Monday, December 19, 2005

Countdown to Insanity

Christmas break has officially begun. The kids are home for two weeks. DH will have a four day weekend and two three day weekends. My grandmother is in town. My MIL will be coming next month. And? I have 21 days left to live (or, until I turn 30). Oh! And, my mother has gone to a psychologist (which I greatly appreciate) and it turns out that part of her problem is me. Not only have both her parents died within two years of eachother, and not only has my brother's wife left him resulting in him moving back home with my parents, and not only does she have to make huge financial decisions regarding whether to buy her parents property, but apparently, *I* have decided to "change" right as all this was going on in her life. So now, I get to feel guilty, and somewhat responsible for her probably imminent breakdown. To make matters worse, she turned down any medicinal help they offered. So I listen to her telling me, "I need help, Tab" or "tell me if I start to act like my mother" and "I'm trusting you to tell me when to get help". Well, I told her, she went, and now nothing. Maybe an appointment next month, she said. *sigh*

I was actually going to blog about the pervertedness that is my mother-in-law, but I'll save that one. And you'll probably wish I didn't share that one at all. She is *that* bad.

So wish me luck...kids, DH, mother, grandmother, dying and MIL, all within the next 30 days.

25 comments:

Bravie said...

30?!?!?!? Oh you poor old thing. *rolls eyes*
*whack*

Aislinn Sirk said...

*laughs and laughs and laughs*

Just make sure you keep the eggnog well spiked.

momma said...

30? Shut.up. I've still got a year and 7 months to go.

And your mom? *sigh* *hugs* If there's one thing I learned from my manic depressive, recovering alcoholic, former drug addict of a father it's that you can't help them unless they want to be helped. And you cannot, repeat, CANNOT allow them to make you feel guilty for continuing to live your life and be happy.

Schnookie said...

Agree with Momma about you not feeling guilty about your mom. Sheesh. What a load to put on your children.

*HUGS* Good luck sweetie. You'll make it!

lights said...

You're going through the "change"? Aren't you a little young for that? *wink*

Hang in there mm, it will be February before you know it. *hugs*

Sonya said...

*hugs* You need it.

I have 31 in 3 monthes.

Anonymous said...

30 is really not that bad. But all that other stuff is going to make you feel 60. *grins*

Sonya said...

You will be fine at 30. You can look back at goals you set for yourself and you have wonderful kidos and husband. Heck, 30 killed me. Something about not having kids.

mm said...

Thanks guys, especially for the heartfelt sympathies regarding turning 30. *grin*

As for my mom, she has only made a comment twice about my "changing" being bad timing for her, so hopefully she won't lay the guilt on anymore than that. I'm pretty good at not letting her control me, but sometimes I do need to vent.

*smooches*

Monstah said...

A woman in her 30's is so, so hot, MM. I wish I could get you to see that.

As for the big stuff, hang in there. Don't be controlled, but at the same time be loving...I know it is a hard balance and a fine line.

*hug*

Chrissy (woe) said...

30? A distant memory for me but I still looked awesome, that much I do recall and I have pics to prove it, I just can't recall where they are!

I dunno why but when I read the MIL was coming, I was thinking of that Christmas song for scrooges--"my in laws are coming to town", sung to the tune of Santa Claus is coming to town. I can get the lyrics for you if ya want me to :D

Cheer up, spike the nog and remember, This too shall pass.

*smooch*

Sonya said...

Everyone sure is quiet today.

Emily RugBurn said...

{singing} It's the most - wonderful time, of the year! {/singing}

Good luck with everything, mm. May the force be with you.

(Oh - I hear 30's the new 20, so don't sweat it!)

~ EmRB

Bravie said...

30 aint nuthin. Wait until you're pushing 40. Ack!!! I remember celebrating 30 as if it were just yesterday.

Puffy said...

At least you have us to vent to. And you can dispell your feelings in your blog. You didn't have all of that a few years ago. We all have our mom and MIL stories. And before we know it, we'll be turning into our moms and MIL's. And I already have, sickening as it is. Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

mtw said...

Sonya - you look too young to be 30! [/flirt]

MM? 30? Who knew! Quite honestly the worst thing about being 30 is that from that point on, they MAKE you sit at the grown-up table! I can just BARELY remember my 30th birthday party.

Wanna trade MIL's? I'll bet yours doesn't smell like pee!

Sonya said...

I have gotten to start sitting at the grown up table instead of the kid table. I just made that comment last Christmas.

mm said...

Thanks Monsty! *smooch*

Chrissy! Hi, nice to see you out in blogland today!

EmRB~ I totally *heart* you for that!

Carey, turning 30 *is* pushing 40, isn't it?

Now that I'd prefer the kids table, I'm forced to sit with the grown-ups? Yuck! I bet they talk about all kind of icky grown up stuff. ;-)

I'll start the MIL bashing tomorrow! We can all argue over who's is worse.

Coco said...

MM, thirty is really not so bad, I swear. The mother guilt trip thing is worse, I think.

You have a right to change. Hell, everyone does. And they should, most of them.
However, could it be the other four or five major traumas in your mom's life that are causing her perceptions to shift? I don't think you need to feel responsible (although I am a bad example because I pick up my mom's emotions from across the country).

Take good care of yourself. *big smooch*

mtw said...

I keep coming back, hoping to catch a glimpse og MM while she's changing! :-)

mm said...

Thanks, Coco. The other things in my mom's life have definitely added to her shifting perceptions, but she is right, I have changed. A lot of people have noticed it, but I'm not convinced it is for the worse. *smooch*

LOL @ MTW! Sadly, it took me over three seconds to get what you were saying. But when I did...LMAO! :D

Seana said...

*hugs*

You can do 30, MM. I've already told you about my mother going all crazy about her age, so all I can say is please, please, have some dignity.

My sister went to therapy and now it's all my parent's fault her life didn't turn out the way she wanted. I just typed up and deleted some bitterness here.

Merry Christmas!!

mm said...

Do it with dignity? *snort*

I already have wild plans in place. I? am going to have something pierced! Two things, actually. ;-)

~Nutz said...

Woo Hoo! MM is going to get her nipples pierced! *evilgrin*

mm said...

LOL! I was wondering if someone would think that. Of course, I assumed it would be someone with a smutty mind. *grin*

And no, not my nipples!