Friday, January 26, 2007

Is there a God? (and a small eBay rant)

And if so, why would he create something like this? I've struggled with the idea that sharks were really created by Him. Flowers, I get. Puppies? Absolutely. Babies and rainbows are a gift from him, I know. But sharks? Why? What service do they provide? And please don't bother citing facts about how good they are for the ecosystem. That is irrelevant. These new sharks are ugly and scary. That is really all that should be noted.

And besides the link (that most of you have probably seen on the News) I will add a pic or two of my most horrific shark images. The bottom pic looks like a Megalodon (which *may* still be alive, you never know!).


link to disgustinghorrifyingmonstershark




Oh, and for the ebay thing. I am so pissed at a seller right now. I bought some new lip balm and when it arrived, I opened it to find it was expired (smelled old and waxy). I have written to the seller 4 times, starting with a *very* nice note saying that I will still leave positive feedback, but would like some help addressing the problem. I have not heard back and after looking into their feedback, I noticed that if anyone leaves *them* a negative, they will leave *you* a negative, regardless of whether you paid promptly or not. So not fair! It's like blackmail! Do I take the negative hit and leave them a negative, or let it go? I'm pissed! I have 100% positive feedback right now. I can't believe they're allowed to withhold feedback after the the one part of the transaction is done. /rant]

14 comments:

momma said...

Leave negative feedback...something along the lines of prompt shipment of unknowingly/unadvertised expired products.

Anonymous said...

I think I agree with momma. I'm still not sure about this whole eBay thing. I just don't get it.

Michael has been buying stuff for his car lately, and he purchased some doors that are hard-to-find. They arrived damaged. The sellers are blaming UPS, so now he's in a battle with them.

Anonymous said...

I agree about the sharks.

Glowie said...

but those pictures are photoshopped though, right? Can't watch the youtube at work. :(

I agree with momma on the ebay thing.

Jen said...

Awww. I think the prehistoric shark is kinda cute. *snort*

I don't know anything about eBay. I wouldn't let them get away with sending you expired product though.

Swami said...

This is why I never buy anything perishable on eBay. They have a conflict resolution thing you can go through

Swami said...

DON'T LEAVE POSITIVE FEEDBACK!!! Or any feedback yet.

EBay has a conflict resolution thing you can go through, it's in a sidebar on the left of your My eBay page (probably other places too but that's the one I remember.) They will work with you but it takes a bit of time.

I never buy perishables on eBay. But it works fine for collectibles! I also never buy internationally after one bad experience - which eBay voided for me.

Sharks probably thing people are a PITA and wonder why the Shark God made them.

Aislinn Sirk said...

Negative feedback doesn't hurt a buyer (People will still sell to you) so it'd worth leaving, so others don't get burned. You can also leave your own comment after the feedback you recieve.

Or you can go through the ebay conflict resolution.

kim (weltek) said...

I agree with momma.

And speaking of ebay. I let Chris use my account to sell some things. He'd never used ebay before and listed some items in a strange way. He had two studio lights, but each came with a different accessory. Since they were the same value, he listed them together and DID write it in the description. However, now that he has two winners (each wanted qty 1), he's stuck hoping each wants a different one. If this screws up my feedback, I'm gonna be pissed.

His used lighting kits, lights and an old car stereo netted us over $300 last night. Yay!

mtw said...

Those shark pictures are cool, Photoshopped or not. I don't want to watch the video here at work though.

I soured on ebay after an unpleasant experience over a year ago with a lazy, unscrupulous seller. I haven't been back since, though there are some things I really need to sell there soon.

Debcapsfan said...

There is a God...but he only wants PRE to succeed.

mm said...

I will definitely not leave positive feedback. Right now I am going to wait a little longer in the hopes that the seller replies soon. I might just take the negative hit and then refute it.

And yes, these photos are photoshopped. But the point is the same, sharks are mean and nasty. :P

mm said...

*snort* @ Debs.

yvonne said...

I would not leave any feedback at all, and would use the conflict resolution link Swami noted.

I've been buying and selling (more buying than selling) on ebay for a long time. I've never gotten burned, but I also check out the seller's feedback before I bid.

And LOL @ Deb. *snort*