Once there, my grandmother spoiled us by cooking every meal and being a great hostess. She was just so happy to have family come down to her, instead of her having to come up here. We walked around El Paseo and looked in all the shops. It was very much like I assume Rodeo Drive would be like...ridiculously fancy cars I can't even pronounce, tan, enhanced rich ladies everywhere...completely plastic! We went into Saks Fifth Avenue but didn't buy anything. The clothes were ugly, IMO.
I also took the kids on a hike (don't let the picture fool you...we were higher than it looks). That was maybe the highlight for me...taking them on the hike. There was a canal we crossed over to get to the trail and I told the kids when we got back, I was going to go down into it. They both balked at me and DD even refused to watch me because they were so sure it was too steep and I would be stuck down there (it was completely dry, btw). I got a good laugh when I showed them how easy it was. We ended up playing down there a good portion of the time, too. *snort* It was steep enough that you could crouch down and your tennies would slide down the wall. Coming up was trickier, but with a running start, it was doable. Desert life was slow and I was amazed at all the free time we had. It was relaxing though.
Highlights from the trip were:
- Seeing the giant dinosaurs on the way home (pictured).
- Almost hitting a real roadrunner!
- Losing my bright green undies, mortified granny would find them later, only to discover on the way home that they were in my pocket! LOL! *slaps forehead*
- Winds so strong that I gasped as I got out of the car and swallowed my gum! Seriously, involuntarily swallowing something just feels so wrong.
- Watching 'It's a Wonderful Life', with the kids, until they fell asleep. I'll have to rent it so they can catch the end.
- Getting in the hot tub with the kids, in undies and a t-shirt, late on Christmas Eve.
- Seeing a nasty, huge desert beetle while hiking (pictured).




8 comments:
Sounds like you had a great time! :)
Highlights of reading your blog entry:
* The picture of you and DS by the giant turtle. You look like you're freezing!
* Wondering how your bright green panties ended up in your pocket. LOL!
* It's a Wonderful Life. :) My Christmas tradition. I watched with DD that same night. You should definitely rent it.
OMH, I have been to that dinosaur place. I went when I was a kid a few times. I forgot about that place.
Glad you had a nice holiday. *smooch*
Yay for such a great trip!!
I actually talked about you, Mark and Bravie on Christmas. Our nephew is seeing a girl from Sacremento (*has flashback from "Blast from the Past" but then remembers that was Pasadena so forgets flashback*). They went to see her dad for Christmas, and I told them how I had gone to SF to see Bravie and then driven up to Sacremento by myself on a big highway that crossed a big bridge.
I love the pictures, especially the ones of your kids. It's funny to look at your slideshow and see them as sweet little ones and then to see how big they are now. Wow!
Yeah, I'm also wondering what you were doing with underwear in your pocket. Weirdo. :P
You do such neat things with your kids. I'm sure they'll always remember the fun times you guys had.
*besa*
LOL, the panties; basically, I wore them into the jacuzzi and then let them dry over night...when I was packing, I picked them up (they were dry) and then my memory of it stops. Not sure how they ended up in my pocket, but I was so relieved they were not floating around gmas house.
MTW, the pic of me with DS was where it was insanely windy and yes, very cold!
Carey, I think that place was in a Pee Wee movie...something about a bike?
Boo, yes the kids are getting so big! Both are taller than me now and doing laundry is a hassle because DS's jeans and mine look the same (DD wears those nasty skinny jean types, yuck!).
What bridge are you talking about? The one out of SF?
Thanks, Jen. *besa*
Good for you - driving down to visit your grandma!
When did you discover the panties in your pocket?
*hopes it was when paying for gas or something fun like that*
Aren't grandma's great?
Those dinosaurs are fun! I've seen them up close, too. You look soooo cold by the giant turtle! My friend was in Palm Springs, too, and she said it was cold and windy. However, they went into the pool anyway. Did you drive by those big windmills?
Post a Comment