Wednesday, September 19, 2007

your weakness?

For me, every time I go shopping there are 6 temptations that I can't resist.

Mine are shoes, (no surprise) purses, blazers, lip glosses, jewelry and candles. When I shop, I almost always come home with one of those things. Doesn't matter a whole lot if I need any of those things, either. I mean honestly, I have at least ten blazers, twice as many purses and good lord, I'm not going to count my shoes. Even now, on my desk I have at least 9 candles (in jars) and about the same amount in lip glosses. It's a curse.




What are yours? What thing always draws you in?

14 comments:

Glowie said...

blankets, underwear, shoes, purses, and music always draw me in but I no longer buy something from that lot every time I go shopping.

thndrkttn said...

Bath gel, lotion, perfume. Thank goodess there is no LUSH store in Charlotte. That would be a bad, bad thing. Oh and lately flip flops. Since I'm not working, it's very rare that I have anything on my feet other than flip flops.

kim (weltek) said...

Oooh, good post.

Mine are: lotion, face cleanser/scrub, & cooking sauces. Sometimes it's makeup.

Schnookie said...

I love buying pj's, sandals, and candles. And I always go crazy buying body lotions and shower gels when Body Works has their semi-annual sales.

Jen said...

Makeup- specifically eyeshadows and lip glosses. And candles, but I've been better about not buying any lately since I got a candle warmer and the candles don't burn down, so they last forever.

I absolutely hate shoes and I am never tempted by them. As a result, I only have about 5 pairs that I wear on a regular basis. I really need to get some new ones for winter. I need new clothes, too. Hell, I need new everything. I hate shopping!!! *pout*

mtw said...

Candy! That's all. :-)

MTW <-- not kidding

kim (weltek) said...

I wish I was into shoes. I'm like Jen and only have a few "core" pairs I wear.

And I'd like to start a good pj habit. Nookie-where do you buy good pjs? I sometimes get cheapos at Kohls and they aren't very comfie.

thndrkttn said...

Kim, Old Navy always has really cute pj pants and they are very reasonable.

arkie said...

Books.

Schnookie said...

I used to get some nice flannel pj's at La senza but that's in Canada.

I just buy them anywhere (JCP, Kohl's, Target). I don't buy pricey pj's and I love the flannel pj's.

I'm due for a new pair.

kim (weltek) said...

Good call on Old Navy for pjs. I always have hit-or-miss luck there, so don't go that often.

MM said...

Glow: Blankets? Hmm. Cute blankets? Soft ones? What draws you to them?

Tkit, I used to be a major toiletry person! My collection was so big things would expire before I could use them, lol!

Kim, cooking sauces is an interesting one. That's for like, the kitchen room, right? *grin*

Nookie, PJs are something I could use more of. I tend to sleep in the same ol' stuff. mostly t-shirts. But now that winter is coming, maybe I'll get me a pair. :)

Jen... Maybe when you hit 30 that will change. I hated all that stuff until I hit 30. Weird. Too bad we can't go shopping together.

*offers MTW some sour worms*

*waves to Arkie* I love books too! I still have so many I haven't read. Sometimes I forget if I've read them until I'm half way through and then something reminds me. *snort*

Bravie said...

Flips flops
luggage and backpacks
flip flops
anything 49ers
flips flops
iPod accessories
flip flops
books
flips flops
And if there is a Mrs. Fields store I will always buy at LEAST one butter toffee cookie and a milk.
flip flops

Aislinn Sirk said...

Crack cocaine