Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Need Advice!

Ok, I have no idea why, but I am seriously considering changing my hair again. I need advice on two things: one, should I go back to my lighter roots? Here are a couple pictures of me with my natural hair color. I'm using my BF (hope she doesn't mind, lol! she reads my blog so she'll let me know) as a good comparison of how "not blond" I was. I guess it is a medium shade? These are very old pics, obviously, lol! So should I wait until spring to lighten it? Isn't that how most people do it?

I also need to decide whether to cut my hair. It doesn't seem to be growing out like it used to and frankly, it just feels flat and boring. I was considering something closer to my shoulders, but not quite as short as shoulder length. I think it would give me more body and fullness than the long straight style I have now does. Opinions? And do you know if my hair can recover from being cut at my age? I always notice that the older women get, the shorter their hair gets too. I'm not quite ready to never have long hair again.

I can also darken it again (I'm due right now) and go for the cut before leaving for Canada. I'm trying to decide before I leave.






This last picture just made me laugh. It's another reason my younger brother probably doesn't like me. I do maintain I was trying to baptize him, not drown him. *grin* Plus, it shows my natural childhood color.




So does everyone here stick to a certain color and style, or do you routinely change it?

24 comments:

mtw said...

I vote for your natural color and shorten it slightly.

kim (weltek) said...

I agree with MTW. Something that falls an inch or so below your shoulders and has some layers would really give you a great new look.

momma said...

I vote for your natural color (or close to it) as personally, I think your color now is too dark for you. Plus, if you lighten it now, the color contrast won't look as harsh as with dark hair when your tan fades.

Go for a few inches shorter now, and if you still want it shorter after your Canada trip, get it cut again. That way it's baby steps and nothing to get freaked out about when you chop off 8 inches of hair AND drastically change the color.

But. That's just me.

momma said...

Oh and about me, since you asked....I routinely change the color of my hair depending on my mood at the moment. But, it's generally in the same color family with varying shades. I've gone from a couple shades darker to several shades lighter many, many times with stops on the in between shades too.

kim (weltek) said...

Oh, and in ME news, I'm going to try a highlighting thingy at home. Wish me luck. It's supposed to bring out hi-and low lights that match your color.Heh, I'll probably just look stripey.

kim (weltek) said...

And, I the Feria bronze shimmer color. Love it.
http://tinyurl.com/2wwdb4

kim (weltek) said...

And I apparently can't type. You know what I meant up there.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Mark and Kim.

I am obviously in a hair rutright now because of the Locks of Love thing. I saw someone last week with my next "style" I think.

I used to lighten in the summer (highlights) just to give me a summer do. I would like to darken it, but I don't want to look too pale.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Mark and Kim.

I am obviously in a hair rutright now because of the Locks of Love thing. I saw someone last week with my next "style" I think.

I used to lighten in the summer (highlights) just to give me a summer do. I would like to darken it, but I don't want to look too pale.

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

I have my hair LIGHTER than the medium brown/dishwater blond it's supposed to be, because it's not as easy to see the grey hair... but then, I must just be old, not a young spring chicken, like you!!

Jen said...

I would lighten it up, but maybe not as light as your natural haircolor. Maybe a medium brown? Your natural color seems like a dark blonde to me. And I'm always up for people getting new hairstyles (I wish I had the guts/ideas for one) so I say go with the cut, too! You'll be gorgeous no matter what. :)

As for me, I used to home color and/or highlight my hair, but I haven't done that in several years. I would like something different though. Tell you what, you color yours and I'll color mine! 'Cept I have no idea what would look good on me. I've always been some shade of dark brown. Hmmmm.

Bravie said...

I say shave it into a mohawk.

MM said...

Ok, here's the thing. The darker color IS kinda dark on me, but it also makes my eyes not so blah looking, which I like. My eyes are a medium shade, so a medium shade hair color usually cancels each other out. I think right now what I will do is leave the color alone. It is already fading from the home color treatment I did months ago, and I'll go for a good cut. Something shorter. Nobody has told me if it will grow back though!

MM said...

Ans *snort* @ Bravie. I'll save that for summer. Right now I'd get too cold.

Jen, do it! Put some blonde streaks in it, maybe? Do you have bangs?

Jen said...

I tried bangs once. It was not a good idea. Aside from not looking good, they drove me crazy and I kept pushing them back out of my face.

Jen said...

And yes, your hair will grow back.

arkie said...

If you've ever seen a pic of me, you know I have no business giving hair advice, so I'll just leave this comment about that last pic.

I don't think you put your hand on the person's neck when you are baptizing them. That looks like a combination drowning/choking attempt to me. *grin*

Puffy said...

You pixeled out part of your brother's body.

I agree about older women's hair getting shorter and shorter. I don't like long gray hair, though.

If you cut it, it will grow back.

MM said...

What about a long side bang, Jen? Hmm, no. Never mind. You have a perfect complexion and you should not cover that up. What about the streaks?

LOL Arkie! I was still learning how to baptize back then. I'm much better now. *grin*

Good eye, Puffy! I was trying to be modest and didn't want child porners on this site. I am going to get brave and cut it. yay!

MM said...

Umm, I mean cut my hair of course. Not anything else. Heh.

Schnookie said...

LMAO at pixalating your baby brother's nether region. Didn't you photoshop a bathing suit on a bathtub pic once? LOL you're adorable!

I'm going to go against what everyone says and say keep your darker shade or go just a little lighter. I agree with you that it brings out your eyes more. You're hair will definitely grow back so good for you on trying a shorter cut.

I've pretty much been sticking to the same style the past couple of years but going a little shorter each time because my hair grows back really quickly. I'd like to go lighter next time I go in because I think it brightens up my face.

Aislinn Sirk said...

I'm just pissed about you going to Victoria.

My hair is way too blonde right ow.

MM said...

LOL Nookie, yes I did! It's all about modesty in this blog! ;-)

I like that you endorse the darker hair. I get nostalgic sometimes for the lighter shade of my youth, but I've enjoyed being a true brunette, too! How lucky that your hair grows in so fast!

*sticks tongue out at the blondie*

kim (weltek) said...

I can see what you mean about the dark color bringing out your eyes. Maybe a cut will be just the trick.

My hair grows really fast. Mine was about 4-5 inches shorter in November of 06, so in less than a year I've grown a lot back.