So then I'm on my way home, (it's about a forty minute drive and I had just burned a CD for myself and I was looking forward to it) I'm listening to an awesome song, enjoying it immensely, when the words sunk in. I hadn't really paid attention to them before, but tonight they caught me off guard. Before I knew it, I could barely drive, I was sobbing so badly. And I hate to cry. I mean I really, really, hate it. The thing is, I found out yesterday that my brother's wife is leaving him after 13 years of marriage. We've never really clicked with her, so it wasn't immediately painful for me, as much as it was disturbing. She apparently fell out of love with him, and into love with someone else. We think it is her personal trainer based on some things that have happened, but she won't admit who it is.
They have two kids, ages 6 and 4. My brother knew his marriage was in trouble, there have been other signs, and he wanted to work things out so badly. He has been crying, and hurting so deeply. They were married young, have only been with eachother and seemed very happy for most of the 13 years. Anyways, here are the song lyrics. I am thinking of burning her this song, printing the lyrics and sending it to her. What do you think?
Wild World~ by Cat Stevens
Now that I've lost everything to you,
you say you want to start something new,
and it's breaking my heart you're leaving, baby I'm grieving.
But if you wanna leave take good care,
hope you have a lot of nice things to wear,
but then a lot of nice things turn bad out there.
Oh baby baby it's a wild world,
it's hard to get by just upon a smile.
Oh baby baby it's a wild world.
I'll always remember you like a child, girl.
You know I've seen a lot of what the world can do,
and it's breaking my heart in two,
cause I never want to see you sad girl,
don't be a bad girl,
but if you want to leave take good care,
hope you make a lot of nice friends out there,
but just remember there's a lot of bad and beware,
beware, Oh baby baby it's a wild world,
it's hard to get by just upon a smile
Oh baby baby it's a wild world,
and I'll always remember you like a child, girl.
Baby I love you,
but if you wanna leave take good care,
hope you make a lot of nice friends out there,
but just remember there's a lot of bad,
and beware, beware, oh baby baby it's a wild world,
it's hard to get by just upon a smile.
Oh baby baby it's a wild world,
and I'll always remember you like a child, girl.
My eyes are burning, red, and puffy. And now I hate her for ruining one of my favorite songs.




9 comments:
{{{hugs}}}
I like that song too. It's a good one.
Cat Stevens has great songs. Funny how a song can get to you when nothing else can.
I feel bad for the kids, no one wins in this situation but the kids always seem to get shafted the most.
I don't know what to say. So, just
*hugs*
I hate when a bad situation ruins a song for me. I've had a few of those.
*hugs*
Thank you consise, I agree.
Never wish any ill will upon someone else, but everyone has free will to make there own decsions. I wish your brother the best of luck, and all we can do as fellow humans is support each other in times of trouble, and attempt to help where and when we can.
Life is too short to Hold grudges, too short to be short sided, and not long enough to outlast negative feelings.
So it our choice to decide how our feelings are and how we are effected by the events that transpire in our lives and our days. We choose to be happy or sad.
I choose Life and I choose it more abundantely!! I was down that path of divorce and depression, not cool..But it was my choice Get up, stand up, shake off the dust and LIVE again!!
( well besides the broken leg etc :) )
I wish You and Your all the best!
Thank you Eric, you are absolutely right, of course.
Post a Comment