Friday, January 12, 2007

Have a great weekend!

I'm going to be gone this weekend, from Friday night until late Sunday. I'll be going with my mom to the mountains (about 3 hours north of me) to attend a 70th anniversary party. Hard to imagine being married for 70 years, eh? I've known the couple my whole life, as they are the parents of my uncle (by marriage).

Anyways, I'm nervous about going because it's supposed to be really cold, and the thought of hitting ice in the canyon scares the carp out of me. I'll also be taking the kids. The low temp will be 17 degrees. I might not make it back. Just tonight as I drove to my parents house it was around 34 degrees and I could barely drive because I was shivering so bad! I hate being cold. *pout*

The good thing about this weekend is that it is buying me a weekend to myself in February sometime. DH will enjoy the house to himself while we are gone, so he agreed to do the same for me next month. Yay!

How should I spend my childless - DHless weekend next month??

10 comments:

Jen said...

What a wuss. *puts ice in MM's bra*

You should fly to Cleveland for Valentine's day!!!!!!!!!! *grin*

Seana said...

OK, most cars come with these things called "heaters". They blow hot air at you so you won't be cold in the car. Now, they do need to warm up for a minute first, so here's a little trick we use in the frigid north:

1. Run out in the cold and turn your car on, with the heat on full.

2. Run back into the house and get your coat and gloves, etc. on.

3. Let the car run for 5 minutes.

4. Go back out to the car and voila! It is warm.

Have fun this weekend. *smooch*

Swami said...

Well, I guess visiting peeps up north is off your list if you think 34', or even 17' is cold.

Have fun at the 70th anniversary! Not too many people make it that far! Let's see... I married Tom when I was 31 so I would have to live to be over 100. I'd better start exercising more and eating right!

kim (weltek) said...

Have a great time! Those anniversary parties usually end up being a nice time, even though I sometimes dread the thought.

For your weekend in Feb alone I think you should host a peep meet party. :-)

mtw said...

Brrrr. I will be in my warm house all weekend! Great way to get out of yard work. Oh, and we're having about 40 13 year olds over. And they prolly won't want to go swimming since it'll be 40 degrees outside.

I like Kim's idea best! :-)

Glowie said...

yes! Fly to Cleveland next month. *grin*

Have a nice weekend.

Bravie said...

You should enjoy it by driving 90 miles Southwest and visiting me. :)

Puffy said...

Wearing a knit hat (the Canadians have a special name for it) and gloves helps to keep me warm. My new car has seat heaters, too.

Woo hoo! February peep meet!

Anonymous said...

Hey I can get in here now. I was locked out for a couple of days. It looks like I have some catching up to do.

HistoryDetective said...

Oh well, I was going to invite you to Baltimore for your free weekend, but it looks like you already have plans. Maybe next time.