Monday, February 19, 2007

*whew*

::disclaimer::

It's not my fault I live in California and the weather was in the low - mid 70s this weekend. /disclaimer

So, on Saturday morning, DH was at work and the kids and I didn't know what to do. We decided on having a picnic in the park, followed by some soccer and tossing the football around. We went to Wal-Mart first to buy two new soccer balls. I guess that makes much more sense than buying a pump and reviving the existing soccer balls we keep in the backyard. They each picked a new one, and off we went. Then we hit Bel Air (grocery store) to get picnic-ish type food. Strawberries, blackberries and lunchables (gag).

Have you ever felt so happy about doing something that you foolishly believe for a moment that you are about 10 years younger and about 25lbs lighter? That was me. I got my butt kicked (not by the kids, just by playing too hard). DS *did* say he was surprised I had "such a strong arm", lol! After playing at the park, we met my dad on the nature trail and then went to another park, where we played a little more. By the end of the day, I'm pretty sure I was limping. It felt good though. That night I went to dinner with my cousin. I didn't get home until after 10pm, so it was a long day.

Sunday was pretty uneventful, I guess. Beautiful out, though! Went to a chinese place called Panda Buffet. Totally not my thing. I won't go back. And that's after buying for myself, my brother and our children (four total) and it costing $54! Expensive lesson. Oh well.

So backtracking a bit; on Thursday I got a special package in the mail. *smile* It had a beautiful giftbag full of goodies from Bath and Body works. I? Now smell like a Red Hot (the candy) but with a slightly sweeter, softer smell mixed in. And my lips are tasty too! *red hot smooch*

I must be the luckiest girl on earth to have a Valentine like her! *besa to my Valentine*

p.s. I have not switched to new blogger yet. I fear I will lose my current blog layout. :(



18 comments:

kim (weltek) said...

Sounds like a divine time! I'm glad you still can play like you are a teenager!

*smooches to you and your Valentine*

Bravie said...

Isn't it great to live here? *grin*
Yay for you and your Valentine. You make a cute couple. *evil grin*
You know I have to leave an evil grin in my posts. :)

Bravie said...

Oh, and I always feel 20 years younger when I poot.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like so much fun. I can't wait until it warms up and Conner and Neighbor Boy can play again.

Plus we'll get to build the new swingset.

Jen said...

I had to go back and read this post again, because I thought you said you were playing soccer, and was confused why DS would say you had a strong arm. LOL. But I see that you were also playing football. :)
*swoons over MM, the jock*

I'm wearing my necklace today. *smile*

Puffy said...

Alas, I switched to new blogger. *hangs head in shame* At least I don't have to fear it anymore.

Same weather here this weekend. Gorgeous!

Zombs said...

How do you eat your panda? Do they skin them first? Fried?

mtw said...

I've been to Panda Buffet. I think it was there that I decided I don't do Chinese buffets anymore! It wasn't even that bad, but it's just that everything is so sweet and greasy I don't think you can help but leave feeling sick.

Zombs, like most buffets, their "panda" dishes have hardly any panda at all. Mostly veggies and if you're lucky, maybe you'll find a small chunk or two of panda mixed in there.

mtw said...

I've been to Panda Buffet. I think it was there that I decided I don't do Chinese buffets anymore! It wasn't even that bad, but it's just that everything is so sweet and greasy I don't think you can help but leave feeling sick.

Zombs, like most buffets, their "panda" dishes have hardly any panda at all. Mostly veggies and if you're lucky, maybe you'll find a small chunk or two of panda mixed in there.

mtw said...

I've been to Panda Buffet. I think it was there that I decided I don't do Chinese buffets anymore! It wasn't even that bad, but it's just that everything is so sweet and greasy I don't think you can help but leave feeling sick.

Zombs, like most buffets, their "panda" dishes have hardly any panda at all. Mostly veggies and if you're lucky, maybe you'll find a small chunk or two of panda mixed in there.

mtw said...

I've been to Panda Buffet. I think it was there that I decided I don't do Chinese buffets anymore! It wasn't even that bad, but it's just that everything is so sweet and greasy I don't think you can help but leave feeling sick.

Zombs, like most buffets, their "panda" dishes have hardly any panda at all. Mostly veggies and if you're lucky, maybe you'll find a small chunk or two of panda mixed in there.

mm said...

umm, hi MTW.

LOL!

mtw said...

I have very strong feelings about Panda Buffet. Can you tell?

*smooch*

mtw said...

I have really strong feelings about Panda Buffet. Can you tell?

*smooch*

mm said...

I can see that. :)

*wonders if I should start a blog post about how bad Peet's Coffee is*

mm said...

I can see that. :)

*wonders if I should start a blog post about how bad Peet's Coffee is*

mm said...

Hey! Why didn't your icon show up in any of those four comments??

Puffy said...

mtw, I can help you with that stuttering, if you want.