW for the skeevy image of mother/daughter brazillian waxing.
Awww, thanks Jen. (hey! this isn't one of those lovey-dovey drunk commenting times, is it??)
And really, it IS all about you. I mean, what else would it be about?
MM <--kissing up *grin*
Well, I WAS drunk, but I still stand behind what I said. :)
I'd let her shave her legs. That's the only one that could cause mental anguish and long-lasting body image concerns.
Post a Comment