Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Bleh.

Yep, I got it. The stomach flu. :( How naive to think I would be the only one who wouldn't. So I spent two hours on my mom's bathroom floor trying to sleep through the nausea. I cannot remember the last time I felt this sick (including the night not so long ago that I overdrank). I think I feel better today though. Only got "sick" once (at my mom's) and now I'm just dealing with the all over achiness and headache that follows.

I sincerely hope that nobody out there in blogland gets this!

On Sunday, before I got sick, I went out with a friend. We saw Catch and Release (not very good, I'd pass) and also went to one of my favorite consignment stores. I fell in love with a couple of rings there. One is Peridot, which is my kids birthstone, but it's set in yellow gold. I rarely wear yellow gold anymore. Who here prefers yellow to white? I know white gold is more popular, and *I* think it sets off the color of the gemstone better (than yellow gold). What do you think? Will yellow gold make a comeback?

25 comments:

Jen said...

Icky. :( That sucks, hon. I hope you feel better soon. *smooch*

It's only silver or white gold for me. Not that I wear jewelry, heh. But I *hate* gold. *makes icky face*

Zombs said...

I used to wear yellow gold. My wedding and engagement rings are set in it but now I prefer platinum or white gold or silver.

Guess I have to get new rings!

Feel better. I hate having that!

Phew it is stinky in here!

Bravie said...

*stands back and cover face*

I prefer white gold.

Swami said...

*puts on facemask* Feel better, MM.

Yellow gold looks very good when worn with red. I don't like silver and red, and white gold looks all washed out on a nice red. And yes, I prefer yellow gold to white gold.

I love heirloom jewelry! You can get such beautiful craftsmanship and quality stones in heirloom jewelry. You can also get robbed, lol.

momma said...

Ick. It's made one full round through my house and Rotten1 got thte stomach flu again a couple weeks ago. I haven't gotten it either time. *crosses fingers*

I don't much like yellow gold, never have. In fact, my original engagement ring from DH is yellow gold. My wedding set is white gold. I don't wear my engagement ring. If the ring is cheap enough, buy it and take it to a jeweler to have the stone set in something else or plated.

kim (weltek) said...

I prefer white gold, but let people talk me into yellow gold for my wedding ring. Stupid peeps.

Feel better!

Puffy said...

Hope you feel better soon.

mtw said...

*cuts and pastes from yesterday*

*hopes MM is okay*
*offers her a bucket*
*holds her hair back*
*plugs nose*

*smooch*

The whole white gold thing shocks me. Doesn't it just look like you're wearing silver? What's the point in that?

Anonymous said...

*looks at hand*

What do you mean yellow gold is out?

I love yellow gold. I'm sure I'm the only one, but I love it.

~Nutz said...

*sits with Boo*

*admires her yellow gold jewelry*

*shows her mine*

mm said...

Ack! I didn't mean it was "out", I meant it uh,...wasn't as umm, well crap, I don't know. I thought it was out. Everyone has jumped onto the platinum/white gold bandwagon. I have both, but prefer the way my colored gemstones (think tanzanite and pink sapphire) look with the white, as opposed to the yellow gold.

Jen said...

You know what I just noticed? The avatar on your blog page isn't the same as when you post comments. Intristing.

mm said...

True! Very perceptive, Jen!

*gives Jen a sticker*

Jen said...

Yay! Stickers! I hope it's a silver star. *grin*

Jen said...

How do you do that strike out thing on blogs? I think I've tried doing the s in the brackets before, but it didn't work.

I was going to write:

I hope it's a [silver] white gold star.
*giggle*

Jen said...

what is the a?

testing

Jen said...

Oooh! Linky! Cool. :)

Jen said...

Can you tell I'm bored?

Jen said...

Did you get my email?

mm said...

LOL @ Jen. Nutz knows all the cool blog comment tricks. Now I know what the A does! Yay Jen!

I'll check my email....

mtw said...

*confused*

what is the "a"?

~Nutz said...

Hee. Linky no worky, Jen. :P

I do not believe there is an html code for strikeouts that works for Blogger. At least I haven't found the right one yet.

MM = MisMatched (as in icons) ;-)

Jen said...

MTW- when you're typing in the comment box, right above that it says you can use HTML tags, such as b, i, and a. That's the a I was referring to. I'm surprised anyone knew what I was talking about. I'm rambling a lot today. Heh.

Nutz- I wasn't actually trying to do a link. I just wanted to see what the a was. :P

Bummer about the strikeout. I love using that. *pout*

Schnookie said...

Awwwwwwwww sorry to hear you are sick. Sleeping on the bathroom floor? How awful. *HUGS*

All my jewelery is yellow gold. I wouldn't think of changing it as DH bought it all for me and besides, I prefer it.

Like MTW, to me, white gold just looks like silver jewelery.

I do like silver/white gold jewelery. I figure it wouldn't go with my yellow gold. And, I never by myself jewelery. I'm not big on jewelery. I wear my engagement ring, emerald ring and diamond earrings. That's it.

frodis said...

*sits with the yellow gold peeps*

Yellow gold just looks better on me. My wedding/engagement rings are yellow gold, and on my right hand I wear a claddaugh ring and a plain gold band (both on the same finger) both in yellow gold.

That said, I always admire other people's white gold/platinum settings.

Sorry you're not feeling well. I'm glad you're on the mend!