Yay, it's my weekend! I am planning on laying out in the sun today and talking on the phone, and doing *something* with the kids, though I don't know what yet.
Thursday at work was as busy as ever but the stress level has gone down since I've become more competent with the tasks I am given. I also got to see Brad, my client crush, yesterday. *grin & swoon* The other one I like is coming in today so I won't see him. But Brad said I was awesome! *hop* And all because I gave him the paper he asked for, lol. Whatever, I think he meant it. :P
That thread on OT was really frustrating to read. I get frustrated when I *know* something will never sink in with someone. It's one of my biggest flaws, actually. I *hate* it when people are wrong, or silly, or hypocritical, etc., and they just. won't. see. it. And not only that, but they genuinely believe it's everyone else. *boggle* I call it a flaw because I want to learn to not care as much. Moving on...
Question: If you see someone out and about in public and their zipper is down, what do you do? Would you tell them? Does it depend on their gender, or looks? Do you think it's rude? What would *you* want someone to do for you, if you were the one with the fallen zipper? Just curious. And FTR, it was not *me* with my zipper down, it was a random stranger.
And finally, with a couple days separating me from the drama of Tuesday, I am feeling much calmer and *knock on wood*, as though I over-reacted. I hope it's over and have no reason to think otherwise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




8 comments:
Laying in the sun (as long as there's water around) and talking on the phone sounds wonderful.
Lol, You are awesome.
Ummm, if I was in vicinity of zipper for an extended period I'd probably revert to Jr High and say "XYZ", but if I'm passing said un-zipped zipper on the street he's on his own.
Glad things have calmed down over the nut case.
Brad totally has a crush on you, too. It's obvious.
Re: zipper. Am I drunk? Yes, I'd tell a stranger. Am I sober? I'd probably stifle a grin and ignore it if it were a stranger and we were in a public space (like a bus, in line somewhere, etc.). If I was in the ladies room at the sink by another woman, I'd tell her.
Oooooh, I'm glad you are having a day off. Yay for you. And yay for laying in the sun. Two of my lunch hours this week were used for laying in the tanning bed since I knew I'd be swimming those nights.
I try to laugh at Geg, but there are times when she really needs to be knocked down a peg or two. I'm sure there are probably people who feel this way about me. *shrug* But I think she goes above and beyond.
I exchanged some very interesting voicemails this week - law firm related. I'll have to blog about that later.
I always forget something. The zipper - if I noticed, I would probably say something.
Laying in the sun always baffles me. I like shade.
If some guy is out and about with their zipper down I would just pantomime pulling up a zipper and keep walking - no personal contact needed. This almost always works with guys because they have a built-in, zipper-check reflex thing. Don't know if it works for women.
When I worked at the U of MN a co-worker and I used to play a little game with our boss. He didn't know we were playing, which is why it was such a fun game. About once per week, one of us would "find" a button on the floor. Boss checked his pants immediately. This? was much more of a fun game than it sounds like. A real gigglefest! It took him for.ever. to figure out we were playing with him too.
*walks over to lounge chair and lays out with MM* I could so use a nap in the sun right now.
In public, especially, I would inform someone that their zipper was open only if it were in a public setting and I could yell it at the top of my lungs. I'm such an asshole sometimes.
*snort* @ the fool!
Post a Comment