Thursday, September 07, 2006

Friday already?

Wow, this week flew by. Unlike most people, I actually don't love the weekends. It means my house is full, noisy and messier than usual. It means everything I do (or don't do) will be noticed. *sigh* What a whiner I am. This Saturday, I will be watching my cousins two daughters. I have no idea how to keep them occupied. I usually pick things that cost money (movies, shopping, eating out, etc.) but this time, I want to be smart and stay in. We'll see how long I keep my resolve on that.

Last night, I went to a friends house for dinner. I brought Panera soup for the two of us. It was alright, but her two kids were quite the handful. I don't like being hit by a three year old, and then patted on my boobs as he observes that I have some. His mom said he's obsessed with them lately, lol.
We went through some old photos of hers, from back when we were teenagers. It was fun to reminisce. :) One thing that caught me off guard though, was that she had some photos of herself, in a bra and panties, that she had her cousin (female) take of her, when she was around 13 - 14 years old. Is that normal? *boggle* I was there pretty late, and by the time I got home, I was spent.

Oh, here's one last thought. What is with certain expressions? What do they mean? They annoy the hell out of me, though I use them too, lol.

It is what it is. ? (what is it?)

At the end of the day? (gotta love Dr. Will)

Another I hate,

Hang in there. (as opposed to what?)

If I can do it, you can do it. (so not true, usually)

15 comments:

Bravie said...

If you want, you could leave the kids and come here tomorrow. We're taking part in the city wide garage sale and we could use the extra help. :)

Swami said...

Who were the photos for?

When I was a young teen the "cool" girls all took polaroids (no digital back then) of themselves naked - but with their head not in the frame - and gave them to their boyfriends. More chicken girls just gave headless pics in their underwear.

Boy did a lot of parents go ballistic when this little tradition came out! (At least the girls were smart enough to cut their heads off, lol. It also proved they had no brains.)

Zombs said...

Hang in there MM soon it will be Monday!

Breezy said...

Woooooo weekend!!!

*grin*

Go get beads and stuff and make jewelry with the kiddos.

mtw said...

How old are the kids you're watching? If they are older, you can sit around and take photos of each other in bras and panties.

I don't like the saying "at the end of the day" Dr. Will really did drive me crazy with that one.

Schnookie said...

Can you blame the kid for wanting to touch your oobies? He's probably never seen such hairy ones. *grin*

I never took pics of myself nekkid or with bra and panties and I never heard of any of the other kids doing it. I guess I wasn't cool then either LOL.

LOL at the expressions. I think I use "hang in there" too often.

kim (weltek) said...

I hate "It is what it is." Argh!

My ~5yo nephew was once being grabby, then lifted up my shirt and grabed at my tummy & said I was fat. That was fun. So yeah, I feel for ya on that hitting & obbie grabbing thing.

I wouldn't say it was THAT strange for the polaroid thing, but as a parent I'd be disturbed. It's a very sexually weird stage fore kids. They have all this new equipment. :-)

Bravie said...

LOL @ Nookie

Swami said...

Nookie, I never took pictures of myself like that! The uber-cool, too cool for school kids did that. I was more in the academic/geek track.

Hanging in there is so much better than the alternative of "fall into the bottomless pit.'

Schnookie said...

Hey Swami!

*click*

Nookie <---- now taking pics of all the cool kids

mm said...

Carey~ Help? I'd want to shop!! :)

Swami~ not sure who the photos were for. That's a good question. I jokingly asked her if they were for her myspace, but she laughed and never said what they *were* for.

Zombs~ *whack!*

Breezy~ very good idea! I think we have a bead store nearby, but it's been so long since I've done that, I can't be sure. I'll look into it. Thanks!

MTW~ LOL! Yes, I'll take some photos of the girls in their underwear. DD loved Will, but she too rolled her eyes every time he said it.

Nookie~ I never even thought about the hairyness factor. You're probably right. Don't worry about being a cool kid. Just hang in there. ;-)

Kim~ funny comment about the "new equipment". She had said (my nekkid photo friend) that she remembers waking up one day and there were her boobs. Just out of the blue, lol.

*poses for Nookie*

Puffy said...

Smile everyone
*click* *click* *click* *click*

Glowie said...

This week did seem to go fast. Though I? like the weekends. Very much. I hope this weekend doesn't go fast.

I never took pictures of any of my cousins in their underwear and bras. I don't think any of them took pictures of me in mine either. Though with a few of them, one cannot be too sure.

I like Dr. Will but at the end of the day, I still prefer me some James.

*smooch*
*click*

Glowie said...

As a complete and total aside, my husband is cooking dinner (very late for dinner since I haven't eaten yet today) and it smells very good.

mm said...

Glowie is cute. :)

*smooch*

*smiles for the picture*