Friday, May 05, 2006

Changes

First of all, sorry if I've been MIA lately. I'm working at my mom and dad's house in their backyard, getting ready for a party this weekend. I'm sore in places I can't pronounce. I've been doing it since Wednesday, and will hopefully be done tomorrow at a decent hour. Saturday I have a lot going on too, including the party. *whew* I'm tired.

Ok, so here's my question; if you could change one thing about you, what would it be? It can be a serious answer, or even a shallow one. Heck, let's do both. I'll go first...

Serious~ I think if I could change anything, it'd be my conservatism. I don't mean politically, either. I mean that I'm so afraid of drawing attention to myself that I miss out on a lot of fun, or I stress about what other people are thinking of my actions. I'd love to be able to let loose and have a good time, without the fear of being judged.

Shallow~ I'd change my body shape. I'm only 5'3, but my body is convinced I am 6'9, and therefore I am way too curvy. <--nice way of saying it. I would like to be naturally tall and slender. *sigh*

18 comments:

Bravie said...

Serious: I would like to have better control over who I love and who I don't.

Shallow: I would trade in my stocky legs, my bulging belly, my ugly face, my bad hair, my bad skin, my sagging boobs, my fat ass and I would have a bigger house with a yard.

arkie said...

*sings*Don't go changing to try to please me...

I would not be a fat hateful cow if I could change something.

Jen said...

I do not accept your apology. I have missed you far too much, and I am angry with you for disappearing. :P

If I could change one thing, I would want to be less lazy. I could change so many things in my life if I just had some energy. Have a cleaner house, find a new job, get out of the house more, make new friends (but keep the ollllld, one is silver and the other gold. /singing) and the most important thing I need to change- my weight. *sigh*

Hey! I didn't know you were 5'3! We're the same height. :)

*gives MM a massage* Have fun at the party! *smoooooooooch*

kim (weltek) said...

Shallow: I'd be 50 lbs thinner.

Serious: I'd be 50 lbs. thinner.

If you are looking for a non-physical trait thing, I'd go for becoming math-smart. I can hold my own in most subjects, but complex math paralyzes me.

Swami said...

What the heck are you doing, MM? Hand digging a lake and landscaping it?

Shallow answer: I would have Meemo's metabolism and never be mad when people offered me an extra large slice of cake!

Serious answer: I would like to have a brilliant understanding of Physics.

mtw said...

Serious - I honestly can't think of anything serious I'd like to change about myself, which I guess is kind of nice. My *living situation* maybe, but not my actual self.

Shallow - Well, if you're going to be tall, I'd have to be tall. *grin* I guess I'd like to be taller with great hair and natural good looks.

Schnookie said...

Hmmmmmmmmmm we seem to be alike in many ways mm. Perhaps Weltek, you and I are triplets LOL.

I have missed out on so much fun because of being conservative.

Serious: I would like to be smarter.

Shallow: I would like to have perfect hair.

mm said...

Carey, I can totally understand why you'd want to change your entire body and face. *rolls eyes* Dork!

Arkie! You are in trouble, too! You need to come up with a real answer. That is just not going to fly in my blog.

Jen, I wish I had more energy too. My problem is that it comes really late at night. Thanks for the massage! ;-)

Kim, that's another one I could have chosen. I would love to be better at math!

Swami, I'm gardening in very hard dirt that has tons of rocks in it. My hands are so sore! And you know what? Having a high metabolism would be better than just being thin. Then we could eat whatever we wanted, too!

MTW! I am calling foul on your answer! I think *everyone* can find something they'd like to change. If you don't want to say something too personal, that's obviously fine, but c'mon, you can try harder than that! :P

Nookie, being like you is considered a great compliment! Yay! I'll have to pay closer attention to how you and Weltek are alike, too.

mtw said...

Okay, okay, I've got a couple serious things I'd like to change. I'd like to be less of a procrastinator, and I'd like to be less forgetful.

*smooch*
Oh, and I'd like to do more smooching!

Sonya said...

Serious: I would want to have more self control when it comes to dieting.

Shallow: I would want to keep the same figure I had at 21 forever.

Zombs said...

Serious: less lazy, or more organized.

Shallow: No body hair.

Zombs said...

No body hair in places I don't want it.

Schnookie said...

So z'baby, you'd keep the hair on the toes, right? :-)

arkie said...

Fine.

Serious: I would be more emotionally secure.

Shallow: Men would fall at my feet and do everything I say.

momma said...

Serious: I'd have more energy and less procrastination

Shallow: I'd have won the lottery already and wouldn't have to worry about that serious answer above because I'd pay people to do my worrying!

BlindSlim~CSTL said...

Just stopping in to give hugs and smooches. Too many things to change here but the important ones have already been put in progress thanks in part to you and my dear bride. Change is good.

Aislinn Sirk said...

Serious: Procastanation. I would love to be able to actually do all the things I should do or plan to do.

Shallow: I want a tan and to be able to speak another language fluently.

~Nutz said...

Cripes! I'm 5'3" too. Yay for all the short peeps!

I love me just the way I am. Honestly, I would not change a thing about myself. *grin*

I do wish others would love me as much as I love myself. Not that I'm egotistical, mind you. Just that some peeps in my life find it hard to understand that I am the way I am.

Examples: Mr. Nutz cannot understand how I can't be a morning person because he is and that's the way he thinks people must be! Also, how I could care less about housework and cooking. He seems to think that because I'm a woman, it is predetermined that those things are *my* job! Pfffft! Damned, chauvanistic caveman, he is!

Nutzgirl cannot understand why I'm such a homebody. Truth is, I like it here! It's my space!

They are both ig-noo-ray-mooses if you ask me! I accept them for the way they are. They should just leave me alone!