In other (random) news, I have decided that someday I want to try gumbo. Does it have to have shrimp in it? I don't think I can do shrimp. I also want to try Thai food.
And I want to get a real job. I want to be self-sufficient. I don't want to worry about whether I can take care of myself and my children, should the need arise. I'm thinking of applying for a state job, but dear god the website is so overwhelming.
I'm feeling a bit out of sorts lately, and hope to find some peace soon. I don't think I mentioned that I am no longer speaking to my parents. I know I will have to soon, but not yet. I have never been more disgusted with them than I have been this week. Apparently, because I am their child, I have no right to privacy and my life should be an open book. Especially if they don't approve of my friends. So when mom asks me an open ended question and I asked her why she wanted to know, I was displaying a "bad attitude" and it was cause to worry. It was then ok for her to yell at me and be rude and sarcastic, all while I have to force myself to be respectful, since I *am* the child after all.
You know when kids yell "I hate you" to the parent? I never did that once when I was a kid. Now that I'm 31? It's what I was thinking while talking to her. Here's a laugh, she accused me of wanting to "cut her out of my life" just because I said I wanted to be independent of my parents. OK, that was enough about her.
Guess I needed to vent, lol.
I also wanted to say Happy Valentine's Day to all my blog friends. And a special one to Jen. *smooches Jen* I got an early Valentine's gift already. It is a heavenly scented coconut vanilla candle from B&BW. For some reason, it smells really sexy to me. *sniff - swoon*




7 comments:
Grrrr, Blogger ate my post. So I'll just say...*evil grin*
Just cuz I know it makes you nervous. :)
I just find it hard to believe that you haven't been forced to switch yet.
Happy Love Day to you too. This is Carey's favorite day of the year, so I think we should all go to her blog to celebrate.
Happy Valentine's Day to you!
I am always amazed how many parents never really get that their kids have grown into adults. I will admit, when they are 17 - 20 years old and still under your roof the relationship transition takes some work, but it's so worth taking a conscious effort to respect your children for the wonderful people they have become.
As the youngest child in my family I watched my mom do this seperation thing flawlessly several times. I think having that model really helped me when it was my turn to just let my kids go from my control.
I think that all sounds good. Being self sufficient is a wonderful feeling. It's nice to have someone to depend on, but it's not nice to need someone.
*Valentines smooches*
I hope you find your peace soon. And *wack* to momma mm. Sheesh.
I am so proud of you for wanting to be more independent, and taking steps to change your life. Being more independent is something I still struggle with, but I am getting better. It is a good feeling, even though it can be scary at times. Your mom needs to back off. She should be supporting your decision, not making it harder. *frowns at mom*
Happy Valentine's Day, my love. I adore you. :*
*besa*
Wow. You are doing a lot of thinking and searching lately.
*hugs* Tab. You do what's right for you and your little family.
Post a Comment