Thursday, September 27, 2007

Busy times

For starters, we finally gave the kids their 6th grade graduation presents. Well, we *did* throw them a pool party back in June, but they both knew they'd be getting something else. We just couldn't figure out what. Recently, because of our trip to Canada, I decided to make DD's dream of having a pink digital camera come true. DS was harder so he got a gift card from Best Buy. DD was thrilled with her present! DS later admitted that while he couldn't complain, he was halfway expecting cell phones because that was another thing they'd been asking for. Apparently, it is absolute child abuse to send your kids to Jr. High without one. *rolls eyes* What they didn't know, was that we had already ordered them phones. Not because they wanted one, but because I started to realize that with the proper rules in place, them having phones would be really helpful to me. So, last night, we hid the new phones in their backpacks and while we were all in the living room together, DH and I called them. It was hilarious watching them dig through the backpacks, not sure of what was going on, lol!

Besides that, I've been busy packing and doing a little shopping. I obviously needed new clothes and jewelry, right? *grin* I went to Old Navy for jeans and later, mom and I went shopping for warmer tops. I got some cute stuff, including a new blazer. *sheepish grin* But! The blazer is NOT lined down the sleeves and it has tiny blue pinstripes, so it is very different from my other ones and therefore, a necessary buy. I got a $10 purse at Old Navy too. Very cute. I also got a bunch of new necklaces and earrings, but won't describe them (seriously, how mundane can I be?).

So I think I'm ready. I'm not dwelling on the fact that I'll be flying tonight. I think I'll be fine. *deep breaths* Wish me luck!

You all have a great Friday and weekend! I'll come back with lots of pics to share. *smooches*



13 comments:

kim (weltek) said...

Aw, that was a really cute way to give the kids their phones!

I should've gone shopping with you. I need accesories.

mtw said...

I was going to post the same thing Kim said about the phones. I'll bet they were happy as well as surprised! :-)

Have fun, MM! *smooch*

MM said...

It was fun! At one point, DD was so confused that she thought we put *our* cell phones in the backpacks, as a joke. she called me a dork as she was rummaging thru to find it. Then I got a big kiss and hug when she realized it was her own. They were really shocked. *giggle*

momma said...

Yay for phones and cameras and such! And double yay for new clothes!!! I desperately need to go shopping. Old Navy has cute stuff? Hmm...

MM said...

Old Navy has a very cute new line of fall/winter stuff. You should check it out! We spent $130 and got 2 pairs of jeans, 1 purse and probably 6 shirts. Not bad!

Anonymous said...

I didn't think you were going to be here today.

Have a great trip!!

*hugs for the plane*

MM said...

As of now, I am no longer here. :(

I'll miss you guys! Take care and have a great weekend!

mtw said...

Have a fun trip, mm. Sorry you'll miss Boo's blog party. Let us know when you've gotten home safely!

Puffy said...

I always look forward to your vacation pictures.

May I go shopping with you, please?

Jen said...

What a good mom you are. :)

I desperately need to go shopping for clothes and such. And Tate's birthday is next week. I haven't a clue what to buy him. *sigh*

Have a fun trip! *besa!*

~Nutz said...

Are you having fun yet?

Glowie said...

Love the cell phone story! So cute.

Bravie said...

Did ya make it home?