"Why I feel sick"?
"Why I said Fuck"?
"Why my DH is a moron"?
OR,
"Why my cat must die"?
It doesn't really matter which title, because the facts remain the same. I am awake (barely) sitting at the computer desk, which is right next to the living room windows. I have already opened the blinds. It's quiet, and peaceful. *smiling* Oh Wait! Not so!! There is a noise right next next to me, near the window. I glance over, and whatever the fuck it is, has not only made a pretty big plopping noise, it is now hanging onto one of the blinds (two inch wood kind). I can see flesh colored legs. I am thinking "camel spider". It's got to be effing huge, from the noise it made when it fell. The legs are giant. Nevermind that it has toes on the legs, or that camel spiders don't live here in California, irrational fears don't stop and evaluate the facts, very often, at least not for me. So, without having seen the body yet, I yell, "fuck!" and back away from the desk. As I do so, the freaking huge TREE FROG starts climbing the window. How the hell did a tree frog get in here?? I call DH, and calmly *smirk* tell him what's going on. At first, he sounds all surprised. "Really? A frog??" Then he says, "I wonder if it's the same one ..." I interupt him and say "yes! If you know anything about a frog being in the house, it's the same one". (since I've never seen one in the house before today) He says, "Ohhh, I'm sorry, I took it away from the cat and put it in the trash can". *insert me making an "are you completely insane, face, here*
So yeah, what's a frog going to do, you think, when sitting in a trash can? It's going to climb out and scare the living shit out of your wife, dumbass! *rolls eyes*
So, I slide open the screenless window, and wait for the frog to crawl out. Poor thing was out pretty quick. He was lucky to be alive really. I have sympathy for frogs, because I know they're harmless. I hate seeing one get killed. I must say though, that even with all the sympathy in the world, I still can't stand to touch one, or be near it. I would not have been able to pick it up this morning, had it been on the floor, or anywhere else. We were both lucky it was already on the window. *deep sigh* Now, my shoulders are tense, and frankly, I almost threw up afterwards. Ick. For a tree frog, it was huge.
Almost forgot to add, DH said when he was getting it from the cat, the frog must have peed in the cats mouth, because the cat started smacking it's mouth, making a funny face. LOL! Serves him right!
Wednesday, September 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




11 comments:
Ribbit
I posted this on accident, then put it back into draft, to add something, and I thought to myself, "what are the chances that someone was here in the 3 seconds that this was published?"
LOL! Of course it'd be you. :P
*shudder* I would have gone ballistic! I hate frogs! *shudder*
The past month, our streets have been taken over by toads. Some as big as my hand. So, when DH is out of town and I have to walk the dog at night, I'm completely freaked out. There are big ones and little ones. I swear, if one decided to jump at me, I'd die of a heart attack. *shudder*
*massages mm's shoulders* Poor thing. I can only imagine how tense you are. What an ass your DH is. Really. He throws it in the garbage? *shakes head*
What's the difference between a toad and a frog?
Kermit is the only frog that I like.
Frogs have smooth skin and toads have dry warty skin. Frogs have longer legs.
*shudder*
*snort* Sorry, but that was a funny story. LOL at your DH putting it in the garbage can.
Frogs gross me out & I freak a little, but I don't hate them.
Frog story: MIL was staying at my B&SILs. SIL is an animal lover & often takes in stray animals. MIL took a shower & saw a frog in it. She assumed the frog was one of SILs charity cases & let it be, not even mentioning it to anyone until considerably later when SIL found it in the bathroom & made a stink about it. :-)
I am very fond of frogs and toads. I build little houses for them in my yard.
Just give me a call and I'll be happy to come and rescue all you delicate maidens from large and small amphibians of any kind.
I love little green tree frogs most of all!
LOL! You crack me up!
Uh.
I mean.
Wow. That must have been scary. I'm proud of you for handling it so bravely. *hugs*
*snort*
I vote for "Why my DH is a moron"!!! WhoTF puts a frog in the garbage???
Hee! :) I can't stop laughing! Poor you to be skeered shitless like that.
I've been seeing large grasshoppers lately. My Dbf said kill it. Geeze, grasshoppers eat mosquitos and spiders. I'm not killing a beautiful grasshopper.
And I also like frogs!
Poor frog! I like frogs. For one thing, they eat pesty bugs. We used to get toads in the garden when I was a kid. We'd try to keep them in the sandbox. We's build them little sand houses to live in and everything, but they always escaped from us.
I can't imagine why.
PS: The delete was me. Sorry.
Post a Comment