First of all, my NYE was actually pretty good. We went to my mom's (as usual) and had a big turkey dinner, which I was NOT in favor of. I did not want to do another big deal dinner and be stuck cleaning, but in the end, it wasn't that bad. My ex-SIL came over and ate with us for the first time since her and my brother split, over two years ago. It was nice being with her, though my brother says they are in no way getting back together. It was mostly for the kids sakes.
We did go outside at midnight *waves to MTW* but I only lasted a couple minutes because it was so cold! There were the normal illegal fireworks and people making noise. The kids loved it.
My DD spent the night, but DS and I left after 1am. I was in my house at around 1:45 or so when I heard a bunch of sirens and of course my heart sank, knowing someone was having a bad NYE. Turns out there was a drunk driver out who hit another car, killing a 19 year old and leaving her 5 year old brother in critical condition. I saw that on the news tonight. Just heart breaking. They said the drunk driver coincidentally lives only a few houses down from the girl he hit. *sigh*
------------------------------------------------------------
I've been pretty darn busy lately...in case you've noticed me not on OT or commenting as much. I start a computer class in a couple weeks (one night a week). I also have my MIL coming in a couple weeks too, so I still have lots to do, though she is not staying with us more than one night (thankfully!!). Still, we'll be seeing some family at that time, so I'll need to get things ready.
------------------------------------------------------------
I watched two movies recently that were really good! One was called Amores Perros, a foreign film that had some really rough scenes in it, but was really moving. The other, easier to watch but also foreign is called 3-Iron (Bin-jip). I thought the subtitles would annoy me (though I've watched other ones in the past) but the movies were so engrossing that you forget they are not in English. Any fans of foreign films here? Are you opposed to reading subtitles? (the movie titles are linked to the IMDB, if you want to look at them)
-----------------------------------------------------------
I don't really have any resolutions to start the year with. I've had the same goals long enough now that there really isn't a difference. It's just more of the same, and hoping to make positive changes in my life. You know what, strike that. I have some returns I *need* to make, very soon. THAT will be my resolution this year, lol!
*smooches to all*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




9 comments:
Happy New Year.
Bummer on the accident. We were cold too, I think about -5'F.
I don't mind subtitles on the big screen, but on a TV screen they take up too much room.
No resolutione here yet either...
How sad for the accident. Things like that always, always break my heart.
We walked to our neighbors' house for NYE. It was okay. I was fine, Michael wasn't. There was another couple there, and that dude is a major video gamer. So they brought their Guitar Hero with them, and he played it for 2 hours. Kind of strange. The kids all had fun, and I enjoyed just hanging out. It was a cold walk.
Oh, and you need to go to OT for just a minute today. I have a PM to send to you.
Glad you had a nice time, MM. I'd like another turkey dinner this year. Do you think your parents might invite me over for leftovers?
I heard about the accident but didn't pay much attention to the story.
Good for you on the computer class. Let us know what it's about when you get started. As for foreign films, I don't mind them but don't seek them out. I don't get to watch as many domestic films as I'd like to, so I don't get to see many foreign ones.
I have some slippers I still need to return. Blech.
Happy New Year MM!!! *smoooch*
Sad start to the new year for that family. My BIL fell off a ladder on the 30th and broke his hip. He had surgery on NYE day. Their year is starting off on a bad foot but at least he's alive and still cracking jokes. No pun intended. (or No pun in ten did <---- for Bob)
I don't see foreign films too often. They're not shown in my town so I have to make an effort to go see them. However, I always like them and I don't mind the subtitles. I'd rather have subtitles and know what they're saying, than try to interpret a heavy accent.
I really like your photos over there-->
You have a beautiful family. The scenery shots are nice, too.
Thank you, Puffy! I always forget to add new pictures over there. Nice to know you enjoy them. :)
Thanks to everyone else for the NY wishes! *smooches*
Post a Comment