Remember that cute little kitten, the black one we named Missy/Mistery? It may have to die. I might have to kill it myself. I've had enough kittens to know that they have accidents, or that they might need to be directed away from my houseplants, but if they do not learn quickly, they need to leave. I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but nothing pisses me off more than cat pee. We just realized tonight, (after deciding that the cat suffers from ADHD) that he has been spraying under the dining room table. It even pooped under there. I have no idea why, and am not sure what to do about this. I spent over an hour, scrubbing, bleaching and Lysol-ing the whole area, after throwing away a bag of clothes that I had been saving for SAR (a local charity). I think the bag of clothes was the target, and now that it's gone, I am SO afraid he might try to find a new place. I've already got all my houseplants covered in tin foil at the base (the dirt). If it goes on my new carpet or my new couches, I really might be tempted to hurt it. Nothing turns my heart to ice faster than a cat that pees in the house. It has not been neutered yet, since we thought it was a girl at first and they don't spay them until they're older, but we will get it done now, right away. I'm hoping that might help, but I'm not convinced.
This was all after I watched the kitten tear up my living room. It literally covered the whole floor with the Sunday newspaper, and then emptied a bag of left over party supplies that DD left out. It looked worse than when my kids used to mess it up. The cat didn't stop for over two hours, just attacking all kinds of imaginary things, and of course making the newspaper move, which then had to be killed. It's a very hyper cat, moreso than any of the others I've had. So, do I give it another chance, and just hope he isn't suicidal enough to go on the carpet or furniture? Or do I just give it up now? And where do I dispose of the body if I do that? (just kidding) (maybe) ;-)
In other news, I ate like crap today and can't wait for tomorrow, so I can start over and feel better. I didn't even drink half of my daily water, and now I feel dehydrated. Bleh.
Oh! In even other news, some asshole stole my brother's truck last night (Christmas Eve). He woke up this morning to find it gone. How nice is that? He's lost his wife, his job, his home, and now his truck. I swear this has got to be a country song, right?
One last thing; I know "moreso" is not a word, at least according to Dictionary.com, BUT, I like to use it. How wrong is that? Do I sound like an dolt? I also Know you shouldn't start sentences with "and" or "but", but I do that, too. And, I think use parenthesis way too often, too. Has anyone noticed these things and been thinking I am an idiot? Do I need to hire Coco for some tutoring?
Monday, December 26, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




25 comments:
Be patient with the kitten and {{{HUGS}}}. I will say a prayer for your brother and his sudden streak of bad luck.
{soapbox}Also, I was just over to that other place and it really amazes me at the people that think they HAVE to bitch about the gifts they get for Christmas. It would serve them right to never get a gift at all.{/soapbox}
I think this is why I haven't gotten a cat yet. I don't have the patience to deal with that behavior.
I always thought it was two words - more so - not one.
{{hugs}}
I think your brother's girlfriend would really appreciate a cute kitten as a late Christmas present.
Satanic kittens are bad. Is there any way you could get him a friend? That should cool his jets a bit. I'm sorry about your brother's truck, too.
As for the vocab, I have never heard anyone start a sentence with moreso. Moreover, yes, but moreso, no. And and but can be used all the time in conversation, but don't write it down anywhere other than on the Internet or I'll smack you. :)
Your use of parentheses is exemplary, however.
*big smooch*
I'm sorry about your brother and the kitten. I wonder if someone who knows him stole the truck.
We had a male and female cat and the male sprayed a lot, territorial, you know. So I'm thinking maybe a friend would make him even more territorial.
When we got the cat we have now, Mr. Puffy said NO male cats cause of the spray issue. Cleo lifts her tail and shakes it but luckily, for her, nothing comes out.
As far as spaying/neutering, when we got Cleo at about 6 weeks of age, the animal shelter had already spayed her! So they can be spayed early, before their first "season."
To Arkie: The animal shelter has lots of adult cats who are not ADHD. They just want to sit on your lap and get some lovin'.
you be nice to that kitten,damnit. *grin*
Thanks, Vols. *smooch*
Arkie, cats are wonderful, and out of the 4 we've had, (this being the 5th) we've always been lucky to have equally cuddly/playful kittens.
Bob! I Lvoe that idea! I have my soon to be ex-SIL OR my other brother's GF. *rubs hands together all evil like*
Coco, we got this kitten to be a friend to one of our adult cats. This makes 3 which puts us at 3 more than DH ever agreed to. This will have to do, for now.
Also, thank you for the punctuation help! And don't worry, I NEVER write in real life. :P
Puffy, we thought about that too, but the police think it was teenagers, looking for a joyride, since it was a 4x4 older truck and perfect for the muddy season. They think it will likely be abandoned when they(?) are done with it.
BTW, all of our cats have been male and though we've had them all neutered, we've never seen any spraying issues at all. I'm not really sure whether this cat was peeing or spraying, or even what the difference is, to be honest.
*smooches* everyone!
Hi Carey! You mean this Kitty? *points down to lap*
(whut? it sleeps in my lap) ;-)
I don't like kittens either. We have two older kittens and rarely let them in. Worst thing is they get up on the kitchen counters which cannot be tolerated.
Did another previous cat use the dining room as a bathroom? That's probably why your new kitty is going there. Cats will normally choose a place and stick with it, which is nice- they wont generally pee all over the house.
Pet stores should sell something that will rid the area of "markings"
No other cat has gone under the table, to my knowledge. they've all been *very* good with no problems.
I agree about the counters. My grandma's cat would always sit on her counter (or in the sink). Some people don't mind it, others do.
I think I rid the area last night of any "markings". I was under the table for quite a while. (geez, it's amazing how dirty the legs can get! I ended up scrubbing everything while I was down there)
If it finds another place to "go" besides the litter box, I will likely get rid of it, or make it an outside cat, which I hate to do.
I am so sorry about your brother and your kitten.
*smooches to both*
MM, have you checked out the Real World forum over at that other place? Danny's cousin is posting...check it out!
It says right here in the Lesbian Handbook.
*points to handbook*
Always be nice to the pussy.
Wow. As for the cat, talk to a vet & read online. There are some products out there that are supposed to prevent a lot of this behavior.
I'm stunned about your brother. I can't believe someone stole his truck. *hugs* to him.
Sorry about your brother, mm. Something good has got to happen to him soon, perhaps the lottery!
I'm not a "cat" person. I'll leave it at that.
"I was under the table for quite a while." MM, I thought you were going to go easy on the smut for now on!
Pet stores have products that are powerful to get rid of the smell, in addition to the stain. Put if it seeped into the carpet pad...sigh. Bad news.
Sorry about the brother and his losses.
As for the kitten, I didn't want the one I last was left with but I sure would be devastated if anything happened to her (see todays blog entry for the details). The last kitten (ferel rescue) I brought in was a handful at first too but he is the most awesome adult cat I could have asked for.
*smooches* for all and Hi to Kim, *giggle* at Carey (the handbook comment).
Vols & MM -
Does this have something to do with the Gauntlet last night?
Thanks, Sonya. *smooch*
Vols, I saw that! Very cool!
Carey, I've never been allowed to *look* at the Handbook, so I will take your word for it. *wonders how exactly one is "nice" to one's pussy*
Yeah Kim, that's what I thought. How could someone do that to someone at x-mas time? But then I figured, if you're crappy enough to steal a vehicle, it's doubtful you have sudden morals on certain days.
*buys DB a lottery ticket* Thanks, boo.
LOL @ Puffy! Did I say I was cutting back on smut? ;-)
Also, the mess was only on the dining room floor, and nowhere near carpet, or the cat very well may be dead right now.
Thanks, Chris. :)
Sonya, no. It was from the last season of The Real World.
*hugs* to you and your brother, MM.
Hope your Christmas was mostly merry anyway. :-)
We have 2 cats. For years, I took Cat#2 down to the litterboxx several times a day, or she would pee in any box she could find. Turns out that this is because Cat #1 wouldn't let her in the box. So we put another box in the little bathroom downstairs. Now there's no problem. None.
So maybe your cat needs a litterbox. I think I remember you saying you didn't have one. Maybe it's time to get one, at least on the back porch or something. As a person who's spent a lot of time bleaching cat pee out of carpet, I feel your pain.
*smooches*
*hugs* for your brother. That just plain sucks. And yep, it sounds like a bad country song. Hey, I like country music. I can say that.
The cat would have to die. I have no tolerance for things like that. Heck, my cat was about to die if I had to listen to her "Ooooooow" and "waaaaaaaah" about being in heat any longer. Yes, she really does meow like that during that 7 day period.I've got to get her spayed. Soon.
Seana, we do have a
litter box, and just for this kitten (no other cats use it, they go outside). The litter box is temporary, until the cat can go outside, but he *does* have one, which is why I was so upset about the "accidents". Again, if this cat had gone on the carpet, there would no longer be a cat (I'm mean like that).
*smooches* momma! So are you the new Shakes? ;-)
Well, hey, what do I know?
Ignore me.
No, wait, don't!
Pay attention to me.
Me! Me! Me!
I'm feeling silly, but I have to go.
*smooch*
See ya!
You're such a dork. A cute dork, but a dork nonetheless.
Post a Comment