My house smelled like something had died in it. And it was really freaking me out. I thought I had the smell cornered, so I looked under every couch cushion, behind the couches, under the couches, in the magazine rack thingy...everywhere. The smell would get worse after the heat kicked on. I was about to go insane, when I got the good news. The kids found the source of the smell. It was a decomposing bird that the (bad) cat brought in and left behind DS's bedroom door. His room is right behind the living room, so my senses were not that off. Anyhow, since he never closes his door, it went unnoticed. How sad is that? I still can't understand how it didn't smell worse in his room, but whatever. The good thing is, it's gone now. :) *breathes deeply in the clean air*
The End.
Anything new with you?
Wednesday, February 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




10 comments:
Yucky. We had that problem a long long time ago. We had these neighbors that were disgusting. At one point we were getting a smell out of our utility closet that was clearly that of something dead.
After investigating, we found that a rat got into our garage, crawled into a space under the closet and died.
We have since gotten rid of the dirty neighbors and we also put an electronic rodent getter ridder of <--very technical, and haven't had a problem since. *grin*
*holds nose*
*sprays Febreze*
Icky.
I hate that smell. You can taste it too. *shivers*
I bought some air freshener at Big Lots last night. Want some?
*sprays blog*
I'm eating gummi worms right now. It's 11am. Heh.
*gag* Swami, that comment really wan't necessary.
Mmmm. I want some of Jen's gummi worms. And I agree with Kim!
*shoves Swami out of blog*
*holds nose*
*switches MM to new Blogger*
The dead bird might appreciate the gummi worms. UGH! Dead bird in house. Did you shampoo the carpet behind the door? What a way to end a life:
Behind.a.door.nobody.noticing
Puffy, sadly that is the way my grandfather died. He was living in a small trailer in Las Vegas. Only when someone noticed his newspapers piling up in front of the door did someone think something might be wrong.
Sorry to hear that, Mom2. There was a story in the news a couple of weeks ago about a man who had been dead for 1 year. He was found in front of the TV, which was still on after a year!
{{hugs}} mom2!
Post a Comment