I'm ready for Monday, when the house is mine again. This weekend seemed to drag on for me. Saturday I had a bridal shower, which meant last minute shopping and making a fruit salad. We (mom and I) were over an hour late. Oh well.
Today was alright, until my dad finally got sick of listening to my brother and I scheme about pushing him into the pool. We were offering each other money, trying to get the other to do it (dad was skimming the pool). Anyhow, I was wearing my Sunday clothes (yes, even smutty girls go to church) and so when my dad came over to us saying it was time we all went in, I didn't think he meant it. I did put up a fight, falling to the ground, begging for mercy and all that, but in the end, it was to no avail. In I went, skirt, blouse and one shoe. I kicked the other off in time. I came up choking and gasping. Damn that water is cold. My dad got to jump in, after pushing my brother, in too. Then of course comes my mother, camera in hand. Perfect. I had to sit in the sun for over an hour, trying to dry enough to be able to drive home. I'm really ready for Monday.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So, I have a question. I think OT has become a little boring lately, and at first I wondered if it was because I've been so much more entertained by the blogs, and the more personal interaction. But then I wondered, maybe OT is becoming more boring because some things that would normally be posted on OT are being used in the blogs instead? (sounds like I said the same thing, doesn't it?)
When Boo posted the "6 weird things" thing on OT, it was really popular. I would have never thought of doing that. In the past, a lot of what we blog about might have been used in OT instead, right? I'm not actually suggesting anything (like posting more over there) because frankly, I don't see anything wrong with playing here, but I wanted to ask, are there things you only post on your blog now, that maybe, in the past, you might have posted on OT?
Monday, May 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




43 comments:
*sneaks up behind MM, pushes her in pool*
I agree with you about OT and the blogs. I do think a lot of things that we post on the blogs (like the 6 weird things and the "pick one band and answer the questions using only song titles") would have been things that normally we would post on OT, and would help with interaction over there.
You hit the nail on the head!
*hangs onto Arkie's arm and pulls her in with me*
Yes, I think a lot of what used to go on OT is now being posted in blogs.
For me, I started losing interest in OT a long time ago but I still go there. But the last round of fights when Cyg called us baby killers and didn't get so much as a warning for it, really was the thing that put me over the edge. Since then, my time spen posting there has become very limited.
It seems as if the majority of the posters who are on the forefront these days, just don't interest me. I don't feel the need to post so much anymore. I still read everyday, hoping that things will start to turn around again but so far I haven't seen it.
OT, for me, has been boring for a very long time. But I very much agree that the 6 things and the like are great threads to start there. They're the only threads I like because they loosen things up.
*smooch*
I agree as well. I think that there are a few reasons for this. One of them involves some finger-pointing, but I think you can figure it out on your own since so many peeps have commented on it in blogland.
Another may just be personal to me. There are some things that I post on my blog that I would never dream of posting on OT. There are other things that I would not mind posting on OT if somebody else gave me an appropriate context for doing so, but to just pop in and post them on my own would feel way too DAWish, I guess it's one of those things where I do the math and if I think that it is too HD-centric and will not generate more than a couple of responses, then I just don't bother posting it on OT. I try to post stuff that I think a broad segment of the community there will find interesting or have fun writing a response. So, my blog could be just those items that I don't feel comfortable, for whatever reason, posting on OT. That seems a little boring to me. I need other items to help round out the blog. As a result, some stuff that I would have formerly posted on OT ends up getting posted on my blog instead.
Of course, sometimes I post the same thing in both places because I really want to have the experience with the OT community but I also want to have a personal record of it in my own blog (and not have it get lost in the OT archives where nobody can ever efficiently find anything).
Make sense?
I'm just hear for the wet T-shirt contest. You were pushed into the pool right? *grin*
OT, I read when I remember but it's been boring for awhile so my posting is pretty limited.
Like Carey and Glowie, I think OT is a mostly boring place these days. I used to read it once in a while, but not for months now. Unless something in blogland aims me right at it, I don't go.
Some topics may be interesting of themselves but I don't know enough people anymore.
I like blogland because it's more intimate - like the difference between grabbing lunch at an impersonal, megamall food kiosk zone and stopping in at your favorite little restaurant (Cheers Bar?) where everybody knows you. I think I crave the intimacy level here.
*looks up*
Yeah. What them all said!
(Although, it's not like I was much of a DAW over there anyway.)
~ EmRB,
Baby Killer
Absolutely agree. Look at it this way each of our blog entries are really like a new thread on OT. However I don't think some of what we post on our blogs would really interest that many people over there.
I prefer the no socks, shoes and pants atmosphere here!
Another thing to. Because I do read OT but rarely post I still feel like I am always there but I guess when I do post it is almost like "Who is that?" or "Where has she been?" I feel regular there because I interact with you guys here and you guys are what I think of when I think of OT. I think I am just rambling.
Did anyone hear what Zombs said? I mean, *rolls eyes* she just kept rambling. *grin*
I agree, but I still hold OT close to my heart & check it daily.
I too hold it dear which is why I keep trying. But it is getting more and more like a chore or a habit than something that I enjoy.
Like slim, I'm picturing you wet. Was it a prairie skirt and a peasant blouse?
I, too, visit OT daily, but not until I've checked all the blogs and commented. Sometimes I'm surprised at what an afterthought it has become.
It's true, when you're not there as often, it seems like all of a sudden there are new peeps everywhere that you don't even know. I think I open maybe 3 threads a day, glance at it and it's posters, and often find I don't have anything to add.
My poor DAW count. :P
LOL @ Slim and MTW. Men! *rolls eyes*
Please note that I did not objectify you like Mr. Slim and Mr. MTW did.
Oh, it was noted, HD.
*seriously bummed*
Umm, FTR, I was not objectifying. I was lusting.
Too bad you weren't wearing peanut butter in the pool...
Are you gonna post the pics that your mom took? You should. *waits for pics* *grin*
I still visit OT almost every day. I do read a lot of the threads, but I hardly ever post anymore. I just feel like I have nothing to say. I'm not on any type of self-imposed break like some people. If I want to post, I do. But it is definitely not as much fun as it used to be. I haven't participated in a good thread jack in ages. :( And I think you're right, a lot of stuff that we maybe would have posted on OT before is now used in our blogs. Maybe the tide will change again one day and OT will return to the way it was. I hope so.
Well, DooWah used to post big rants on her blog that all us old folks would just clear out of OT to give the newbies a chance to develop their online personas. I guess she is getting her wish. This is so thoughtful of us, isn't it?
Peanut butter with chlorine is just icky. How about I wear some peanut butter right now? *grin*
I don't even want to *see* the pics she took, Jen.
HD, was DooWah really banned at RTVW?
I have very concentrated times when I can post-- during nap time-- and when I go over to OT my first instinct is to play with all of you and I actually scan the threads looking for my blog friends. It is much easier finding you here and also, I like the feeling of visiting people's own space. It is coming over for coffee or something.
And yes, it has become PAINFULLY boring over there. I seldom click over anymore.
You put on the peanut butter and then we'll talk...
*pulls paper towel out of HD's ass*
Do you think he will spin?
I guess I agree with everyone. This is my week for not really posting much anywhere during the day, since DH is trying to get some sleep.
I do miss what OT was when I first found it. I don't know what happened. It's been wrong for a long time.
Zombs, where did you ever get the idea that I am a cat, or that I would eat paper towel in the first place?
But you just go ahead and yank on whatever you find hanging out of my ass. I hope you get a nice surprise!
LOL HD. I have no idea. I am just being silly. But the image of pulling paper towels out of a butt is funny.
I still look in on OT, but it seem I read mostly the names of posts, and only rarely does one actually make me wonder what is inside anymore. It seems sad, after what it was when I first found it.
I don't remember where I read it, but I knew exactly what Zombs meant, and it made me laugh! :)
*smooches* Seana and Survey!
*starts spreading the peanut butter*
I believe DWD was actually banned. Do you really think she would have left voluntarily without spreading her message to the masses? *grin*
I have some evidence: Apprentice 5 Summaries
Oh, i know exactly what Zombs is talking about too --- and I should have said dog rather than cat in my previous response. I offered the cat example and that involved yarn, not paper towels.
I suppose that I should be happy that Zombs just wants to pull paper towel out of my ass now. For a while she was suggesting that I should eat the paper towel.
Nasty.
Yeah, Zombs can be nasty, can't she? *grin*
And hey Nutz! How did you put a link in a comment??
Lol, I've been gone so long I have no idea who DooWahDitty is, and I've never seen her blog either.
Here is something cute to spice things up:
The 7 Stages of Sex
The 1st kind of sex is called: Smurf Sex. This kind of sex happens when you first meet someone and you both have sex until you are blue in the face.
The 2nd kind of sex is called: Kitchen Sex. This is when you have been with your partner for a short time and you are so horny you will have sex anywhere, even in the kitchen.
The 3rd kind of sex is called: Bedroom Sex. This is when you have been with your partner for a long time. Your sex has gotten routine and you usually have sex only in your bedroom.
The 4th kind of sex is called: Hallway Sex. This is when you have been with your partner for too long. When you pass each other in the hallway, you both say, “Screw you!â€
The 5th kind of sex is called: Religious Sex, which means you get Nun in the morning, Nun in the afternoon and Nun at night.
The 6th kind is called: Courtroom Sex. This is when you cannot stand your wife any more. She takes you to court and screws you right in front of everyone.
And last, but not least, the 7th kind of sex is called: Social Security Sex. You get a little each month. But not enough to live on.
Hee hee! You like that kewl little trick, don't you? *grin*
The html code is:
[a href="Insert URL here"]Name of site [/a]
Replace all the [ and ] with < and >
My take on the OT thingy...
I enjoy the back and forth banter that sometimes occured in threads. Ya know the tossing of water balloons at each other, the nonense that had nothing to do with the original post.
Some didn't. Some mocked and made fun of it. Blogs became the place we could do such without being mocked.
Breezy is very smart!
I totally agree. The deep enders thought we were all (well most) just providing useless fun. Well, screw them! I don't give two craps about deep stuff. This is why I don't watch any news progams. Ever. I really don't care.
I like the blogs better because we don't have to be scrutinized for being frivolous. I live for frivolity.
Something else about the frivolous bantering...
over there, I don't feel nearly as comfortable doing that as I do in the blogs. Maybe because there are less spectators in blogland. Either way, we have plenty of fun here.
*smooches* to Breezy & Nutzy!
I also enjoy that we can do that banter thing here. And? I don't have to watch my language. Except for in Monsty's blog.
*passes out little cocktail franks*
I like the sophistication over here.
What the fuck is OT?
Post a Comment