Wednesday, September 20, 2006

In the news

(links included)


Two things that caught my eye recently, is the discovery of a walking shark (pictured). It is my absolute worst nightmare! lol!
As a cryptozoology enthusiast, I was particularly intrigued because it just goes to show, new discoveries are *always* being made. Just wait. Bigfoot and Nessie will be along shortly. ;-)

Another interesting article was about the first ever penis transplant (not pictured). "The patient finally decided to give up the treatment because of the wife's psychological rejection, as well as the swollen shape of the transplanted penis".

Hmm. So if these were to become commonplace, how many men would go on the donor list, do you think? And could you get used to the idea of having someone else's appendage (umm, on you or *ahem* in you)?


9 comments:

Seana said...

Poor penis guy. Geez. He wasn't even home from the hospital yet and she made him cut it off again.

the 10-centimetre (4-inch) organ

Maybe she wanted something bigger?

kim (weltek) said...

As usual, you have the strangest post of the day.

The walking shark is very exciting. The penis transplant is just weird.

Swami said...

Poor penis guy. Two weeks isn't enough time to decide, IMO.

I figure a donated dick is better than none and it would not bother me at all. It's just another kind of tissue transplant - kidney, heart, skin, cornea - they're all foreign tissue at transplant time.

You'd think the old guys wife would be happy with a 22 year old dick!

Zombs said...

Maybe Bigfoot will be donor?

mm said...

Seana, I considered commenting on the length, but then decided to leave it for someone else. Thank you. *snort*

Kim! What? This is the first I've heard that I have strange blog entries. Are you sure you mean me? Not someone else? *hintCareyhint*

Swami, I thought so too (about two weeks, I mean). Forget the sex even, just being able urinate properly would be reason to give it more of a shot.

Zombs, do tell. Is Bigfoot's penis really all that? *giggle*

HistoryDetective said...

I just crossed my legs. I didn't even click the link. See you tomorrow.

~Nutz said...

OK, since everyone else is only talking about the one topic, I'll take the other!

It's no surprise to me that there is a walking shark. After all, that Discovery channel program I watched last week told me that dolphins and whales evolved from wolf-like 4 legged land creatures. That's why they are mammals.

Nutz <---entertains her brain

Puffy said...

Jay Leno commented on the penis transplant. He said that maybe the wife recognized the penis as being from a guy she used to date: "Bob, is that you?"

Chrissy (woe) said...

Love the pic of the shark, thought it was just for me, the fish lover :D

*smooch*