I need to do something about my sleeping patterns. Last night I fell asleep watching TV, maybe around midnight, and I was not comfortable at all (laying sideways on an oversized chair) but I stayed there until 2am. I then got up and went straight to bed, where I was awake for at least an hour (damn thoughts racing through my head). I woke up somewhere between 4 and 7 and layed there thinking about the dream I'd just had (about my mom and I shopping while a man I knew was following us, only she didn't know I knew him and thought he was a stalker) ...anyways, I was awake by 7am and feeling pretty damn crappy.
What time do you all usually go to bed? How many hours of sleep are normal for you to get?
Wednesday, May 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




20 comments:
My sleep patterns are weird too. There are some nights when I get home from work and just pass out for two - four hours and then I'm up all night and others where I can stay up till 2am and still get up bright-eyed and bushy tailed for work at 7:00am.
T is usually ready for bed by 10.
Yeah, DH is usually in bed pretty early, though lately, he's been staying up later (which is driving me insane).
I just don't get peeps who can function on so little sleep.
It's weird, but I really do sleep better in my chair than in my bed. I always wake up with bruises when I sleep in my bed and I think snoring is partially to blame. ;-)
I've been getting to sleep between 12 and 2:30 lately, and getting up at 7. Monday night I was up until 3, and last night, 2:30. Tonight I have late hockey, then have to watch Lost and possibly part of the Sharks game. I'll probably fall asleep, tryng to fight it off, trying to watch the last 15 minutes of Lost.
My best guess is that I'll end up replaying the last 15 minutes 4 or 5 times before fatigue wins and I wake up in my chair to the morning light.
BTW, where were you guys shopping? Maybe it was ME following you!
*smooch*
I usually go to bed between 11 and midnight and I get six to eight hours of sleep. Most nights I read in bed. I read myself to sleep.
MTW, I'm not sure where we were shopping, actually, looked like an antique mall or something. I bet it WAS you!
BTW, my DH gets those bruises too, so I bet you're right. :P
HD, I would love to read in bed, but DH goes to bed before me and the light would bother him. Of course, his snoring bothers *me* so maybe we should just call it even. Or better yet, maybe I'll come stay with you? ;-)
I go to bed between 10:30 and 11 cause I get up at 6 to have a few minutes with DH before he heads out. But I really like to fall asleep on the couch in front of the TV - it seems a treat to wake up and flip the channels at 3 in the morning.
Oh, and I stole what you stole from Catt. Thank you.
I never sleep anywhere other than my bed. If I want to take a nap, I don't do it on the couch or in my recliner, I go to my bedroom. I very rarely take naps though. I can't just nap for 20 mins like some people, I sleep for hours! And then I'm not tired to go to bed.
But that wasn't your question. Heh.
My bedtime ranges from 9pm (if I'm really tired) to midnight (if I'm drinking) during the week. On the weekends, I'm usually up until 3am or so.
But, since it takes me so long to fall alseep I'd say that I get an average of about 6 hours a night. I catch up on the weekends when I will sleep for 12 hours at a time. :)
As he said up there I am usually ready for bed around 10. I can stay up later, but I like early mornings and if I stay up to late then I cannot enjoy being awake the next day because I feel like crap.
There are times that I can stay up later and feel wonderful the next day, but since I have been pregnant those days are few and far between.
Oh crap! Was Rulz following you again? *grin*
I'm pathetic.
I go to sleep somewhere around 9:30. I get up at 6:15 to take the pups out and clean them up and feed them and shower and get dressed and take them out again and clean them up and get them settled and go to work. I am tired.
I'm usually asleep by 10, and wake up at 5 to feed the cat and get ready for work. This morning said kitty decided to wake me up at 3:30 AM with a loud purrrr a few inches from my face. If he wasn't so darn cute I would have been pretty upset. :)
I go to sleep between 10 and 11:30. I get up at 6ish. I can't function on little sleep and hate being woke up in the middle of my sleep. Monday night Dbf had fixed my antique lamp late at night and decided he just had to bring it up and hook it up on my night stand. I was rude and said, "Can YOU do that some other time." Then in the morning I felt bad because he had fixed it for me. So I told him thanks for fixing it but you know how I am about my sleep.
I go to bed around 10 to 10:30, whenever Tom goes. Usually I wake up about 6 to 6:15 and talk to him for a while before he leaves for work. About half the time I then go back to sleep until about 7:30. The rest of the time I wind up staying awake and going downstairs with Tom.
I get insomnia very rarely, but when I do I just get up and stay up until I can fall asleep. Every once in a blue moon I completely miss a night's sleep that way. Then I feel really crappy until I can go to bed again the next night.
How do you bruise yourself while snoring?
I fall asleep usually between 10 and 11. About once a week i will fall asleep around 9pm out of sheer exhaustion. I wake up anywhere between 4am and 5am. Usually closer to 4am though. *sigh*
I have a "pooper clock". Every morning, right around 4ish, I gotta poop. And once I've pooped, I never fall back asleep. Except on the weekend. My pooper clock will wait until 5ish or 6ish.
TMI?
Swami, I can't speak for MTW, but my DH gets the bruises when I hit him or kick him, in an effort to stop the snoring. *grin*
Yes Carey, TMI. I'll never be awake at 4am again without thinking about you.
Swami, that's how I get the bruises too!
Wow! Once in a while I nudge Tom into rolling over if his snoring gets too vigorous, but hit & kick him to the point of bruising?
That?
Baffles me.
Swami, no worries, I'm joking. I have never bruised DH. Like you, I've only nudged him him to roll over. I assume MTW was joking too, and I kinda played off of him.
*smooch*
Oh good. *whacks forehead* I should have been paying attention to your "*grin*".
Although in the future I will probably be extra nice to you just in case. (*grin*)
Post a Comment