1. My kids spent the night with my ex-SIL and her two kids. I have been slowly reconnecting with her after a two year break. It feels good to forgive, and better yet, to realize it was never my place to judge her. I'm glad to have her back in my life.
2. I am going to Victoria, BC in two weeks! Yay! There is a Titanic exhibit at the museum and we will visit family while we are there. It's actually just DD and me, my parents and my older brother. Other than flying, I'm very excited about it.
3. I have been reading a book lately that I recommend to everyone. It is called Making Life Work, by Tom Zinkle. It consists of things we are mostly taught growing up (ideally) but written so effectively that it is like learning it all over again. While reading this book, I've actually felt a tangible change in my attitude towards life, and others. I'm not the biggest 'self-help book' advocate (other than How to Win Friends and Influence People), but here I am, annoyingly preaching about one. Sorry! ;-)
4. What started as a tense scolding towards DS tonight, ended with my climbing up on his loft-bed with him for an hour tonight. I didn't want him going to sleep on a bad note so I went in to see where he was at, emotionally. We had a great talk (way more effective than the scolding, really) and I *hope* nights like tonight actually sink in and make a difference. This kid is motivated mostly by money, and I'm tired of feeling like that is all he cares about. Seriously, if someone gives him cash as a gift, the first thing he asks is, "do I have to spend it?". I'm all for being smart with your money, but seriously, it worries me to a small degree because I'm not seeing a balance here. I'm not sure how to change how someone feels about something though, so I'm feeling frustrated by this. *sigh*
5. My older brother has not heard from his soon-to-be ex-wife for a week now. He's already gaining some weight back and looking better. We even watched two movies together this weekend! It's nice having him back.
6. We got a new Tivo box! When our old one died, I was horrified to realize that DirecTv was no longer affiliated with Tivo. The one they gave us was so much harder to navigate. So I bought a new one on Ebay and am thrilled to see my little Tivo guy on my set again. :) *waves to MTW*
7. I'm trying to soak up the last of the summer rays before it's too late. Can anyone tell me what to expect in terms of my tan fading? It's been so long since I worked hard at getting one, and I don't know what to expect. Will I turn totally white again over the winter? Will it be like starting all over again when summer starts next year?
8. Hall and Oats: Who loves them? I must say, if they are ever in my neck of the woods, I am SO there. I love those guys.
9. My Valentine: I hope you had a great birthday! I thought of you often and wished I could have been there to make you a cake. :) *besa*
10. I end on a #10 because 9 just feels so unfinished. *grin*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




8 comments:
Happy Birthday! *grin* *smoooooooooch* ::love::
#9! #9! #9!
*grin*
Yay for so many of your randoms - reconnecting, the Canada trip, the book, and your brother.
My older DD is very conservative with money and mostly prefers to save any gift money (then have us spend OUR money on HER). I think it's better to be at this end of the extreme than the other.
*waves back* Glad you were able to get a new TiVo box. One of ours is dying - only one tuner works, and my HD-TiVo is also having problems; one tuner won't receive some of the stations. I may have to eventually go to the dark side of the non-Tivo Direct DVR.
Your tan will completely disappear and you'll start from square one next year.
Hall and Oates - we need more information. What songs do you like? If you're talking Private Eyes, then BLECH. If you're talking Sara Smile or Rich Girl or Kiss On My List, then YAY. :-)
#10 should be a smooch, preferably directed at me. :-)
Thanks Glow! *giggle*
Ack! Breezy's messing with my OCD-ness!
MTW, thanks alot for the downer tan info! *glares*
I loved So Close from the early 90's, and almost all their other, older stuff as well. I also love Journey, Air Supply, REO Speedwagon...*sigh* I just miss all that type of music.
*smooch* <--directed at MTW
I will be in Canada in 10 days. *grin*
cool eh?
MM, I saw Hall and Oates last weekend on Sept 8. The Spinners were the opening act. They were great! The saxophone player is amazing.
I think their group should be called Hall and Company because Daryl Hall did all the singing and John Oates just emotionlessly played his guitar. And it looks like John has had bad plastic surgery.
I'm very blase' (sp?) about Hall and Oates. I could take them or leave them. I used to love to sing along with Private Eyes as a kid, though.
Yay for bonding with your son, your brother and reconnecting with your SIL.
Post a Comment