Gosh, I miss the funner times, here. Well, here are a couple of updates. I talked to my cousin tonight, and let her know about her niece's myspace account. She said her sister knew there was one, but had never seen it. She said since the account had not been active in over a month, she would likely not mention it to her sister. I guess that's it then. She didn't seem nearly shocked or appalled enough, IMO.
I don't know if I mentioned it here before, but on the Sunday before Labor day, there was a motorcycle / truck accident on the major cross-street, near my neighborhood. DH was taking the kids over to my parent's house, and they passed the scene, before any help had arrived. The kids saw the cyclist, on the ground, with blood all over his head. They were quite disturbed by what they saw. I assumed that the man had lived, based on the fact that there was no make-shift memorial set up. That Tuesday, DD found out that the man was the father of one of her friends at school. He had survived the accident, and they were asked to draw pictures for him,while he was in the hospital. Today, she came from home school and told me that it was announced he died yesterday. I am just heartbroken for the little girl, and her mother. I have no idea if there is anything I can do. *sigh*
Um, so some good news? I made a yummy dinner tonight. My DH and kids are going to a baseball game on Thursday. :) Thursday will be a good day. I can feel it. *grin*
Does anyone have anything good to share here, to brighten up my sullen blog?
Monday, September 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




13 comments:
I saw a new Bigfoot movie last Saturday night. "Sasquatch Mountain" on the SciFi channel. I thought of you!
{{{{HUGS}}}}
The Raiders lost their asses last night. That's good news.
*hugs*
Maybe this will inspire one of your kids to spend the next 16-18 years studying hard to become a doctor. That's one side-effect of witnessing a tragic accident.
Yikes. I can't believe your cousin didn't think it was a big deal. *shakes head*
Oh no. :( *hugs*
Good news? Hmmm. Uh. Dancing With The Stars starts tonight. :) Do you watch that? You should.
*besa*
Sorry about the bad news. {{hugs}}
On the good side, I was called a motormouth the other day. I took it as a compliment.
I went to two funerals last week: a 48 year old man and a 56 year old woman.
Thanks everyone!
Zombs, I'll look for that movie!
Carey, knowing they lost does make me feel better. :)
Swami, great point. Or, maybe they'll be more inclined to wear helmets as they get older.
Jen, I should watch it? Hmm, if you are, maybe I'll look into it. *besa*
Hi Dragonflies! LOL! I stepped on a dead dragonfly the other day. Umm. Nevermind. *smooch*
Puffy, where is the good news?? ;-)
{{hugs}}
Jerry Springer and Emmit Smith ballroom dancing? It's practically a must see! *grin* Plus there might be some good eye candy with Mario Lopez and Joey Lawrence. I haven't seen either of them lately though, so I'm not sure how they're holding up. Heh.
I had a really nice birthday! :-)
I still have my new HDTV. Of course, it's still in the box and destined to stay there for a while. It IS a nice box! ;-)
I've got nothing but
Hi!
{{{MM}}}
Sigh. At least you tried with the web stuff. If you ever see your niece, might want to talk about it with her, or send her a letter just saying you were concerned & that you care about her. Can't hurt your relationship with your cousin any worse, right?
Hmmmm, good news? My paper piles didn't multiply overnight, so I only have 9 in front of me. Only.
Oh, what sad news. :(
{{{hugs}}}
Post a Comment