Question I meant to ask last week;
I went out to dinner with my friend Brianne a week or so ago and while we were at the restaurant, the waiter we had was extremely flirtatious. Not flattering flirtatious though, more like sleazy and obviously his "schtick" in terms of probably getting more tips. Physically, he reminded me of a bald Prince (or The Artist FKA, or whatever). I found it insulting and obnoxious. He reminded me of those horrid sales people who come to your door and are trained to do stupid things, like getting you to high-five them (please tell me someone else has had that happen, lol), I guess under the assumption we're dumb enough to think we're "friends". Anyhow, it made me wonder how you all would feel (and tip) under the same circumstances. He actually did a very good job, but I tipped about a dollar less than I normally would have, only because I did not want him to think it had *worked*. Was that wrong? I'm sure he got somewhere between 15% and 20%. Does that behavior bother you guys at all?
Also, I'm adding a picture from a week or so ago when the kids and I played Monopoly. My DD got the pink one as a gift and I had agreed to play with her. The same day we were to play, I got a special present in the mail and I wanted to use it as my playing piece SO bad, but it was way too big. In honor of it though, I used on of DD's barbie shoes. *giggle* They are both pictured in the center of the board. Big Thank You to my gifter!!! *smooch*




8 comments:
I have not heard of this PINK Monopoly.. I guess I didn't do enough Christmas shopping. We have the current day edition of it, and the dollar figures are sky high, so tough to play with a 6yo.
A waiter acting that way would not gain any extra tips from me..
Sleazy waiters do not get more money from me. If anything, they get an eyeroll and a little less of a tip.
I think it's funny you tipped him a dollar less than you would have but it was still between 15-20%. He definitely would not be able to guess it didn't "work" because he doesn't know you would have tipped him more. Since your tip was in the standard range, there'd be no reason for him to suspect you didn't appreciate his act.
I would have tipped him less than standard - 5-10%. THAT would have made him think.
Yay for gifts and your gifter. Are you going to tell us who it was?
Pink monopoly? I love it! I haven't heard of Amy's "current day edition" either. Are the spaces the same as the regular monopoly game?
I'd have tipped less to the sleazebag.
I have no idea what you are talking about with this door-to-door salesman. Next thing you know, you will be telling us your tailor cups you.
I hate sleaze balls in general, especially when I *have* to deal with them. I don't know about the tip though. I kind of agree with MTW. But I'm not really a good person to ask. I always leave 18 - 20%, so someone would have to really suck for me not to tip them.
That is a cute game, and a cute shoe. It's so you.
You totally could have played with the big shoe! All you had to do was turn it right angle to the board and use the tip of the high heel.
I cannot imagine a bald Prince.
This has happened to me a few times and I have responded by ceasing eye-contact with the waiter - just saying "thank you" and then immediately say something to my companion. This is only if the waiter goes on and on. If he or she just says one or two quick & ingratiating sentences I pretty much ignore it, tip-wise.
And I agree with those who said the waiter wouldn't "get" your message. He'll just try harder next time, lol.
Since the waiter provided good service, your tip was appropriate. However, I would have written a little note saying that I did not appreciate his actions.
Unless you go there often. Then next time just ask for a different waiter.
Cute shoe!
Correction.. my Monopoly is the Here and Now version - with the smallest bill being $1000. Our contribution is Camelback Mountain, for the price of $2.2 million. It has Fenway Park, the St Louis arch and other regional locations on it!
Post a Comment