Anyone seen it? I saw it twice. I don't want to give it away, but there is one scene that makes the movie worth the $10, IMO. I saw it the first time late on Friday night, all alone. Just felt like getting out, and needed the breather from kids and DH. I haven't done that since Brokeback Mountain, and in both cases, I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. I recommend everyone do it sometime.
Then tonight, after working for my mother at her office *groan* I took her to see it, too. She laughed so hard (during the scene I love) and I would have been embarrassed, had the other four people there not been laughing as hard.
Which reminds me, when you go to the movies, are you very careful to be quiet? I get all uptight, and shush everyone I'm with. You can't open candy wrappers unless it's a loud moment in the movie, and you can't laugh too loud, and god forbid you try to talk to me, lest the other people hear and get mad.
I'm just concerned about the other people. Ack. Why do I feel all defensive now? Don't you get mad at people for being too noisy in the theater? I can guarantee, it's never me making the noise. :)
Monday, October 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




29 comments:
I am very sensitive about noise in the cinema. I don't even like to listen to people talk during the pre-show stuff or the previews --- and I get very annoyed if they talk during the feature.
There are a couple of theaters that I will not go to any more simply because the patrons tend to be rather white trash (though not all of them are white) and have no manners while watching the film. It's worth it to drive a few extra miles to be able to enjoy a movie in peace.
While I agree about wrappers and talking I love it when people laugh out loud at the movies. I think it really adds to the movie.
I dont' believe anyone should try to bottle up their laughter or tears for that matter at the movies!
I remember the audience howling at "Something About Mary" years ago. I was one of them!
Laughing is fine. As long as it's not the kind of obnoxious laugther like Max Cady had in the movie Cape Fear :-)
I'm just like you MM in that I really try to be quiet. I always wait for a loud part of the movie to make any noise.
I always wait for a loud part of the movie to make any noise
In Nookie speak..."before I fart".
*SNORT* I just knew someone was going to make some smart-ass comment :-)
I'll leave all the pooting to Carey.
I have only pooted in a theater once. And it was an accident. And I blamed the person sitting next to me. (not Michelle, she would kill me)
Hey! This wasn't about farting in the movies!
*shakes head at the children in here*
I agree about laughing unless you are the ONLY one laughing, and you can't stop. That's my mother.
Ack! I hate when I get into a giggle fit and can't stop.
*giggles at all the fart talk*
DH & I were watching tv last night and he looked over at me and asked if I had farted. Since he had one of the cats on his lap, I said "no, must be the cat". *giggles some more*
I want to see LMS...I have heard nothing but good about it.
I'm also sensitive about noise. I was a bit mortified at my trip with Chris's coworker. She's a loud burst laugher...constantly. Even when jokes aren't THAT funny.
I hate loud movie eaters. I realize, though, it's an inevitable thing I must deal with. Doesn't mean I don't shoot plenty of evil eyes, though.
I watched RV this weekend. It was pretty good.
ohfercryinoutloud!
Nookie! You can't just randomly admit that you fart. That would be like admitting that you have sex and stuff. Sheesh.
Kim, we should do lunch then. I think we would not mortify each other. :)
LOL MM. It really was the cat :-)
Do you honestly believe that I could fart in front of my DH? Do you honestly believe that I could ever fart?
Can I join you and Kim for lunch? I promise I'm a quiet eater, I keep my mouth closed, I don't burst out in loud laughter and I really don't poot. *bats eyelashes*
I am considerately quiet in movies, however I am almost always with my kid with autism, who may decide to talk about what he wants for lunch at any time. I try to take him to only the less well-attended early shows, and to sit where no one can sit right in front of us, but I'm sure he annoys people now and then. But I'm still going to take him to the movies.
*laughs out loud all alone*
Shhh... I'm trying to watch a movie!
*grin*
MM, I think you should be armed and patrol the aisles at movie theatres attacking the loud patrons.
I think that would be fun.
*relieved Nookie didn't actually fart*
Yes, you may join Kim and I. :)
Swami, I appreciate your experience there, and it's something to remember (for me). One thing though, "talkers" rarely bother me, in fact, I rarely notice *other* people's noise. It's mainly the fear that myself, or those I am with, are doing the bothering.
*glares at Zombie*
*unless she's not sitting with me, of course*
*sits with Nutz*
Bob, I agree. I would kick ass at that job!
I like when the audience in the movie theater applauds at the end of the movie. How about those cell phone users during the show?!!! And STOP KICKING THE BACK OF MY SEAT!
I myself have never seen or heard anyone use a cell phone during a movie. I guess the midwest is different. Well, the rural midwest certainly is.
Peeps are constantly using their damn cell phones when I go to the theater.
We always sit in the very last row just so that we are assured that nobody will kick the back of our seats.
MM, I am completely with you on the noise thing. DW is one who likes to talk during movies. And? She asks what's going to happen next, as if I would know. *rolls eyes* What, does she think I go see these movies without her first???
Maybe it's one reason we don't go to movies together. And why can't they come up with theater candy in theater boxes with special packaging that doesn't make noise when you open it?
Let's go to the movies together. I promise I'll be very quiet. *smile*
OK, I like to be quiet in the movies, but sometimes, I like to make quick comments. I don't mind conversation in the theatre as long as I can hear.
I don't mind people moving about as long as I can see. I like these new-fangled Silver City-type places with the stadium seating. I have always hunched over in my seat and been really uncomfortable because I want to be sure the people behind me can see. Now I don't have to.
Anyway, I haven't been to the movies since The Two Towers.
You reminded me of a sermon once where the pastor was talking about Easter morning as a child, when you had to be quiet in church and so you'd try to unwrap your candy as sloooowly as possible so that people wouldn't hear. Mr. R was in the pew behind me. He pulled out a mint or something and started unwrapping it reeeally slowly, but of course, the 2 pews in front of and behind him could hear. So we all tried not to burst out laughing, but it was so silly. He was an Elder for heaven's sake. The pastor had to stop the sermon because 5 pews of people were LOLing in church. *snort*
I am highly annoyed by most things that people do in the theater. I don't think I have ever had an enjoyable movie-going experience. I keep telling myself that I'm going to stop going, but I never do. Heh.
I don't mind the candy and eating noises too much, it's the talking/whispering, inappropriate laughter (laughing during a serious moment or when something is just completely not funny) and the screaming that grate on my nerves. Yes, screaming. Shrill, top-of-thier-lungs screaming. This has happened at the last 2 movies I saw. One was a horror movie, but really not all that scary. The other had absolutely no reason for anyone to be screaming. *shakes head*
Somebody told me just yesterday that I have to see this movie. I don't even know what it's about.
Don't like noisy movie goers. I hate hate HATE listening to people chew. There is no need for any human to ever have an open mouth while chewing anything. No reason for it. Shawn and I go to movies at odd times now to try to save what is left of my sanity.
I would like to invite everyone to go to the movies with me at White Bear Township Theatre. All seats are stadium seats. No one ever uses a cell phone. People eat with their mouths closed, lol, and the only annoying person is with me.
My only complaint about movies is that I have to stick kleenex plugs into my ears for most shows because the volume is so high it hurts. My son with autism (who has hyperacute senses) wears chain-saw ear protectors.
Hey MTW, your wife and my SIL would get along great. Noboby can standing watching a movie with my SIL because she asks too many questions. Hey dumbass, shut up and watch and you might figure it out!
Kim, it really drives me crazy. It's like she thinks everyone else has some inside information about the movie that she missed.
It's a movie! Let the plot unfold as it's meant to. If you're not being told something, it's because the director has a reason for this. You'll find out later!
Hi. I'm reading your archives again. *grin* Do you get your comments emailed to you? I'll have to make sure you see this.
Anyway, was the part of the movie that had you laughing so hard the car horn? OMG, my mom and I laughed for like 5 minutes straight. :D
Post a Comment