Monday, May 29, 2006

Candy, Shoes and an iPod!

So far, my weekend has been pretty good. Started out with a trip to Mervyn's, where I found some shoes I fell in love with (pictured). I love them, but have no idea what is appropriate to wear with them. I bought some new black dressy capris, and wondered if I could wear the new heels?? Anyone know? I am wondering if it looks skanky to do that.



On Saturday, I went to a friend's house with my brother and just hung out for a while. It was pretty uneventful. The drive home was so wonderful though. I saw a couple of awesome shooting stars, and just enjoyed the time.

Today, DD and I went shopping and we bought 11, 1 pound bags of Smarties. I am supposed to do the favors for a baby shower and decided to use the Smarties to put into the baby food jars the hostess provided for me. It's tedious and time consuming. Ack. Here's a picture of the wrappers we opened, and the end result. My fingers are sore and my head is pounding, but at least the candy is in the jars. Now all I have to do is the tulle and ribbon thing. *sigh*

Hey! One more thing. I got a new iPod! Yay! I know I will need it on the cruise next week. There are all my favorite songs already downloaded into it, and it's really easy to use. How did I live without one for so long?

22 comments:

Zombs said...

I see no pictures. :(

mtw said...

I see the pictures, but the shoe looks out of context without your foot in it. How are we supposed to know how they look?

MM, I was star gazing Saturday night too, lying in my backyard on a sleeping bag! I wonder if we saw the same shooting stars? Did you see the one where it was like a dark flash of light for about half a second, going left to right, and then it disappeared?

It was right over the clump of birch trees in my backyard. Does that help?

Anonymous said...

Good Gawd Woman! How can one wear such a high heel? *shakes head*

Very cute idea with the Smarties.

And I love my iPod. I just loaded another 50 songs into it today from some cds. I still have room for another 300!

momma said...

I have a similar pair of sandals - same top part of your heel anyway - that I wear with my black capris. How the hell do you wear a heel that high? Yeeps. I'd break my neck.

The jars are quite cute. Very good job!

Puffy said...

Whatever happened with the shower that you were supposed to be one of the hostesses for, but ended up being excluded from the planning?

Love the shoe! Did you buy two of them? If you can walk in those heels, definitely wear them with capris, slacks, skirt, dress, or bathing suit.

Glowie said...

I love the Smarties idea! Very cute. The shoes are nice but I'm not sure about them with capris. I'd have to see a picture. *grin*

~Nutz said...

*waits with Puffy to find out if there are 2 shoes*

*giggle*

So? is this your big contribution as co-hostess?

Sonya said...

I wish I could wear heels, but to tall. The candy in the bottles idea was great. Can't wait to hear more about the cruise.

Swami said...

That is one big pile of Smarties. I don't like Smarties. But I like the shoes!

mm said...

Hi ladies! (and MTW) :)

Ok, so yes, I did buy two shoes. :P I just took the pic of one since I thought it would be be clearer without the other one behind it.

They are easy to walk in, and not as high as you must think they are. If I get my pic taken while wearing them and the capris, I will post it here. :)

As for the baby shower, yes, this is my big contribution. I am actually quite glad that I didn't have to do more, as I have enough going on right now while trying to pack for myself (to leave) and for my kids (who are staying with my grandma).

Hope you all had a great weekend!

Debcapsfan said...

Those shoes look like they'd go better with a skirt than a pair of capris, IMHO. I like em.
I kind of freak out in situations where there is an overflow of estrogen, like a baby shower. They make me want to body check someone into a wall.
(sorry, that's not very girly of me)

mm said...

LOL, Debs. I know exactly what you mean. Hearing all the "oohing" and "ahhing" and occasional "squueeeling" irritates me, too.

Schnookie said...

Love the shoes and LMAO at your skanky comment.

I bought a few pairs of capris pants last year and some cute little open toe sandals with a heel. Sort of like a Barbie-doll shoe. Anyhoo, everytime I wore the shoes with the capris, I would ask DH if I looked whorish. I don't know why I would think that. Perhaps we should get some espadrilles.

Wow that's a lot of Smarties. How cute the end results are though.

I thought Smarties were only available in Canada?

mtw said...

Nookie, they are a different kind of smarties. Not the chocolate Canadian smarties. When you have a candy question you should ask the expert! ;-)

~Nutz said...

Yay! for having 2 shoes!

Wouldn't want you to have to walk lopsided. *grin*

...and yay! for having to do minimal work for the baby shower.

Lasann said...

Sorry but the old fuddy duddy thinks the heels are too much with capris. I think they'd be great with a skirt. LOL at Puffy - wear them with a bathing suit.

Enjoy the cruise!

Coco said...

Gack. Those are not Smarties. Smarties are chocolate. Those are Rockets, my dear.

Fabulous shoes. Fabulous. I say they go with capris if you are cute, which you probably are.

Emily RugBurn said...

coco stole my comment!

Around these parts, those are most certainly "Rockets", which happen to be my absolute favourite Hallowe'en candy (and DHs least favourite, which works out really well for me)!

Bravie said...

I think a praire skirt would go well with those shoes. *grin*

mm said...

I have a praire skirt and I think you're right! ;-)

mtw said...

Oooh! Prairie skirts! I LVOE them!

Schnookie said...

Duh. You're right MTW. I should have asked the expert LOL.

I thought they looked like Rockets. Funny how they are called Smarties.