Monday, February 26, 2007

Which is worse? Part 1, of Friday night:

On Friday night, I was at my mom's house having a Cookie Lee jewelry party. There were lots of people there, and it went well. The only awkward part was when I had to pretend to leave, in order to get another woman (Jennifer) to leave. She likes my brother and he was there with a friend, out in the hottub, and we were getting the feeling that this girl wasn't going to leave until she had no choice. So I made the kids come with me, and we left. It was 11pm. She left too, so I doubled back to my mom's, to help clean up. When I got back, I went out to the hottub to tell my brother that Jennifer was gone. I was there for a couple hours after that, cleaning up. At around 11:45, my cell phone rang and it was a "private number" so I let it go to voicemail. I checked the message right after that, and this is what it said;

"call me back, bitch".

The voice was very strange. Almost inhuman, I thought. A little while later, it rang again. This time it said, (the message on voice mail)

"I told you to call me back. This is your second warning. Do not disappoint me. You know who this is. I know you're there."

I turned my cell phone on silent after this. I was sure it was either a crank call, or a wrong number. I knew it wasn't actually for me. I had let my parents and brother hear the first two messages, and didn't want them to worry anymore. As I was leaving their house, I checked and had a third message. This one sounded even more menacing and angry.

"Why aren't you answering your phone? I told you to call me. This is not a joke. If I have to call you again, you will regret it"

The words were very enunciated and annoyed. I was getting scared. I called my friend to talk to as I drove home, and to tell her about the calls. She didn't answer her phone. She called me right back though, and I answered it. The problem? She always comes up as a "private caller" too, so I assumed it was her. It wasn't. I had just answered the phone to the psycho killer. This time he said the same things about me not calling him back, that I was supposed to, and that I now had to "watch my back". I kept saying "hello?" in a friendly, unfrightened way, thinking if whoever it was didn't think I could hear him, or that I wasn't scared, that maybe that would deter him. He must have been caught off guard by this, because he hung up right away.

Immediately after, my friend called me back (the one I had tried to call). I told her what was going on and we talked about it as I drove home. The freak called my phone again while I was talking to my friend. I let it go to voicemail. I said I was going to answer it the next time, and say "hello" over and over and then in a nice friendly voice, say, "I can't hear you, so I'm turning my phone off...sorry". I assumed by now the caller was using a voice changer thing. He sounded just like the psycho killers in the movies, do. I thought maybe he would think it was not working properly if I didn't sound scared and then turned the phone off.

So, a couple minutes later, I get another call. I answered it. I started my "hellos" and the voice asked me, "Are you scared? Are you afraid?" a couple times. I didn't answer him. I was quiet. Then he said, "don't be afraid. I won't hurt you. Nobody's going to hurt you".

I listened in silence, without responding to him. I halfway expected him to say, "you're on scare tactics" or something like that (scare tactics was a short lived hidden camera show that I liked, where they would scare the carp out of people and then right before they revealed it was a joke, they would ask the 'victim' "are you scared?"). But he didn't. In the next few minutes, I would go from relief, to anger, to discomfort, and then to fear again.

I'll finish the story tomorrow.




13 comments:

thndrkttn said...

Holy Hell?!! I would have been terrified. Heck, I am terrified FOR you!! And how are you going to leave us until tomorrow? Please tell me you got to the bottom of this. That's some scary stuff. *shudder*

kim (weltek) said...

ACK! I'd have been scared shitless! You are so brave...I can't wait to hear what happened!

Glowie said...

Gah! What the hell?

Bravie said...

I would call your cell phone company and ask them if they can track the call.

Jen said...

OMG! I would be peeing myself.
Hurry up and finish the story! I'm worried now. :(
*hugs*

mm said...

I definitely need to finish the story. As you can see, I'm fine. It was all too long to post at once, and also, in a way, I wanted you (my blog friends) to truly understand what I went though, by not knowing how it was going to end...(until it did). Not to scare you, but because at the end, I will want some honest opinions about how to proceed.

~Nutz said...

OMG! You can't leave us hanging like this! Tell us the rest... NOW!!!

*waits*

mtw said...

Are you sure you're okay? How do we know it's *you* posting replies and not *him*???

I can hunt down the creep for you if you want me to!

frodis said...

I'd have been terrified. Heck, I get creeped out when people call and hang up without saying anything. My imagination gets going, which is almost always bad. I can't imagine what I'd do if I got the voicemails and calls that you had to deal with.

Scary.

kim (weltek) said...

Well there goes my theory that it was MTW.

lights said...

Holy crap! That gave me freakin' chills! Get you butt back here and tell us the rest of the story!

Be careful sweetie! *hugs*

momma said...

I know I posted earlier today. I swear I did.

Tab, this is too frightening. Especially given all the other bizarro stuff lately. *hugs* Call your cell phone company and the police, if you can figure out who it is.

Puffy said...

Ack, I didn't read this until 2 days after you posted.