I'm getting a late start on my Friday update because I didn't get home last night until 2:30 am, so I actually haven't been awake long. I took the kids and my good-SIL out to the country to watch the meteor shower. Did anyone else see it? We literally saw hundreds of shooting stars! The kids were asleep pretty early, but Randi and I managed to endure the freezing temps until 2am. I hated leaving so early, but I knew there was just no way we were going to make it another couple hours. I decided the kids could skip school today since they were out so late. All in all, we had a great time. :)
Last night, my neighbor came over asking for our newspaper. He's done it in the past because he likes certain coupons, so I assumed that's what he wanted. Instead, he explained to me that his mother died on Saturday, unexpectedly, after having hip surgery. She recovered from the surgery and was going to be released within a day or two, when a blood clot killed her. He is devastated. He's a big, construction type guy and it was really uncomfortable to see him there, crying. I didn't know what to do. *sigh* Today, I am going to get a card and then make something to send over. Is banana bread and flowers good? I just don't know what they need. Any ideas?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




9 comments:
I think banana bread and flowers would be lovely. How very, very sad.
I did not know anything about a meteor shower. I think I may have gone to sleep about the same time - long night for lots of reasons.
*smooch*
Happy Friday!
I agree with Boo. Banana bread and flowers is perfect.
I love shooting stars. They bring back memories! :)
Last nights meteor shower was supposed to be one of the best ones all year. The shooting stars were not especially long or bright, but there were tons of them.
Maybe you can get a nap in, Boo?
MTW, they bring back memories for me, too. I've always loved them and have slept outside many a nights just to watch them. Sleeping on a trampoline is the funnest way.
Didya give your neighbor a hug?
Not really, mom. I kinda reached out and squeezed his shoulder. It was so awkward, and I did wonder if I should have hugged him.
Yes, banana bread and flowers is fine. How considerate of you.
*****
Hope you have a great weekend.
You're so thoughtful! I guess he wanted to see the obituary, right? My friend, Skyraider's daugther died yesterday. She left behind a daughter. So sad.
*pout* I missed teh showers. :(
I think the flowers and bread are a very nice idea. *smooch*
Aw, I think the bread and flowers is perfect.
Puffy, I'm sorry to hear about Skyraider's daughter. How much death can one family take in succession? So sad.
Post a Comment