Ok, enough of that other, stinky post. :)
Two things to say tonight:
American Idol ... I am in love with Blake Lewis. I was really hoping, before he even started singing, that he *could* sing, since I liked his silly beat boxing thing. Then he blew me away. As of right now, I'm rooting for him. I also liked Jared. *waves to Jen* I'm not good with names yet, so I'll add more after the group has thinned out some. The girls tonight? Hmm...not sure yet. A couple stood out, but I don't know their names. I do really like the one girl, Alaina I think. I think she's cute. Yes, I'm being shallow here. Sue me.
Second thing,... I was thinking about grammar school memories yesterday and today, and wondered how many of you remember your K - 6 years as well I as I do. I guess I remember the most from 3 - 6 (grades), to be honest. For some reason, I remembered out of the blue yesterday, that I used to lie to kids all the time. I convinced one girl I was related to Wonder Woman and could fly (among other powers). I used to make crap up all the time. And kids believed me! *proud smile* <--completely embarrassed by this.
I convinced my cousins I was color blind after falling off the trampoline. They held up all kinds of things and asked me to name the color.
I convinced my older brother and cousin that I saw a creature resembling ET in the field behind her house. And these people believed me! Ha!
So confess, what bad things did you do when you were little?




13 comments:
You little fibber you!!
I did enjoy school, so I remember my teachers really well! We moved in the middle of my 2nd grade year, and to this day I still keep in touch with the teacher I left. She now sends little treats to my kids on each of the holidays... It's really cool!
I was a pretty good kid, but I got into trouble at elementary school fairly often because I bored out of my mind most of the time and the principal had it in for me. (She really did - all the other kids recognized this simple fact of life.)
Anyway, one time I was sent to the office towards the end of the school day, and left alone there. So I changed the official school clock (the one that controlled the bell) by moving it back twelve minutes.
No one noticed. So when the dismissal bell rang every classroom teacher assumed their clock was wrong and they didn't realize what was happening until we kids were all out the door. (No buses at that school.) It was a very fun moment! But apart from misbehaviour I was known as a kid of almost pathological honesty
I should have said I moved it ahead by twelve minutes! We all got out early, not late.
I was an angel back then.
*adjusts halo*
*shove* I'm in love with Blake! I guess we'll just have to share him. ;-)
I don't lie very often, but this one is funny.
In 7th grade I broke my arm. I got so sick of everyone asking how it happened (because it's a long story. I couldn't just say I fell and leave it at that.) One day, this really stupid girl asked me how I had broken my arm. Jokingly, I said I had been wrestling alligators and one of them broke my arm. She believed me! So, I kept up the lie for a little bit, making up stories about alligator wrestling, until I felt bad and told her I was just joking. Everyone sitting around us thought it was pretty funny. :)
When I was about 6, I wrote swear words on a bunch of little pieces of paper. Then I disstributed them throughout the neighborhood in the bushes and trees and yards of the neighbors.
I also took a friend down the street and we painted a man's white picket fence. We painted it blue. he didn't care for us.
My parents came for a visit about two years ago. My friends asked them to tell stories about me getting in trouble as a kid. This is the best my mother could come up with:
"I took HD to the grocery when he was about three or four. I looked away for a few moments and when I turned back he had about a dozen Chiquita banana stickers stuck all over his face."
I was the good kid. Don't ask about what kind of trouble my brother managed.
*snort* You are so wickedly clever!
Grade school left me with some very fond, vivid memories. I loved my tiny country school. One of my favorite parts? Every year a writing team was assembled to write our Christmas program. Sometimes it was an original story, other times a re-write of traditional faves. The whole school then had parts and many weeks revolved around rehearsals, etc.
I forged my mom's name on stuff when I was in 3rd grade. Homework, report cards, etc. It wasn't that the grades were bad, I'd just always forget to ask her to sign stuff. I carried a pen around (we weren't allowed to use pens in school until 5th grade - pencil only) to do the forging. I got caught the one day I lost the pen and forged her signature in pencil. But I'd gotten away with it for a long, long time.
When I was 7 my cousin and I wrote a dirtly letter to Harrison Ford, asking him for his, uh, measurements. My parents found it and I blamed the whole thing on my cousin. I said the only part I contributed to the letter were the units of measurement (i.e., we asked for measurements *in inches*)
Wow, I'm an angel compared to all you naughty peeps! LOL at your stories! These are great. Reminds me of more things I did, actually. And now I have to go keep a better eye on my own. *grin*
Inches! LMAO!
&$%#$@#!
*smooches Nutz*
I drew on the sidewalk in front of the school with ice plant. The green liquid inside the plant worked like a marker! LOl at everyone's stories, especially Bravie's swear words.
Post a Comment